PDA

View Full Version : Demo vs the retail The driving physics the same?

Armo
10-06-2011, 12:37 AM
I tried the demo out and felt the rock climbing track was a load of fun but i hate the track with the mud. At first i hit the mud and doing like ive done irl i kept it punched with locked diff, locked trans, low tire pressure, and kept it in 4 low. No matter what combo of lock or tire pressure i was instantly stuck. Yet if i hit left and right on my keyboard zig zagging my vehicle i would never get stuck in any of the mud.
Needless to say this problem with the way the mud handles has kept me from the retail purchase. After a few youtube videos and reading the forum i cant help but wonder if its a flaw in the demo only or if infact the mud is the same in the retail. I also cant help but wonder what if anything(besides more vehicles and tracks) is different in the demo vs retail.

REDRUM
10-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately its the same.

barnestah
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I tried the demo out and felt the rock climbing track was a load of fun but i hate the track with the mud. At first i hit the mud and doing like ive done irl i kept it punched with locked diff, locked trans, low tire pressure, and kept it in 4 low. No matter what combo of lock or tire pressure i was instantly stuck. Yet if i hit left and right on my keyboard zig zagging my vehicle i would never get stuck in any of the mud.
Needless to say this problem with the way the mud handles has kept me from the retail purchase. After a few youtube videos and reading the forum i cant help but wonder if its a flaw in the demo only or if infact the mud is the same in the retail. I also cant help but wonder what if anything(besides more vehicles and tracks) is different in the demo vs retail.

Not sure what planet you off road on & every one has there own technique. But just to be fair I searched vairios 4x4 sites and as expected that technique is often used. Just look at UKOFFROAD.COM Under driving techniques.

The are also many track on this game where this does not work.

kickercrazyguy
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Sounds fairly realistic to me and what I have seen done at competition mud pits in the past to gain those last few yards.