PDA

View Full Version : Air Conflicts Secret Wars

flynlion
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Rented this one today, played it for about 15 minutes before I got totally disgusted and returned it LoL. Seems odd that a handful of independants can produce a decent flight game for less than 3 US bucks (Flight Adventure 2) while the larger studios continue to turn out crap like this :oops: If you simply must try Air Conflicts Secret Wars, do yourself a favor and rent before you buy.

markyboyacebassist
10-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Unfortunatley I purchased this game, total waste of money if your over 10 years old! :(

flynlion
10-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Unfortunatley I purchased this game, total waste of money if your over 10 years old! :(

If I had a 6 year old son I wouldn't let him play this piece o' crap, any kid of mine should have better taste :-P Sorry you wasted your money Bro' :( Maybe you can get something back if you trade it quick enough ?

Shadowcorp
10-16-2011, 12:29 AM
i must agree i rented it through lovefilm and sent it back the same day, it crashed 4 times the maximum flight ceiling was 4000 graphics were shoddy, i think BoP has made me increase my standards.

BONEYSLR1
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree with the comments related to campaign its cartoonish and related to a female pilot. The auto MG aim is unique but not a fan of it. There were 24 maps in TB though 8 in all others which is alot and there is also Coop, I have it and even though the campaign was narrated whole game. Planes were duplicated well the Stuka, BF109 was very well done. Some mission with WW1 and WW2 BI planes, No American planes in this one and its a none stick game on the consoles which was a negative. The Graphics are quite good though and with being able to see moving soldiers on the ground was awesome. For 39 though the coop and online play are on equal terms with IL-2 BOP on realistic makes it a fair play game based on who shoots first, and there is a Sim mode too, but no custom settings to the aircraft, but you can go behind the plane with the view. No good landing or takeoff in the game manually that I saw it was all scripted a letdown . Great game for teaching young kids the ropes though.

flynlion
10-17-2011, 06:47 PM
For 39 though the coop and online play are on equal terms with IL-2 BOP on realistic makes it a fair play game based on who shoots first, and there is a Sim mode too, but no custom settings to the aircraft, but you can go behind the plane with the view.

No offense but if this is your idea of a "sim mode", then I feel sorry for you.

BONEYSLR1
10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Its not true Sim because no flight stick support but it was better than arcade setting, I played on console not PC. Only games on PC I play are DCS, FF5 and the likes of 3D Graphic games. I've builta Sim Pit On custom built PC.

flynlion
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Its not true Sim because no flight stick support but it was better than arcade setting, I played on console not PC. Only games on PC I play are DCS, FF5 and the likes of 3D Graphic games. I've builta Sim Pit On custom built PC.

It's not true sim because you can roll onto a knife edge or fully inverted and go get a beer, and when you get back your plane will still be cruising along, maintaining it's heading and altitude like you were straight and level. This game has zero flight physics and it's false advertizing to claim its any sort of "sim".

BONEYSLR1
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I have..Upstairs frige wireless controller. HA HA.. and its a game that has great maps and planes and no perks which makes for fair play. But like I said thats were it ends the rest of it is missing alot. And I did finish the Campaign. I played BOP till I got tired of guys adjusting the settings to Limited ammo, limited gas, dark setting, rain settings.
My eyes getting older and worse every day lookin for a dot that appears than disappears it wasn't a Great HD game but it was OK. I did like it for awhile and still have it and every so often I'll pull it out to check it out, I wasn't great. I wasn't good. But I played it from day 1 for over a yr 1/2. I will be on BOSteel you count on it.