PDA

View Full Version : Meeting place for online games

Magog
02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
NEW INFO!!!

We finally made it! Me and asadex played an online game over internet!! :grin: (and I lost :( )

We used an application named Hamachi, which can be downloaded from here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp
Once installed, you need to connect to the network Fantasy Wars. For that you need a password, which you get by sending a PM to me or asadex.

Once Hamachi is up and running you will see your Hamachi IP in big white numbers. If you host a game, this is the IP the others will have to connect to. You can also chat to other players in the group if you right click their name.

(Xfire is history.) :cool:

asadexes
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
And that's the Guild site http://www.xfire.com/clans/fantasywars/

Magog
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately we seem to be unable to connect to eachother. Might be a problem with one of our connections though (routers, firewalls etc). If anyone has actually managed to play this game online, let us know. :)

asadexes
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
lol

Maluzu
02-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I have played it over LAN, not with a direct IP.
The only issue would be a blocked port on the hosts router.

Basically, the hosts router would need port forwarding setup for whatever port this game uses.

Maluzu
02-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Email me at maluzu@gmail.com to setup a time this weekend, I am more than willing to host the game and get the details worked out. I want FW to get as much multiplayer love as possible.

... I will continue to work on the map editor, my goal is to have a multiplayer map pack available ASAP. That alone will help get more folks interested, we need variety :)

I will also check into the multiplayer lobby thing... I just happen to know a very good programer, we will see if he has any interest in helping.

nitedmn
02-14-2008, 05:06 AM
I will also check into the multiplayer lobby thing... I just happen to know a very good programer, we will see if he has any interest in helping.

yah.. Ok.. I'm not that good. Once I get the game installed I'll see what I can do.

Devean
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM
It's great to see the community's active! I'll join as soon as the game's published in Poland (at least a month, I believe :( ) or I manage to get it from somewhere else.

Maluzu
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
He is modest :)

I got a response from 1C, the person that responded said to his knowledge the game developer is not working on a multiplayer lobby. So, any effort to do so is not wasted time.

asadexes
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
So, come and join the Fantasy Wars Guild oin XFire!!!

Ogre
02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I will see what xfire is about this weekend.

bigmit37
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
My xfire name is bigmit37.

Send me an invite?

Though I am taking my time with single player campaigns, and most likely won't get into multiplayer till I am done with single player.

asadexes
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
ok

Graiskye
02-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Well I just stumbled upon this site, thought there was going to be no support for FW, but thankfully there is a small community.
Will try to get on X Fire as well this weekend. For now Im just getting to know the game, and I am liking it a lot.
Anyhow just wanted to say hello, hopefully get to know some of you better in the near future.
Take care all,
-Grais.

asadexes
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
I made an Hamachi Lan called Fantasy Wars that is the perfect way to make Lan games over internet, doewnload hamachi, is freeware , and join the lan lobby.
It will be the official FW lobby ( if 1C doesn't make one for his customers ):mad:
To have the password to enter in the FW lobby ask to me or to Magog with a private message

Magog
02-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Bump! The first post has been changed with new and exciting info. ;)

Maluzu
02-16-2008, 05:55 AM
It's great to see the community's active! I'll join as soon as the game's published in Poland (at least a month, I believe ) or I manage to get it from somewhere else.

bigmit37
02-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Great to see a match taking place. How long did it take?
Haven't looked into multiplayer at all. Can you set the amount of turns and units?

I just finished the Human Campaign...boy it was tough.

Maluzu
02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
You can set time limits on turns, for example 10min or 20min.
Or you can leave it with no time limit if you would prefer.

Basically everything you can do in single player maps, you can do in Multiplayer maps... quests, artifact discoveries, turn limits.. etc.

Magog
02-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Great to see a match taking place. How long did it take?

About an hour I think.

asadexes
02-16-2008, 07:02 PM
there is also the chance to save the game and continue the multiplay later:grin: