PDA

View Full Version : game lag [SOLVED]

AHSsj410
10-12-2011, 03:04 AM
hi guys i need a little help here.

i little bit confused, in the first 5 minute it work smoothly, after that it start lagging so badly. it become unplayable, please help me, i want to play this game so bad.:(

My system:

Intel i3
nvidia 9800 gt
2 gb ram
Win 7 32 bit

It work for a whole day when i finished installing for the first time, then the day after that it start lagging.
Is this a software problem or a hardware problem?

Sneaksie
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
If it starts to lag after 5 minutes, it can be caused by CPU or GPU overheating and throttling down. You can install the MSI Afterburner tool, run it, the run the game and play it. As soon as the game starts to lag, Alt+Tab to desktop and look at MSI Afterburner graphs, check the GPU temperature and clock speed. If it does throttle down, you'll see that clock speed has been lowered.

AHSsj410
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
thanks i'll try to download MSI, But if it does overheat what should i do?

i can run Dirt3 in ultra high setting without overheat.

Sneaksie
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
If it does, make sure the video card fan is really spinning and can be throttled up and down automatically (in MSI Afterburner you'll also see the fan speed graph). What can be done depends on the severity of a problem, from cleaning dust from the PC case using a vacuum cleaner to adding additional fan or upgrading.

AHSsj410
10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Is it okay to max the video card fan speed?
i do life in tropical country so it's a lil' bit hot when summer, is that affected the PC performace?

i will try to clean my PC tomorrow.
thank you very much for the help, i let you know if it works.:)

AHSsj410
10-13-2011, 12:56 PM
i did clean up my PC and everything goes back like it was before.
(SOLVED)

Thank you very much:grin:

Sneaksie
10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm glad you don't have problems anymore.