PDA

View Full Version : No option to save!??

slinky
10-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Great game, played it for a few hours yesterday, issue I have is, there is no option to save the game! Every time I restart it loses my profile and all progress meaning I have to start all over from beginning again! This is very annoying and needs to be fixed!

I have tried all keyboard buttons to get it to save and nothing! Having no manual doesn't help either. I tried the one that is linked to another thread on here and it is corrupted.

Please help. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the game?

ShawnK116
10-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Great game, played it for a few hours yesterday, issue I have is, there is no option to save the game! Every time I restart it loses my profile and all progress meaning I have to start all over from beginning again! This is very annoying and needs to be fixed!

I have tried all keyboard buttons to get it to save and nothing! Having no manual doesn't help either. I tried the one that is linked to another thread on here and it is corrupted.

Please help. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the game?
first i have heard of this, i beat the game already without a single issue of save problems.sry your having this issue! WHO KNOWS when they will release patches for ALOT of stuff needing to get fixed

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 07:00 AM
The game saves automatically. Looks like it doesn't have required access rights in your case. If your UAC (User Account Control) is turned on (it's on by default), you may get a confirmation window while launching the game asking do you allow it to modify something on your PC. Did you answer 'Yes'?

slinky
10-03-2011, 07:23 AM
The game saves automatically. Looks like it doesn't have required access rights in your case. If your UAC (User Account Control) is turned on (it's on by default), you may get a confirmation window while launching the game asking do you allow it to modify something on your PC. Did you answer 'Yes'?

yeah UAC not the issue here. Even ran the game as admin and still no saving. Installed on c drive and 3 others and same issue. I can't see where it's losing the trigger for the save. quite frustrating, i was 50% through USA courses :(

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Do you have the PP3 folder in My Documents\My Games?

slinky
10-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Do you have the PP3 folder in My Documents\My Games?
no it's not there.

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Please post your system specs, Windows version and etc. Did you bought the game on Steam or somewhere else?

slinky
10-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Please post your system specs, Windows version and etc. Did you bought the game on Steam or somewhere else?
SYSTEM:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model G73Jh
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. G73Jh.206, 26/02/2010
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.93 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.28 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.2 GB
Page File Space 7.93 GB

VIDEO
Name ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Driver Version 8.850.6.0
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Game was given to me by a friend (he got off steam but was also bought a disc copy so gave me his disc copy) not sure where he got it though.

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
How the box cover looks like (name of a local publisher, etc.)? Do you have a key printed somewhere in the box or on DVD?
Did you have any problems or error messages while installing the game?

slinky
10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
How the box cover looks like (name of a local publisher, etc.)? Do you have a key printed somewhere in the box or on DVD?
Did you have any problems or error messages while installing the game?
no box, disc only, no errors on install and game itself runs no issues at all (except this no save one lol)

He said didn't need key unless i want to play multiplayer. i don't have much net bandwidth or high speed where i live so i don't play games online anyway. just want this save to work :(

Aside from this small problem, this is a great game and i will be recommending it to all my friends

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Where did your friend buy the game? Where do you live (what country)? We need this info to determine the version of the game you have.

slinky
10-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Where did your friend buy the game? Where do you live (what country)? We need this info to determine the version of the game you have.
ok i just spoke to him, he bought his steam copy and was given disc copy as bday present from his uncle in USA. He thinks from gamestop but not sure as we are in Australia and don't have that store here. So we live in Australia but the copy i am trying to use is the US version.

The only thing not happening with the install is that folder in my documents/my games not generating. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it still won't generate. All good if you guys can't resolve I will put it on teh shelf and prob never play it again as I can't sit there and do a marathon session in one hit just to complete. I have to work ;)

Sneaksie
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, you have the pirated version since the game has not been released in US or Australia retail yet. Thread closed.