PDA

View Full Version : Fixes

SuzukiSamurai
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
So where are the fixes??

ShawnK116
10-24-2011, 01:43 AM
So where are the fixes??

you mean there supposed to fix issues and glitches or things not working at all!?!?:o i'm shocked!

Omal
10-24-2011, 04:13 AM
I will believe it when I see it. I don't have my hopes up though.

evil_hero
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
guys i found a fix for most issues with the game. has worked everytime, and with every machine i have tried.

Click on Start, then All Programs, then 1C Company folder, then Off-Road Drive folder, you will see a program called Uninstall Off-Road Drive.

Click that go through the wizard. Like i said, it has worked great for me and all the other machines i have tried it on. Let me know of your results.

Omal
10-24-2011, 10:34 PM
guys i found a fix for most issues with the game. has worked everytime, and with every machine i have tried.

Click on Start, then All Programs, then 1C Company folder, then Off-Road Drive folder, you will see a program called Uninstall Off-Road Drive.

Click that go through the wizard. Like i said, it has worked great for me and all the other machines i have tried it on. Let me know of your results.

I tried this as well. Too bad it doesn't give me free roam, but it got this huge disappointment of a game off my system. Thanks for the help!!

1c and the developers that made this game really missed the bullseye with this release. It feels too rushed.

evil_hero
10-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I tried this as well. Too bad it doesn't give me free roam, but it got this huge disappointment of a game off my system. Thanks for the help!!

1c and the developers that made this game really missed the bullseye with this release. It feels too rushed.

HAHAHA yeah no problem.

SuzukiSamurai
10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
So guys, you gotta try this, copy and paste as much as you can cause this really works OMFG!!! First I asked for free roam, nothing happened! Second time I asked for free roam and ******* nothing happened! Third time I asked for free roam still ******* nothing happened! OMFG, IT REALLY WORKS, NOTHING HAPPENED! Oh shit, then got banned LOL. XD

SuzukiSamurai
10-26-2011, 08:18 PM
And BTW, I uninstalled the game. My pc was a mess and I removed all the crap. For some reason Screamer 4x4 still is on the damn thing. :grin:

ShawnK116
10-27-2011, 12:53 AM
And BTW, I uninstalled the game. My pc was a mess and I removed all the crap. For some reason Screamer 4x4 still is on the damn thing. :grin:

yeah ya know i did a nice clean up to and got rid of programs not worth my time and only a few i COULD NOT remove no matter how hard i tried(sarcasm...).screamer 4x4 ...... my graphics designing programs(3) and my OS.

SuzukiSamurai
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
yeah ya know i did a nice clean up to and got rid of programs not worth my time and only a few i COULD NOT remove no matter how hard i tried(sarcasm...).screamer 4x4 ...... my graphics designing programs(3) and my OS.

I'll still be on the forum to keep up with any good news but I don't think this will happen. ;)

ShawnK116
10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I'll still be on the forum to keep up with any good news but I don't think this will happen. ;)

only reason i'm here still is cause this forum does get some pretty decent threads for offroading and stuff,oh and i don't mean the games "HIGHLY LIMITED AND BORING offroading".

SuzukiSamurai
10-29-2011, 12:58 PM
only reason i'm here still is cause this forum does get some pretty decent threads for offroading and stuff,oh and i don't mean the games "HIGHLY LIMITED AND BORING offroading".

This game has become a fail. Nobody talks about it anymore. :lol:

luke gr
10-30-2011, 02:10 AM
This game has become a fail. Nobody talks about it anymore. :lol:

Maybe because everyone's playin' It! ;)

xro
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Although the unreal engine has the capablility of running an open world game (an example would be The Wheelman) i would avoid it unless it was done properly. Fuel was made quite well but something about it just didn't click for me especially when playing free roam, i guess i just lost interest in it fast. Also the level of detail would drop considerably for free roam maps mainly because of there size and roaming on a tiny map is just silly.

evil_hero
10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Although the unreal engine has the capablility of running an open world game (an example would be The Wheelman) i would avoid it unless it was done properly. Fuel was made quite well but something about it just didn't click for me especially when playing free roam, i guess i just lost interest in it fast. Also the level of detail would drop considerably for free roam maps mainly because of there size and roaming on a tiny map is just silly.

I would agree with you, and disagree with you.
Fuel I also agree was missing something, and yes the level of detail would drop, thats to be expected. I would imagine something like GTA level of detail, not amazing but definitely still good looking.

HOWEVER a good developer will release the game and give their players the tools necessary to make that game even better. Think about it, you pay the devs to make a game, then have the community make it better........for free.......and they do it because the game is fun, and gamers (not all) by nature are tinkerers. They are always looking for ways to make their favorite game better.

ALSO, in the offroad "culture", really the main point. is to build your truck up, climb things, and brag about stuff you've climbed. IMO an Off-Road game must have some type of freeroam, dumbed downed graphics or not.

I would seriously still be playing this game, if i could hop on a MP server, get in my truck and jam around the mountains with people. As it is, I installed it, played a week (maybe) and uninstalled.

Omal
11-01-2011, 06:19 AM
I would agree with you, and disagree with you.
Fuel I also agree was missing something, and yes the level of detail would drop, thats to be expected. I would imagine something like GTA level of detail, not amazing but definitely still good looking.

HOWEVER a good developer will release the game and give their players the tools necessary to make that game even better. Think about it, you pay the devs to make a game, then have the community make it better........for free.......and they do it because the game is fun, and gamers (not all) by nature are tinkerers. They are always looking for ways to make their favorite game better.

ALSO, in the offroad "culture", really the main point. is to build your truck up, climb things, and brag about stuff you've climbed. IMO an Off-Road game must have some type of freeroam, dumbed downed graphics or not.

I would seriously still be playing this game, if i could hop on a MP server, get in my truck and jam around the mountains with people. As it is, I installed it, played a week (maybe) and uninstalled.

Well said. I completely agree.

xro
11-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Being a small company there would only be a few programers working on it so development is slow and 1C might only be giving support to games that have alot of interest shown in them. Unfortunatly the demographics for this game is 4x4 and off-road enthusiasts. Of couse that would change if editing tools were to be released so we are stuck like a truck in the mud :P
As for editing the game ourselves goes I don't know much about udk and its anti-piracy software like securom and such, but if udk is anything like sdk you could open and customize the demo in the udk editor if the demo has no security lock.