PDA

View Full Version : How to set up a circular waypoint network

djhz2001
10-15-2011, 04:18 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to make a set of waypoints that connect one after another in a circular manner in order to set up some guards that always transit the same route over and over again; however, I do not know how to do it, and when I click on the waypoint and try to change its transition, the GEM won't let me. I would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you much for your help and time in advance.

James6584
10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Just place a bunch of waypoints over the route you want the patrol to go, then click the first one where you want them to start, then shift click on the next one in the circle and press "link". Continue linking them until you get to the final one, you need to shift + click the last one and then shift + click your first waypoint, this will make the patrol continuous. You may also wish to lower the radius value of each waypoint otherwise the units may spread out greatly.

Hope this helps, if you want an actual circular patrol area, I don't know how to do this other than by placing the waypoints carefully.

James6584
10-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh also when you have finished shift clicking, all you need to do for a trigger is choose the very first waypoint in your series, say 1, and then the patrol will simply follow the whole route by themselves.