PDA

View Full Version : A question to 1C

Devean
02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I found a Thailand/German shop on ebay with much positive feedback offering Fantasy Wars and accepting Moneybookers for payment. They say the game is in English, but with Thai booklet.
Will this (http://cgi.ebay.pl/Fantasy-Wars-PC-DVD-Neu-OVP_W0QQitemZ170178895776QQihZ007QQcategoryZ8182QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) version be compatible with the European or US editor? And when the expansion is out - which version of the expansion will I have to buy in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance :)

Evgeny
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I guess, that this versiion will be compatible with US version.

Anatoly
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
It is better to check the box where it was produced if you have an opportunity like this.
Anyway the map editor is not big in size, so you can try both versions.

Maluzu
02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
The enlgish version of the map editor does not even work... it can not detect the game and you cant tell it where to look. Correct me of someone has gotten it to work...

Devean
02-14-2008, 02:42 PM
It is better to check the box where it was produced if you have an opportunity like this.

It should be either Nobilis or Atari, right?

Anyway the map editor is not big in size, so you can try both versions.

And what about the future extension? Will either version work or do I have to purchase a version from the same "local" publisher?

Thank both of you for your help.

wizaerd
02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
The enlgish version of the map editor does not even work... it can not detect the game and you cant tell it where to look. Correct me of someone has gotten it to work...

Worked for me, and I didn't even have to resort to any hocus pocus or voodoo... Just installed, and off I was running the map editor with no problems whatsoever...

Maluzu
02-16-2008, 05:11 AM
That is odd, what directory is your FW game installed?
I am not the only person that had posted with the same problems that i encountered.

rakeltner
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey Maluzu, have you tried both versions of the map editor? I purchased the English version from GamersGate and used the Nobilis version of the map editor. I first tried the Atari version and it told me exactly the same thing you are experiencing.