PDA

View Full Version : Modding!

CLswe
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
I dont know shit about modding, but! People who can mod other games can they mod this game? Or how does it all work?
What do you need to mod this game?

SuzukiSamurai
10-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I dont know shit about modding, but! People who can mod other games can they mod this game? Or how does it all work?
What do you need to mod this game?

Someone already made a translation mod from russian to english for the demo, 1C was probably too lazy to support there English fans. :neutral: I'm sure someone could make free roam or something like that for us. But that's just pathetic, 1C says the game engine can't take it or something. We should give money to the first guy who makes us a free roam track.

ShawnK116
10-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Someone already made a translation mod from russian to english for the demo, 1C was probably too lazy to support there English fans. :neutral: I'm sure someone could make free roam or something like that for us. But that's just pathetic, 1C says the game engine can't take it or something. We should give money to the first guy who makes us a free roam track.

to whom who cant figure out LMMFAO then whatever...to any retard who cant figure out games already exist using this game engine with A LOT BIGGER and MORE detailed "maps" then get a new job if your a programer..
this engine itself can do so much more and your excuses count for nothing...

CLswe
10-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Letts make like a donation sign up and who ever make free roam working first gets payd? I can easely pay 30€...

SuzukiSamurai
10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Letts make like a donation sign up and who ever make free roam working first gets payd? I can easely pay 30€...

Not that much, € 5 sounds more fair lol. :-P

CLswe
10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Not that much, € 5 sounds more fair lol. :-P

Yeah, i guess we will be a few paying... But i can pay more for the free roam then this ******* game... This game right now is no fun, just a racing game.
I want a fun and relaxing game...

SuzukiSamurai
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Somebody who ever tried to mod or did something like this? o.O

jiveturkey
10-09-2011, 01:02 AM
we just need a good map editor where u can make a huge @$$ map and do whatever the F*uck you want.

ofspecialk
10-09-2011, 10:38 PM
i will more than gladly chip in a little. Im a broke college student but i can spare a little.

SuzukiSamurai
10-09-2011, 10:53 PM
we just need a good map editor where u can make a huge @$$ map and do whatever the F*uck you want.

Yeah, I want a huge ass Malaysia map with lots of muddy slopes and technical crap to play all ******* day!

i will more than gladly chip in a little. Im a broke college student but i can spare a little.

Same here but i can miss $ 5. ;)

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Hey guys,
If their claims are the game couldnt handle free roam, that is BS.
This game is on the Unreal3 engine. I have modded some games, granted, I have never done anything in the u3 engine, but I think it is possible.

What our main goals should be is just being able to generate a simple small map, and see if we can get it running.

I have been able to extract the .umap files found in \Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\CookedPC\Maps

Any one out there with modding skills lets do this, between all of us I think we can get this going.

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey guys,
If their claims are the game couldnt handle free roam, that is BS.
This game is on the Unreal3 engine. I have modded some games, granted, I have never done anything in the u3 engine, but I think it is possible.

What our main goals should be is just being able to generate a simple small map, and see if we can get it running.

I have been able to extract the .umap files found in \Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\CookedPC\Maps

Any one out there with modding skills lets do this, between all of us I think we can get this going.

Maybe you should try to mod a thailand map, they are pretty small and easy to mod I guess. :)

chansuke
10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Im downloading the mods tools. Lets see what we can do...

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Wooow, ok, cool some people that have experience in modding are willing to try some modding. But i'm gonna shit bricks if 1C is going to tell us in about a month that they are working on free roam or something like that. :lol:

mja05
10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Shouldnt you be able to mod this and just somehow disable the timer that respawns you after driving off the track? That way you can drive where ever the heck you want. Apologies if that sounds stupid, wouldnt have a clue when it comes to modding stuff. But if someone could sort this out, they would be my hero!

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes I have started in on the Thailand maps. I have found a folder "Track_Point" in there is "S_Checkpoint". However checkpoints are really the main problem, it's the game not letting you drive in any other direction besides towards the next checkpoint. EX: if you turn around you get 3 seconds to get headed the right way or else it respawns you. I'll keep plugging away on this, as time permits. hopefully we can get something worked out soon. In the mean time I will just have to free roam on MotorMax (fun game).

XJAbuzer
10-10-2011, 07:18 AM

I have some experience with modding. Where do you get these tools?

XJAbuzer
10-10-2011, 07:19 AM
But i'm gonna shit bricks if 1C is going to tell us in about a month that they are working on free roam or something like that. :lol:

We have a better chance of crapping solid gold in the morning.

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 07:26 AM
We have a better chance of crapping solid gold in the morning.

Or getting hit by a meteor. :lol:

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I have some experience with modding. Where do you get these tools?

Download the UDK.

XJAbuzer
10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Download the UDK.

Thx...downloading now....but it is getting close to bedtime so I will look at it in depth tomorrow after work.

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 07:39 AM
For me also, I will tinker with it at work in my spare time. If we could find someone with some u3 skills I think this would really take off. Im learning all this u3 as I go so.....long and painful.....

Night all.

XJAbuzer
10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Im learning all this u3 as I go so.

Same here

I also want to figure out a way to remove that damn cuckoo bird.....

chansuke
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
The maps are in the umap format. All UE games are supposed to come with a built in editor, but it seems the config file needed to run the editor with ORD is...missing, of course.

ShawnK116
10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
the only timer i have yet to not be able to stop is the out of bounds for whatever reason no matter what i try and i have tried a few i cant stop it. i can drive backwards and stay flipped over and over all timer but man the out of bounds is killing me!
and by what i have seen by going full RPM hi gear to jump off the trail you really cant even get that far in most places..REALLY MOFO sucks BIG ones...

ShawnK116
10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Same here

I also want to figure out a way to remove that damn cuckoo bird.....

the RETARDED A$$ KOO KOO alarm bell/OLD A$$ clock sound..
yeah that crap is SUCH a cheap sound effect!!!
cause ya know when you off road in real life you would totally hear that crap...

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
So the editor is not included so we can't mod things? :/

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
The maps are in the umap format. All UE games are supposed to come with a built in editor, but it seems the config file needed to run the editor with ORD is...missing, of course.

Yeah I have read about these config files. Do you know what extension they use? I also read about creating your own config file.

Look in these folders, you may find something that we need

\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\Engine\Config
\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\Engine\EditorResources

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Also, check out this folder
\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\Config
Especially the DefaultEditor.ini, and DefaultEngine.ini
(noob speak coming) from what i've read, DefaultEngine.ini is exactly the type of config file we need for UDK.

Correct me if im wrong.

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I really hope you guys can mod a map or make one. :rolleyes:

evil_hero
10-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I really hope you guys can mod a map or make one. :rolleyes:

Not looking too good.....from where I'm at. Unreal engine is a SOB. which brings me to another question why in the HELL use UE3 for a driving game?

chansuke
10-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Not looking too good.....from where I'm at. Unreal engine is a SOB. which brings me to another question why in the HELL use UE3 for a driving game?

Cause UE3 is a buzzword and the dev tools are almost free.

Anywho, if that default config file is the one we are looking for, what do we rename it to and where do we put it?

I havent been able to find any good information about the configs.

evil_hero
10-11-2011, 05:19 AM
I have found that replacing some of the config .ini files from the game, into \UDK\UDK-2011-09\UDKGame\Config
I am able to get more textures to load. but not NEARLY anything at all.

on a side note, i did have some sort of break through just now.

If you change your short cut in the "Target" put "editor" at the end, you should get this error
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/offroaderror.jpg/
It is looking for "ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe.config"
I have yet to find that file......and i am truthfully beyond tired to keep looking. ALSO I have jacked up my game so much, that I may have ruined mine.
If a few of you all can try it and see what you get, let us all know. ALSO break out some google-foo and look around for that file if you all get the same error I'm getting.

I really have a feeling if we can get our hands on that file, we are close.

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll try to hand the game files over to my brother. He is an IT'er but he's not interested in racing games or anything like it. Only shooters like Modern Warfare, I hope he wants to have a look at it. I never modded anything so I won't be able to do anything at all so sorry for that guys.

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I asked my brother and he said dll-files weren't so cool to work with. He isn't interested in this type of game and that's why he wouldn't give it a chance too. If it were text-files it would be ok for him but in this case I have to dissapoint you. He said the developpers will have to release a tool. As example: In Medieval Total War you could mod things too, but building castles wasn't that easy because it was harcoded or something said my brother, so devs had to realease a tool to make it able to mid things.