PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Men of War: Vietnam fans!

Nike-it
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Now we can officially announce, that the Editor for Men of War: Vietnam will be released in a couple of weeks with the upcoming patch! Ability to use MODs will also be included into this update.
The exact release date of the patch will be announced soon.
Stay tuned!

Fred DM
10-12-2011, 10:08 AM
this'll make a lot of folks very happy. thank you for making it happen, 1C. :)

Men Of Peace
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Good move 1C http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon14.gif .

James6584
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Best news in a while. Thanks guys, much appreciated. Can't wait to make some custom Vietnam battles :D

Force10
10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Awesome job 1C!! You have restored my faith that you are listening to the community!

James6584
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Just a quick thing, is the "a couple of weeks" thing as in, its coming soon, or is it there is an actual update scheduled that I don't know about?

kane1
10-12-2011, 11:11 PM
That's great news! :grin:

Nike-it
10-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Just a quick thing, is the "a couple of weeks" thing as in, its coming soon, or is it there is an actual update scheduled that I don't know about?

The final date is not set yet, as there are several things to do for patch. We will announce the date ASAP.

Force10
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the update Nike!

James6584
10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Cool thanks :) Nike and 1C

Man o' war
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
A very HUGE thank you to 1C and Nike-it!! Great job!

Gypsy39
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Well done 1C, congrats! This is going to be epic.

nca_92
10-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Good. Thank you.
P.D: Are you going to add more maps to the multiplayer? Just asking. Would be interesting.

spray_n_pray
10-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Thank you!

benson
10-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Great news. I'm off to buy the game first thing in the morning!!:grin:

MACV HQ
10-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Great news. I'm off to buy the game first thing in the morning!!:grin:
Dose anyone know if there, will be any city maps developed, such as parts of siegon, or Hue city, and will anyone be developing new skins or units for USMC, or US. Army Military Police units that fought in the citys of Vietnam during the war?

Nitote
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Oh thank god, i was so demoralized by how crappy the campaigns where, and to be spending top dollar for something as short as MOW:V without the ability to get mods was scary, well thanks 1C, good to see this happen!

wolker
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
what is known about editor???

Nike-it
10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
what is known about editor???

What you want to know about it? It's the well-known GEM editor like in all other Men of War games.

Mustikos
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Sad, years ago, one would buy a game and it came bug-free, for the most part. At least, it seems a lot more testing was done. As well, top-shelf games, priced $50 on average, came with CDs, cases, Manuals, all which cost money to print / produce. These days, I've noticed games are up to $60; at least console games come with manuals and boxes. Pc downloads, same price, with no marketing materials. So companies have a bigger profit margin, but what is really sad, it seems most companies are getting their money and not giving a crap about the customer, whom without, they'd have no business.

I've just a bit upset, having anticipated MOW: Vietnam for a while, I was psyched to see it available and purchased it. Unfortunately, that was a couple of months ago and now I still cannot play the game. I understand you guys are working on the game, but are we, devoted fans, going to be comphensated for investing our money into a product which came off the production line defective? I mean, if we bought eggs from your store and most of them were broken and cracked, we'd be back at the store, getting a refund.

I dunno, here I am spending my time, yet again, trying to express my thoughts because I spent my hard earned money on a your product which is dysfunctional. I'm looking forward to actually being able to enjoy it as it expected, however, it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck with your patch, hope to see it soon. I also hope you guys get things straightened out for any future release of any game. Restructuring the company? Cutting back on salaries and putting the money towards a new hire, quality control or something, a regulator maybe..

Force10
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Are you saying you cant play the game at all? Most of us are playing the new missions that you can find a few threads down and are having fun. This game has been functional since release so I have no idea what you are talking about.

SpeedWolf
10-20-2011, 05:33 PM
To: Mustikos

What are you on about?

the game is working fine for me. and also you have not even said what is your problem with the game beside not being able to play it but still have not said what the problem is. if you have not played it then how the game is "dysfunctional"?

wolker
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
What you want to know about it? It's the well-known GEM editor like in all other Men of War games.

i mean what is known about editor release?
maybe you can say it release date?

Fred DM
10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
i mean what is known about editor release?
maybe you can say it release date?

The final date is not set yet, as there are several things to do for patch. We will announce the date ASAP.

maybe you can read the thread first?

Sad, years ago, one would buy a game and it came bug-free.
*lol* no.

I've just a bit upset, having anticipated MOW: Vietnam for a while, I was psyched to see it available and purchased it. Unfortunately, that was a couple of months ago and now I still cannot play the game.

hundreds of people have been playing since release, so i'm gonna hazard a guess and say the problem is on your end...

Mustikos
10-20-2011, 10:05 PM
You kids just get out of school? logged in a few ago and had no replies..

Well, I just went in, multiplayer is dead / again / still. When people were on, games don't get listed, problems connecting, etc. Perhaps I should have stated "multiplayer".

Anyway, I'm certain the company appreciates you defending them. The end result is, I'm unable to play the game as it was advertised. I'm not swearing, calling people names, putting people down, etc. Not looking for attention, a little retribution perhaps, ultimately, a patch and game playability.

SpeedWolf
10-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, I just went in, multiplayer is dead / again / still. When people were on, games don't get listed, problems connecting, etc. Perhaps I should have stated "multiplayer".

Well you only have yourself to blame by not stating your problem in the first place and yes i agree with the multiplayer part is just a tag on.

but they should fix the lobby issues and other things beside the lobby part in multiplayer , hopefully it will be a update patch and not a DLC that fix the problem.

You kids just get out of school? logged in a few ago and had no replies..

Not all of us are a child or a teenager here, is just your fault for not pointing out your issues with your first comment. it's like disliking a car for being a car but not pointing out what you dislike about the car.

Gypsy39
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I believe this thread is about the upcoming editor release...

MACV HQ
10-28-2011, 01:44 AM
I believe this thread is about the upcoming editor release...
About the upcoming editor release, anyone know if re-skins can be created for USMC units? will it be that user friendly for everyone?.

spray_n_pray
10-28-2011, 03:11 AM
About the upcoming editor release, anyone know if re-skins can be created for USMC units? will it be that user friendly for everyone?.

I think that you would just have to copy an existing unit, give it a new name in a config file, and then edit the textures.

Then, wrap all this into a mod. Here is an example of a mod that adds units to the game http://www.moddb.com/mods/men-of-war-units-addon/downloads/men-of-war-units-addon1 Here is an explanation of how mods work http://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/mod

Also, the unit textures are stored as .dds file, so you will need an image editor like GIMP with a DDS plugin.

djsatane
10-28-2011, 06:05 AM
There was 120 MB patch steam downloaded just now, was that it?

Sneaksie
10-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Yes!

TakAhLah
10-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Steam just updated MOW-V and I went to see if there was an editor released...and there was!!! Its like christmas come early :)

I would like to thank you C1 for listening to your user/gamers/fans etc and releasing an editor. (I know I complained about there not being one)

You have just brought MOW-V off the shelf for myself and many others.

Now if you never hear from me again its coz I'm lost in the jungle...

Man o' war
10-29-2011, 02:23 PM
It's just like TakAhLah said: Crhistmas come early :)

Thanks a lot 1C, I've already started makin my wars :grin:

wolker
10-29-2011, 08:56 PM
yes this is update 2 there is added editor