PDA

View Full Version : Driving Tips

luke gr
10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Thought starting this thread, to discuss the driving tips some may
not be aware of, In case to move on with the game.

Here's my first question: Am I using the winch too much? :confused:
I have noticed I use It around 5-6 times ( or more...) during a race,
but seems there Is no other way to move on. Am I missing some technics or gadjets?

I am still struggling with the 2 first stages of the game (USA and Ladoga) btw.
Can't Improve my position yet, In order to move on further :D

kickercrazyguy
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I rarely have to use the winch, it's all about tire placement and momentum. Try climbing up different angles and placing your wheels in different locations for best traction. A running start never hurts either :)

luke gr
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I rarely have to use the winch, it's all about tire placement and momentum. Try climbing up different angles and placing your wheels in different locations for best traction.

Thanks for the tip Kickercrazyguy.;) I know It's all about tire replacement,
but what about those muddy swamps? It's almost Impossible to get out,
without the winch ( not talking about the loose ground paths, but those vicious swamps... )
I have tried all gadjets, but only the winch Is working.
Do you go through the swamps, using somekind of a different technic?

SuzukiSamurai
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the tip Kickercrazyguy.;) I know It's all about tire replacement,
but what about those muddy swamps? It's almost Impossible to get out,
without the winch ( not talking about the loose ground paths, but those vicious swamps... )
I have tried all gadjets, but only the winch Is working.
Do you go through the swamps, using somekind of a different technic?

Don't step of the gas lol, Make sure you are in low gears, lock central gearbox, maybe even lock the diffs and try to lower the tire pressure by the - key. This helps too, I figured the tire pressure key out after 2 hours of gameplay. :lol:

STASHMAN3000
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
just play through the tutorial and read/listen to what is being said. everything you need to know is in it. that's why its there lol. the only thing that wasn't there was the central diff lock button. I found it in the control setup menu. By the way the button is "J" just so you know

luke gr
10-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah!!! Finally moved on! Got my first new vehicle too:the Stalker!
Thanks for your tips guys! :-P

SuzukiSamurai
10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah!!! Finally moved on! Got my first new vehicle too:the Stalker!
Thanks for your tips guys! :-P

I have 329 rating now. :P

luke gr
10-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice to to have some experts around here! :cool:

ShawnK116
10-03-2011, 08:04 PM
it really is all bout thinking of your next move at all times.
i VERY rarely needed the winch. most steep angles can be over come by just simply lining up prior to beginning the assault. don't stop for TOO long but i never had a issue with stopping right before assaulting the climb so i could quickly get a over sight of whats to come and choose the best route.
with the mud bogs like he said gear down prior lock the difs and DON'T STOP or lesson the gas for anything, try to minimize steering as this will cause ya to slow down a bit. lower your tire pressure but watch it as it does affect performance but find the happy spot and you will go through the mud bogs and swamps like hot knife through butter!

barnestah
10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I have 329 rating now. :P

636 points here! And loving it. Favorite car so far is the Suzuki jeep it's so light and just plows through the mud at high revs!

I can't really give any more tips that have not already been said. Except in deep mud I steer the wheel left & right to keep graying traction. :grin:

SuzukiSamurai
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
636 points here! And loving it. Favorite car so far is the Suzuki jeep it's so light and just plows through the mud at high revs!

I can't really give any more tips that have not already been said. Except in deep mud I steer the wheel left & right to keep graying traction. :grin:

Yeah, I drove almost all vehicles and the little Samurai is one of the best. ^^

luke gr
10-03-2011, 09:18 PM
A little off-topic here: how many races must be completed, In order to move on to a new location?
I completed Ladoga with the suzuki, unlocked a couple of new vehicles, but I have to race the same 2 tracks again.
Is It a position Issue? What should happen In order to move forward In the game?

ShawnK116
10-04-2011, 12:01 AM
A little off-topic here: how many races must be completed, In order to move on to a new location?
I completed Ladoga with the suzuki, unlocked a couple of new vehicles, but I have to race the same 2 tracks again.
Is It a position Issue? What should happen In order to move forward In the game?
go through the different areas of the world and do the races that are white (not greyed out) play and place first to get the 100/100 rating points, the more points you get the higher your rating thus unlocking more tracks in areas and vehicles.

luke gr
10-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the Info Shawn! Finishing 1st looks quite difficult to me though :D
If It happens, It wil be with the suzuki for sure. The new vehicles I have tried
so far, feel kind of 'weak'...

ShawnK116
10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the Info Shawn! Finishing 1st looks quite difficult to me though :D
If It happens, It wil be with the suzuki for sure. The new vehicles I have tried
so far, feel kind of 'weak'...

idk everyone seems to like the suzuki but i don't disagree but i prefer the cherokee lifted softest susp. and highest lift with 38's.OR the jonny once again same specs soft susp. highest lift with 38's,both fit my driving style well and when i played through and beat first time, i very seldom lost a race or not finish in first.

luke gr
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
One other thing I have noticed, Is the Impact of different tires types In vehicle's performance.
At first I thought, tires variety was only for aesthetic reasons, but now I know the tires Issue, Is been taken good care by the devs.

ShawnK116
10-04-2011, 08:00 AM
One other thing I have noticed, Is the Impact of different tires types In vehicle's performance.
At first I thought, tires variety was only for aesthetic reasons, but now I know the tires Issue, Is been taken good care by the devs.

you never noticed in the tire selection screen how it affected the functionality for different terrains?i just wish as you was scrolling through you could see the tires on the vehicle in the back ground as well as the susp. heights.

luke gr
10-04-2011, 08:13 AM
you never noticed in the tire selection screen how it affected the functionality for different terrains?

Yes, I noticed on the selection screen, but I wasn't so sure If the Impact would be noticeable
when you actually used them. I am glad It Is. :)

barnestah
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
i just wish as you was scrolling through you could see the tires on the vehicle in the back ground as well as the susp. heights.

+1 to that.

luke gr
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Getting a little disappointed here...Can't move on to next locations.
I am sick of racing those 2 tracks Ladoga and USA again and again. Sometimes I manage to finish first,
but I always stuck In the swamps, no matter what...

What the :!: am I doing wrong? I read more and more people moving to next levels easier
or even finish the entire championship :confused:

SuzukiSamurai
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
you never noticed in the tire selection screen how it affected the functionality for different terrains?i just wish as you was scrolling through you could see the tires on the vehicle in the back ground as well as the susp. heights.

Yeah, it's lame we can't see it lol..

luke gr
10-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Miller man, you are my mentor!!! :)
Never though the tires pressure would be the key to get through those evil swamps!
That proves the game Is made with special care on crucial details. Finished 1st In the first 2 tracks of Ladoga!
I got the message a couple of new locations are unlocked, but can't see them on the map.
Anyway I'll try to finish first In USA tracks too and see what happens next.

Thanks m8! I owe you one! :cool:

Grim...
10-08-2011, 06:09 PM
What am I doing wrong in the first rock crawling competition? I can finish with it telling me I am first place with no penalties, and I'll get 240 points compared to the leader's 300. I've watched the whole fly-by before the race to make sure I'm not going the wrong way or anything daft.

Also - where's this tutorial you guys are talking about? I've got V1.1.0 from steam but I can't find it - do you mean the 'hints' that pop up on the sceen?

ShawnK116
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
What am I doing wrong in the first rock crawling competition? I can finish with it telling me I am first place with no penalties, and I'll get 240 points compared to the leader's 300. I've watched the whole fly-by before the race to make sure I'm not going the wrong way or anything daft.

Also - where's this tutorial you guys are talking about? I've got V1.1.0 from steam but I can't find it - do you mean the 'hints' that pop up on the sceen?

the tutorial is the VERY FIRST MAP/LOCATION...
and to get more points start each special section BEFORE the AI the more YOU "start" the more points you get. or at least that must be what it is cause i always got a 300 pretty much( once or twice i got a 280 i think) but i always stayed in front of the AI.plus if you just cant seem to get 300 on one track remember there are races following it for you to try and get first place,since rating is given for your completion position not each track individually.