PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the green shields---HDR greyed out

basilio
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Hello!
I'm a veteran of the SHOWW2 and Men of War series.
Have two questions:
---------
1) Actually I find the Vietnam quite nice, having much fun with it! What I can't stand are the small green "shield" icons above the soldiers under your command.
I understand that with so much vegetation, they helps a little, but in my opinion they are ugly.
Some of you will probably remember the excellent mod Dynamic Campaign Generator for MOW.
Included in the mod there was a small sub-mod, called "greenshieldfix", which just replaced the green shield icon with a transparent one.
The correct postion of the file was: C: .......\resource\interface\scene\squad\squad_icon.
I have a copy of this modded file "squad_icon", but I can't find the correct position in MOW Vietnam.
In the "interface" folder there is no "scene" sub-folder.
Any ideas?
---------
2) Probably asked before, I did search the forum but was not able to find anything.
I have an option about HDR.
It is greyed out.
Is there a way to anble it?
Many thanks and apologize for my english!

Men Of Peace
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
The correct postion of the file was: C: .......\resource\interface\scene\squad\squad_icon.
I have a copy of this modded file "squad_icon", but I can't find the correct position in MOW Vietnam.
In the "interface" folder there is no "scene" sub-folder.
Any ideas?

It's still there , you can find that folder inside the game.pak file .

basilio
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
It's still there , you can find that folder inside the game.pak file .
WOW, it worked!!!!!!
I opened the game.pak file with winrar and replaced the squad_icon file.
Now no more that ugly shield.
Many thanks for the help.
Now planning to finish the game and then test your excellent mod with new missions. ;)
Any idea about how to enable the HDR option?

Force10
10-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Not 100% sure basilio, but I think I got it to show up by turning off antialiasing or something in the game menu. There is an option in the game settings when enabled, greys out the HDR setting. Play with the AA/AF settings and see. I am at work right now so I can't help more.