PDA

View Full Version : Hello Gents, what news of 4.11 release date? Really looking forward to it ;)

Mysticpuma
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Hello TD, just wondering if there is any news on a possible release date (even a Month if possible) for 4.11?

I understand it is under testing currently but I wonder if there is any news on a possible release? Currently I have no interest in CloD, that's my choice, but I do really enjoy 1946 and look forward to updates.

Cheers, MP

Tempest123
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
From what I gather in the update thread, 4.11 content has been finalized and maybe released for beta testing, there was a small update (hawk cockpits) indicating that they would be in 4.12, as 4.11 was nearing completion.

Pursuivant
10-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Two weeks, be sure! :D

Seriously, the last word from TD was back in early September. They said that 4.11 was in closed beta testing for debugging and that it would be at least a month before the patch was released. That gives the earliest possible release date of mid-October.

More realistically, given all the new content they're adding, I could see the release date slipping even further. Personally, I'm not expecting anything until around Christmas. If 4.11 is released before then, I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

_1SMV_Gitano
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Second round of beta tests started few days ago... :)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-08-2011, 08:46 PM
... without being the same bug-orgy like 4.10 beta and RC. :D

Fighterace
10-09-2011, 12:24 AM
When should be the likely realease of 4.11? and will there be a small video of the latest features?

bf-110
10-09-2011, 02:25 AM
I even forgot the patch...
Looks to have few info about it's progress,or am I wrong?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-27-2011, 06:27 PM
We know, that we should give a sign of life occationally... but its a lot of work. However, I guess, we will prepare another update. Ahhrrg... its so hard to choose, what to show and what to hide. :D

Just teasing. ;)

Fighterace
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Anything....Anything lol :P

Sita
10-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Ahhrrg... its so hard to choose, what to show and what to hide. :D

Just teasing. ;)

so many to show?)

aquila26
11-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Anche io non ho interesse per CoD ritengo IL2 1946 espandibile quasi all'infiniti grazie al magnifico lavoro di TD

ECV56_Guevara
11-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Come on Caspar! Show us a lil` bit of 4.11! Or ask Martin to do so. Please..

daidalos.team
11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=249644 :cool:

Mysticpuma
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Could 4.12 be the update (yes the one after this) that fixes a lot of the bugs and irritations that have been here for a long time?

I do like new aircraft and other new stuff but there are many features that still need tweaks, updates and much work to be done?

One example is the pitiful P-47 cockpit which has been awful since we got it and really needs a beauty stick beating on it (rather than it's current ugly stick!).

There are others I have no-doubt, but how about a back to basics on the next patch and fix and tweak what we already have?

(I am of-course grateful for any work you do chaps, just suggesting a different approach to new additions of aircraft and such-like?

Cheers, MP

wheelsup_cavu
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I am hoping that they can make it in time for Christmas again this year. :)

Wheels

flying
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Time to December !

FrankB
12-24-2011, 06:43 AM
This time last year patch 4.10 had been already out and I was testing it on my PC.

Today, I've been up the whole night madly refreshing this page to see the announcement. This is quite exhausting. For the sake of family peace, please TD, can you tell us until when 4.11 will NOT be released?

That way we could spend some productive time with our wives, kids, ...

Ze-Jamz
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
This time last year patch 4.10 had been already out and I was testing it on my PC.

Today, I've been up the whole night madly refreshing this page to see the announcement. This is quite exhausting. For the sake of family peace, please TD, can you tell us until when 4.11 will NOT be released?

That way we could spend some productive time with our wives, kids, ...

Lol..

Merry Xmas

GF_Mastiff
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
"We are planning to release the patch within this holiday season."

So some time before Jan 15th 2012. at least well have a whole year almost; with it, before the end of the world.

MicroWave
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
"We are planning to release the patch within this holiday season."

So some time before Jan 15th 2012. at least well have a whole year almost; with it, before the end of the world.

We'll try to squeeze in another patch before the world ends.

Storebror
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Where to file our complaints after worlds end if no patch has been released :?:
*SCNR* :mrgreen:

Best regards - Mike

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
On the gate of heaven (or hell - respectively)... naturally.

NeroMoura
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I think I'm already in hell. Summer over here is mighty oppressing. :mrgreen:

Maori
12-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Could 4.12 be the update (yes the one after this) that fixes a lot of the bugs and irritations that have been here for a long time?

Looking just the pre-release readme, it is clear they have fixed an amazing amount of more important annoyances than a stick in a cockpit.

The dead pilot shouting "I am hit" while a hole smokes on a side of a mountain is OVER!!! :-P A full round of beers to TD for that one ;)

More complex AI levels, etc, etc... Default skins was also long overdue.

I mean com'on! I know that small details on the favourite plane cockpit is important, but there are priorities and knowing how they are, they might have hidden a few surprises while reworking a ton of cockpits for 6DOF support ;)

So on my view, the patch you ask is THIS one. A lot of long time annoyances have been addressed and they still managed to squeeze in a few magnificent planes, new cockpits and upgraded 3ds (I am so excited about Pe-8! I can't wait to get my hands on the void skin to work out a template for it as a small thank you)

Lagarto
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I value addressing old annoyances even more than adding new stuff. One of my 'favourite' immersion killers is this red/orange lettering flashing across the screen saying 'MISSION COMPLETE'. It's ridiculous. Please disable it, at least for those who fly with 'no instant success' switched off.

Jack_Aubrey
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Out of nails, already eating my fingers (again :lol:), please bring it asap or i'll begin to eat my forearm.

Pd---> Crap i eaten my trigger finger :lol:

fruitbat
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Damn it, i'm checking about 20 times per day, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggg :cool:

kennel
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Well we all need to get our lives back, beer please

GF_Mastiff
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
and by the way TD; excellent job guys.

Treetop64
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I value addressing old annoyances even more than adding new stuff. One of my 'favourite' immersion killers is this red/orange lettering flashing across the screen saying 'MISSION COMPLETE'. It's ridiculous. Please disable it, at least for those who fly with 'no instant success' switched off.

Yeah. Totally agree on this. It's completely unnecessary. Please get rid of it.

Luno13
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Indeed, and the same goes for most of the blue text.

It would be nice if there was a conf file or section in the main conf.ini to adjust which of the texts are visible. Some, like bombsight angle, velocity, etc. and throttle positions are necessary. Messages that tell the player when objectives were completed/failed or which give kills and damage updates are somewhat detrimental to immersion. That stuff should appear in the next briefing only, if at all.

Thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be nice if after a mission, you had a field to claim a certain number of kills, and you are awarded that number only if friendly AI units are close enough to observe those kills (and live to tell about it)?

Anyway, great work DT. The wait is well worth it. I would gladly pay for a patch of even half this magnitude. I'm excited to see what will come in 4.12 :cool:

SacaSoh
12-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Indeed, and the same goes for most of the blue text.

It would be nice if there was a conf file or section in the main conf.ini to adjust which of the texts are visible. Some, like bombsight angle, velocity, etc. and throttle positions are necessary. Messages that tell the player when objectives were completed/failed or which give kills and damage updates are somewhat detrimental to immersion. That stuff should appear in the next briefing only, if at all.

Thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be nice if after a mission, you had a field to claim a certain number of kills, and you are awarded that number only if friendly AI units are close enough to observe those kills (and live to tell about it)?

Although, IMO, having to field claims looks like a not so simple implementation (from a programing standpoint), i agree that the messages about the objectives and kills are detrimental to the immersion. Since the first i played IL-2 i though it rater "gamey".