PDA

View Full Version : Sirens

salmo
10-07-2011, 08:48 PM
i placed hand=operated sirens at airfields, but there is no sound from the siren when enemy planes fly overhead. Are sirens working in COD?

Ataros
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
The devs are working on a completely new sound engine now. Maybe sirens work one day but I am sure they are not their No.1 priority. I think even Stuka does not have a siren working yet. But the new sound is great, I am sure it is coming (BTW check out new ships sounds :))

salmo
10-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Hmmm! So I've paid my money for an uncompleted simulation, even though the released game was not advertised as a beta-WIP. And I should be grateful because the dev's "are working on" other game aspects, but not yet implimenting such basic & fundemental things as sounds for airfield sirens & stuka dive sirens.

Rediculous! The game was released over 6 months ago. , it shoulld have had working sirens from the start, it certailnly should have working sirens by now!

Trooper117
10-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes mate it should, but if you have been reading any forum about the game anywhere, you would know that it had problems before you bought it. As you have said, the game has been out for months so you must have known its current state.
That said, it's slowly getting there.. it's just a matter of hanging on and it will come right.

Ataros
10-08-2011, 01:17 AM
So I've paid my money for an uncompleted simulation, even though the released game was not advertised as a beta-WIP.

Yes, you did. This was your choice and your own decision which is only you responsible for. Absolutely.

If you can take responsibility for your actions as a grown up and need any info on FMB please stop crying like a girl. If you do not need any, please find another forum's section to whine. You will find many boys and girls there to indulge in feeling pity about yourselves together.

This forum's section is for constructive contribution, not for childish begging for sympathy and pity.

salmo
10-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I believe it is valid to challenge (not whine) the game developers for failing to impliment some fairly basic funtionality that could reasonably be expected by most users of a WW2 flight sim. Weapons have sounds, plane engines have sound, trucks & vehicles have sound, it seems rather odd that the air-raid sirens don't have sound :(

Maybe what's needed is a script, something like:

1. On missionload find all siren objects & record their x,y location & army (say in an array)
2. Ontickcount (say every 5 seconds)
3. Loop through the siren array: If siren is not destroyed & an enemy airborne plane is within Xm of the siren location, then play siren sound, else stop playing siren sound.