PDA

View Full Version : 109s no loss of energy

GF_Mastiff
10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
i have noticed 109s do not lose energy even when in hard turn over 100 feet can instant climb to 6,000 feet with no loss.

What is going on with the FM on these planes.

I call BS on this FM E4

CWMV
10-13-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm calling BS on your post. Even from a 3k dive, extending through 600kph, I can't climb over 1.5k (far less than your 6000ft) before reaching stalling speed.

E-4 is no different than the E-3 or E-1 in terms of FM.

+1

trumps
10-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Could have been a great troll, but just lacked that little something special, can't put my finger on what it is though!

Craig

GF_Mastiff
10-13-2011, 01:47 AM
nope should I be more clear the Beta patch2 and there landing gear is always down too. SO FM is not working correctly and you guys are full of it cause you dont want the correct setting to lose against a spit Ia.

CWMV
10-13-2011, 02:48 AM
nope should I be more clear the Beta patch2 and there landing gear is always down too. SO FM is not working correctly and you guys are full of it cause you dont want the correct setting to lose against a spit Ia.

Dude-You do realize that we see your gear down too, right?
Lol!
:confused:

VO101_Tom
10-13-2011, 03:03 AM

Hi. The landing gear is a well-known visual bug. Disturbing because only you see and you fly different way. But it is retracted. It happened several times already, i saw on 109 and Hurricane too.
The FM miracles... track or video...:rolleyes:?

CaptainDoggles
10-13-2011, 04:40 AM

Hahaha is this guy actually trying to say that 109s are overmodeled? That'd be a first for this series. What a novel idea! A 109 that performs historically!

ZaltysZ
10-13-2011, 05:59 AM

Either you need BF109 with fixed pitch prop or Spit I with CSP, if you want BF to be not so good against Spit I. :) BF isn't overmodeled, just Spit I wastes lots of energy because of prop.

David198502
10-13-2011, 06:34 AM
funny post of the OP.
i had a guy atag who was really upset because he got killed by a 109 and was calling us "blues" puss... because of flying with these overmodeled noob planes.that was funny as well....maybe its the same guy?

MoGas
10-13-2011, 07:07 AM
i have noticed 109s do not lose energy even when in hard turn over 100 feet can instant climb to 6,000 feet with no loss.

What is going on with the FM on these planes.

I call BS on this FM E4

A classic Mastiff BS, I know him over years and this is just how Mastiff is acting.

Before he is asking hiself what he is doing rong or whatever, he gets a rant on a game, it dosent matter if it is LOMAC FC2, Blackshark......!

You shoot him down and he starts to call you......clitcher, printscreener, vulcher even, when he is away from the base....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a hint for you Mastiff, yesterday you are been coming down on us with youre spity, at 4000-5000m, instead, of keeping the ALT you started to dive after couple turns, I mean, you had the upperhand on the begin. But you got scared you took the exit, lack of skill, and lack of understanding the planes what you fly or fight against, is youre enemy, not the SIM at all.....

You know the 104th/ATAG TS adress, I have no issue to tell you some importent facts about flying in CloD, but stopp the rant BS in the game via chat, or forum nonsense topics!

;)

CaptainDoggles
10-13-2011, 07:34 AM
I dunno why they don't just ban trolls permanently.

Tiger27
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Could have been a great troll, but just lacked that little something special, can't put my finger on what it is though!

Craig

Trumps, I think that little something special is called a semblance of truth, I mean if you are going to troll at least have the self respect to make it sound believable, the ops opening troll "i have noticed 109s do not lose energy even when in hard turn over 100 feet can instant climb to 6,000 feet with no loss." just lacks effort.

Lift your game Mastiff, if we are all willing to waste our time reading your troll at least make it worth our while, hoping for better in the future :roll:

TomcatViP
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM
For sure any brain activity is also a loss of energy !

SEE
10-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I know most of you guys as we all regularly go on the servers and consider you friends. But, these threads make me feel very uncomfortable because I wonder if the 'lack of pilot ability' criticsm will put some members (reading these threads) off from trying MP?

On line play should be fun for all irrespective of skill level. I don't agree with the OP opening thread but that is probably the perception of some players (may be new to trying MP for the first time?) and coming across some very excellent pilots as their adversary in their first encounters.

It must be very frustrating for them but to anyone feeling a bit cautious or apprehensive about MP - team up with other players rather than fly solo (read Mogas's advice in his reply) and don't feel upset if you feel like target fodder. Re-spawn and have another crack....enjoy and learn - everyone started as a Rookie'.......:grin:!

CWMV
10-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Best advice yet. I simply will not fly online unless one of my swarm mates is on.

Ze-Jamz
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM

I love this Pic so much but today I think the post I have quoted just needs a bit of the 'chomp master'

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17713394/chomp.gif

ATAG_Snapper
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Dunno about the 109's being over modelled, but I can vouch that the darned 109 PILOTS on the ATAG server are over modelled. They're just plain NASTY!!!!! LOL

ATAG_Snapper
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I know most of you guys as we all regularly go on the servers and consider you friends. But, these threads make me feel very uncomfortable because I wonder if the 'lack of pilot ability' criticsm will put some members (reading these threads) off from trying MP?

On line play should be fun for all irrespective of skill level. I don't agree with the OP opening thread but that is probably the perception of some players (may be new to trying MP for the first time?) and coming across some very excellent pilots as their adversary in their first encounters.

It must be very frustrating for them but to anyone feeling a bit cautious or apprehensive about MP - team up with other players rather than fly solo (read Mogas's advice in his reply) and don't feel upset if you feel like target fodder. Re-spawn and have another crack....enjoy and learn - everyone started as a Rookie'.......:grin:!

+1

Well put!

CaptainDoggles
10-13-2011, 08:13 PM

Honestly I feel that most folks online are quite friendly. People who suck should never ever feel bad about coming online and getting shot down. Generally except for jerks like Mastiff nobody cares if you're good or if you're bad. It's more about the attitude.

We were all bad at one point, but not all of us went to the forums and whined about how the other side's planes were too good. Most of us said "wow I'm terrible, how do I improve?" and not "wow I got shot down, those guys are overmodeled".

Skoshi Tiger
10-14-2011, 12:23 AM
I dunno why they don't just ban trolls permanently.

Because there would be absolutely NOBODY on the forum if they did that! ;)

Cheers!

Skoshi Tiger
10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I semi-disagree with Doggles here. Even guys who on the forums are hostile to each other, have shown nothing but respect and a willingness to help when flying in the servers online. Heck, I've even had decent conversations with Tree and Furbs!! Online

Have had similar experiences. I guess it's because as a community we are very passionate about our hobby.

Cheers!

GF_Mastiff
10-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Honestly I feel that most folks online are quite friendly. People who suck should never ever feel bad about coming online and getting shot down. Generally except for jerks like Mastiff nobody cares if you're good or if you're bad. It's more about the attitude.

We were all bad at one point, but not all of us went to the forums and whined about how the other side's planes were too good. Most of us said "wow I'm terrible, how do I improve?" and not "wow I got shot down, those guys are overmodeled".

Inappropriate name calling. I never called any one any names yet 2 guys come on here and attack me for mentioning there could be something wrong with the game. You act as if the game is straight out of the box nothing wrong. Really was just on line this morning trying to find 2 109s, they and myself was chatting are locations and all we could see was flack burst and only friendly aircraft. There is something seriously wrong with the resolution settings and I bet that if you start testing different settings you to will find out the problems.
I still think the resolution settings are messing with performance aircraft code period, it sure is messing withe objects codeing. I was able to catch a 109 and keep up with him in resolution setting of 1600x1200, but when I'm in 1920x1600 everything is reversed 109s are warping and magically instant climbing 2 to 4,000. Feet.

GF_Mastiff
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
and Mogas I didn't make this personal. I still keep trying and don't say anything about personal attacks against a sim pilot. I was talking about the game but you guys come in here and make nasty remarks about me for even suggesting something is wrong with the aircraft in the game. Not once did I disrespect any one on here.

But you come in here and disrespect me and call me names for suggesting the 109 are uber.

CWMV
10-14-2011, 01:47 PM
you come in here and disrespect me and call me names for suggesting the 109 are uber.

Well what do you expect for making such an obviously false claim? The under modeled nature of nearly all aircraft excluding the spit IIa has been well documented at great length here, just open your eyes.

KG26_Alpha
10-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Keep the thread clear of insults and personal attacks fellas please.

Or it will close

I only left it open in the hope of someone actually posting a "chart" to disprove the OP.

There's never a chart monkey when you want one............

:grin:

Korn
10-14-2011, 01:57 PM
So planes are ok @1600 but warping @1920 therefore the game is bad? Dude, your video card is not fast enough for higher res and you are getting stutters.

GF_Mastiff
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
So planes are ok @1600 but warping @1920 therefore the game is bad? Dude, your video card is not fast enough for higher res and you are getting stutters.

yes I'm getting 3 to 4 second pauses but I was told that's normal for this beta?
No?

ZaltysZ
10-14-2011, 02:51 PM
yes I'm getting 3 to 4 second pauses but I was told that's normal for this beta?
No?

I hope you understand that while you have 4s pause, other guy can have no such pause? Everything is still moving around you, even if your screen is frozen. Once pause ends, your game instantly updates what you see to most recent state. Due to interpolation, some objects may jump, because their movement of last 4s needs to be shown in a brief moment.

VO101_Tom
10-14-2011, 03:25 PM
No?

Geez... You really started a "109 uber" topic, because YOUR pc stopped for 5 seconds and then a 109 jumped high? :shock:

CaptainDoggles
10-14-2011, 05:06 PM
No?

I get no such pauses.

The "resolution code" is not interfering with the "aircraft code" at all :rolleyes:

It's simply you are trying to run the game at settings beyond what your hardware can handle, and as such you are experiencing slowdowns. Decrease your settings until the problems go away.

CWMV
10-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't get stutters anywhere, just consistent CTD's.
And to the mod that posted earlier I am a chart whore, but I'm not going to post them here when there are plentiful charts on aircraft performance and undermodeling elsewhere on the forums.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
I dunno but is it possible to turn off custom skin and enforce default skins? This could perhaps limit some spawn freezes.

CWMV
10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
I hope not, the default skins are terrible.

VO101_Tom
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I dunno but is it possible to turn off custom skin and enforce default skins? This could perhaps limit some spawn freezes.

Hi. The custom skin does not appear immediately, only 10-15 minutes to download. If it already down, it will not matter which jpg to load? If you choose a default skins that others do not, you should also lagging.
IMHO If this is really a problem, it is only when you fly close to an airplane, and the program load the entire skin. But this happens? I have no problems like that ...

TomcatViP
10-15-2011, 11:25 AM
It has happend to me two time now that I am completly stuck in the air when someone (109) jumped on me with ctrl regain only when my plane is put in to pces.

Same thing use to happens with old I2 ... and it was not a lag problem :evil:

Generally speaking I think that CoD code shld be robust against old Il2 cheating tricks.

I know that the general use of Hyperlobby complicate the task but something has to be done.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I dunno what cheating tricks you are talking about ...

whoarmongar
10-15-2011, 09:13 PM
using a custom skin online as a lag switch you mean ?

Or are the empty customskins in my cache invisible aircraft ?

Or am I just paranoid ?

Why would you want a custom skin on a fullreal server anyway ?

You cant see your own aircraft.

CWMV
10-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Sure you can.
Look left, look right, and there you are!
Whats more, is that the stock skins are not very good, and you can get a much more accurate skin making one yourself.

VO101_Tom
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Why would you want a custom skin on a fullreal server anyway ?
You cant see your own aircraft.

Hi. It is really important on a fullreal server, because of the teamwork! I need to know who my team mate, even if he flying a little farther. RAF or LW only, is often not enough... If he needs help, or if you seek each other is very helpful to know who is who. The RHAF used tail-paint (used during ww2) is recognizable from a huge distance, especially if you are looking for this. Very useful, saving my life today, immediately spotted the stranger among us. :twisted:

Bucic
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Geeez, Mastiff certainly didn't deserve that beating. Maybe he has some rants in his portfolio, I don't know, but this very topic gives no basis for such bashing.

Does his original post have no factual grounds? Has the subject been throughly discussed? Then link to the old topic and be done with it.

KeBrAnTo
11-14-2011, 06:45 AM

Lol, get back to 1946 for the 109 FM you like for your uber spits. :rolleyes:

reflected
11-14-2011, 07:01 AM
I haven't read through this thread, I'd only like to react to the original post. Just yesterday a 109 jockey was whining in another thread about how Spitfires don't lose their energy and the FMs should be immediately corrected, and now here's a RAF jockey whining how the 109 never loses E.

This is so funny. While I agree that the current FMs need a lot of revision and far from being correct, these threads are nothing more than entertainment - such a typical thing in flight sims: you got shot down by a better pilot? Blame the FMs! :D
(I do it sometimes too :D )