PDA

View Full Version : No quest reward?

Galirand
02-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Ok, so I've played through most of the human campaign but I've noticed 2 maps where there's no apparent quest reward to certain quests.

I'm talking about the quest to kill a hexer both in "Plains of Leranse" and "Wings of Verson"

At least in "Wings of Verson" the game tells you that Father Dexter takes care of the king's crown. He happened to have a full inventory at the time but it didn't show up in the recruit/upgrade phase before the next map.

So are you supposed to get a reward from those quests other than stopping the hexers from casting spells on you, or are the quests part of a quest chain or something?

Magog
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I had a quick look in the editor.

Killing the hexer in "Plains of Lerance" will give you the "Horn of Horror" artifact. (No idea what happens if all item slots are full on the killing unit though...)

Killing the hexer in "Wings of Verson" gives the killing unit 100 experience and the perk Cause fear.

Galirand
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I see, thanks for answering. I think I actually got that horn in Plains of Leranse the first time I killed the hexer, but then I reloaded the game so I could reach the gold victory and after that I couldn't get the item no matter how many times I reloaded or killed him with different units.

The quest in Wings of Verson I'm not very sure about, I "may" have killed him with a level 5 unit and "maybe" he already had the fear perk. I'm certain I never got the horn in Plains of Leranse though.

Doesn't really matter now as I've completed the human campaign already but it was bugging me at the time ;).

bigmit37
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
I seem to be having this problem as well with a quest in the Orc Campaign.
I got an artifact, but then after the battle, the artifact disappeared.

I went back and did the quest for the artifact, but I couldn't get the item anymore.

The name of the map is Land of Knights.

robpost3
03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I had a quick look in the editor.

Killing the hexer in "Plains of Lerance" will give you the "Horn of Horror" artifact. (No idea what happens if all item slots are full on the killing unit though...)

Killing the hexer in "Wings of Verson" gives the killing unit 100 experience and the perk Cause fear.

did'nt realize the perk was added too...thanks!