PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion of the game!

SuzukiSamurai
10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Just tell us what you think, what you like and not like.

I played the game for 1 hour now. The game is cool, good graphics, nice terrains. But I miss free roam, I have to race like a mad man to get ratings..

kickercrazyguy
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I really enjoy the thorough details and how realistic it really is compared to other offroading games. The lack of free roam isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would since there are many tracks and competitions to keep me busy for a while. Really hard to win 1st place though, going to take many, many hours for a rookie gamer like me :rolleyes:

SuzukiSamurai
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I really enjoy the thorough details and how realistic it really is compared to other offroading games. The lack of free roam isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would since there are many tracks and competitions to keep me busy for a while. Really hard to win 1st place though, going to take many, many hours for a rookie gamer like me :rolleyes:

Yeah, but i hate it to RACE. I want to drive as fast as necessary and as slow as possible and I think a lot of people searched this in the game but all you have to do is race race race.. :(

mi79
10-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I purchased the game last night on Steam, and spent some time today trying it out. Aside from a few bugs, I'm pretty impressed so far. The only other off road game I've really gotten into is Screamer 4x4 from 2001...so it's been a while. The graphics are a lot better than the other game, but I've noticed a few things aren't as solid. With full diff lock, you don't always see the front tires spinning (either of them). Screamer allowed you to lock front or rear (or both), this game isn't quite as detailed.

The lack of free roam will definitely cut it short for me, but you can always ignore the clock and just enjoy the drive.

Overall, considering how few 4x4 games there are worth trying, it's good.

Minikeum
10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
The lack of free roam will definitely cut it short for me, but you can always ignore the clock and just enjoy the drive.

Same here ! I don't like racing. If I wanted a racing game, I'd have DIRT 3 ! So I just drive as slow as I want. To be honest, I'm waiting for a 100% save game so I can drive on all the tracks (races are not very easy !).

I think the developers have done a great job on the suspensions ! In 4x4 Hummer it was horrible : it seemed like there were no suspensions at all ! In Off Road Drive it is far better !

I miss free roam, but I miss also customizing the trucks, like in 4x4 Hummer. You started the game with a nice little SUV, and finished it with a hardcore off-roader ! That was cool, I miss that ! In Off Road Drive you just unlock trucks, and adjust tires and suspensions...

Damages seem just useless in this game. Unfortunately it is just esthetic damages. You can't even blow a tire ! But you can drive underwater.

If graphics are good, I don't like sounds, specifically engine sounds.

That's all for now. I "only" played 3 hours since I have the game. If I have to add something else, I'll do it.
Cheers

kickercrazyguy
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
The only other off road game I've really gotten into is Screamer 4x4 from 2001...so it's been a while. The graphics are a lot better than the other game, but I've noticed a few things aren't as solid. With full diff lock, you don't always see the front tires spinning (either of them). Screamer allowed you to lock front or rear (or both), this game isn't quite as detailed.

I agree, Screamer 4x4 was great considering how old it is

chansuke
10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Im kinda disappointed in this game. As an avid offroader and videogamer I had high hopes, but this game isnt really what id call stellar.

The vehicle selection is nice, good variety, but I would like more upgrades for stuff like the engine, or some beefier axles or something. The ability to do front and rear diff locks individually would have been nice as well.

Graphically its alright, not bad, but not as good as say, dirt 3. Dirt 2 level perhaps? Which is fine, I understand.

But the thing that bothers me most is the gameplay. The first time I was slowed down because I hit a small rock, I thought it was a glitch, maybe a one time thing. But nope...this is kinda ridiculous guys. A 2 door XJ on 35s (aired down and locked no less) struggling to take a small curb? Really? Sometimes front or rear wheels dont engage, and lots of time the engine bogs down and the vehicle just sits there, ostensibly floored, but the tach is reading nothing almost.

My Sami is on 33s and open f/r, and I KNOW it would be able to make that climb!

Overall, I was kind of hoping this would turn out to be something like MotorM4x( which sadly is no longer on steam), which is an excellent game, but as it is...eh...

SuzukiSamurai
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I have Screamer 4x4 and Motorm4x on my pc too and had something like, those games were better actually (free roam and no racing).
The devs didn't listen to us at all and missed the point we were clearly trying to make. They never got on the forum the last months and as we all know they ignored the BIG ASK for free roam. Ok, no free roam, no problem! I can live with that, but what do I get? I get a race game. I need to drive my vehicle to the limit on every track, I jump it at 50 km/h and it doesn't break or bend or even makes a single noise when it gets down and smashes into the ground, so unrealistic. The sound of the vehicles is driving me insane. I thought we had discussed the difference about diesel and petrol engines and that you guys where going to make it different. Sreamer 4x4 had better sounds.

Besides this I like it, the cars, the maps. But then again, I hate RACING. I thought you guys were going to make the difference to other automotive games. But keep up the good work, it needs some improvements but it will work fine after some good mods. And consider a mod where we don't need to race at every track. ^^

STASHMAN3000
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I thought the game was pretty good. I did notice problems like everyone else with the motor bogging down but I found a fix for that, dont let off the gas. I have this game since Sept. 30 and beat the career already so the game itself is not that hard. only other problem is that i cant get my multiplayer to work. I made new thread for that problem here...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26701

Like everyone else I do wish there was free roam but what ever. you can always go through the career again.

Ju-87
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I think it's pretty fun, but a bit hard.

My main complaint is that once you speed up, the physics feel horrible. The cars feel glued to the track, but at the same time they act more or less weightless. The sound effects are lacking too, for instance there's no sound when the car or tires slam into the ground.

As I said it's still a fun game though, the crawling/trial aspect is almost perfect imo.

chansuke
10-04-2011, 04:43 AM
I disagree with the crawling being almost perfect.

barnestah
10-04-2011, 06:39 AM
I disagree with the crawling being almost perfect.

Well you could at least say why? Just to be polite;)

Tommi
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello.
I'm impressed with the demo and think of buying this game on Steam.
But I'm quite new to the "Cross-Country Driving" itself, so I'd like to ask some questions about this game.

1. As far as I've read this thread and forum, this game seems to include only "Cross-Country Driving Events". Is it right ? ... or does this game include some kind of "Rally Cross" or "Raid" style racing events with the AI like "DiRT" series ?

2. How many countries and tracks are included ?

3. Does this game have so called "Quick Race Mode" or only "Career Mode" ?

4. Does this game have "Tutorial Mode" for the beginner to learn the basic skills for Cross-Country Driving ?

I know these are very basic questions and I'm really sorry for that. But I'd like to know much about the details of this game. So, some information would be really appreciated.

Best regards

ShawnK116
10-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello.
I'm impressed with the demo and think of buying this game on Steam.
But I'm quite new to the "Cross-Country Driving" itself, so I'd like to ask some questions about this game.

1. As far as I've read this thread and forum, this game seems to include only "Cross-Country Driving Events". Is it right ? ... or does this game include some kind of "Rally Cross" or "Raid" style racing events with the AI like "DiRT" series ?

2. How many countries and tracks are included ?

3. Does this game have so called "Quick Race Mode" or only "Career Mode" ?

4. Does this game have "Tutorial Mode" for the beginner to learn the basic skills for Cross-Country Driving ?

I know these are very basic questions and I'm really sorry for that. But I'd like to know much about the details of this game. So, some information would be really appreciated.

Best regards

answers-
1. yes its mostly cross country per say, there are some lap based races.but the biggest races are point to point,encountering different obstacles along the way. you never actually race "WITH" AI its always a race against the AI times. the most you see is a ghost image of a AI so you can guesstimate off that how your doing, so there is no collision between you and the AI, also during a race you only see your time and besides seeing your placement 1 through 10 out of ten( first place is 1/10) you don't really know how far ahead or behind the AI you are till you finish as in race it only shows YOUR time during the race.
2. there are 6 countries(Thailand,Africa,Ladoga,Malaysia,USA and Australia) and tracks total of all countries combined is 20... BUT each "track" has three races pretty much.
3.there is no quick race or free practice of a certain race, the race your in is in your practice but you can certainly restart and do the race for real.
4.there is a tutorial track that goes over the basics,but its only on a REALLY easy track so you learn of what to do but not totally how and when to do it till you start hitting the real races, to practice and learn when and where to do what, to fit your driving style and peak your performance.
:roll:8-)

Tommi
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
answers-
1. yes its mostly cross country per say, there are some lap based races.but the biggest races are point to point,encountering different obstacles along the way. you never actually race "WITH" AI its always a race against the AI times. the most you see is a ghost image of a AI so you can guesstimate off that how your doing, so there is no collision between you and the AI, also during a race you only see your time and besides seeing your placement 1 through 10 out of ten( first place is 1/10) you don't really know how far ahead or behind the AI you are till you finish as in race it only shows YOUR time during the race.
2. there are 6 countries(Thailand,Africa,Ladoga,Malaysia,USA and Australia) and tracks total of all countries combined is 20... BUT each "track" has three races pretty much.
3.there is no quick race or free practice of a certain race, the race your in is in your practice but you can certainly restart and do the race for real.
4.there is a tutorial track that goes over the basics,but its only on a REALLY easy track so you learn of what to do but not totally how and when to do it till you start hitting the real races, to practice and learn when and where to do what, to fit your driving style and peak your performance.
:roll:8-)
Hello again.
Thank you very much for your kind reply and detailed explanation. I can fully understand the details which I wanted to know.

I feel "Off-Road Drive" has been greatly improved in every aspects compared to the previous title "4x4 Hummer".
On the other hand, "Off-Road Drive" is a little hard for me because I'm a beginner for Cross-Country Driving. So I've been wondering whether I'll be able to beat this game and whether I should buy it.
But I can make up my mind, and ... I've already bought this game :)
Here is my first screenshot of "Off-Road Drive" in Tutorial Mode.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=61&u=15940285

It's very bright and beautiful track and I love it !
I sincerely appreciate your kindness, ShawnK116 :D
It may not be easy to learn and master how to complete each track. But I'm going to try it and "enjoy" it !

Best regards

SuzukiSamurai
10-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello again.
Thank you very much for your kind reply and detailed explanation. I can fully understand the details which I wanted to know.

I feel "Off-Road Drive" has been greatly improved in every aspects compared to the previous title "4x4 Hummer".
On the other hand, "Off-Road Drive" is a little hard for me because I'm a beginner for Cross-Country Driving. So I've been wondering whether I'll be able to beat this game and whether I should buy it.
But I can make up my mind, and ... I've already bought this game :)
Here is my first screenshot of "Off-Road Drive" in Tutorial Mode.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=61&u=15940285

It's very bright and beautiful track and I love it !
I sincerely appreciate your kindness, ShawnK116 :D
It may not be easy to learn and master how to complete each track. But I'm going to try it and "enjoy" it !

Best regards

I don't like the racing aspect. I want to see my car flex around a rock, I want to get over an obstacle as slow as possible as fast as necessary. I like the game but their was too much racing in it. I bought it too but I'm not feeling fully satisfied.

Tommi
10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't like the racing aspect. I want to see my car flex around a rock, I want to get over an obstacle as slow as possible as fast as necessary. I like the game but their was too much racing in it. I bought it too but I'm not feeling fully satisfied.
Hello.
Thank you very much for your reply :)
I've read your previous posts and noticed the pleasure of "Slow Driving".
I've been a "Rally Games" fan for many years and concentrated on "driving as fast as possible".
But after reading your posts, I found "Slow Driving" is also fun in "Cross-Country Driving", feeling the surface of the ground and enjoying the atmosphere of the beautiful natural scenery.
I also think it's pity that this game doesn't include "Free Roam" feature. But I hope it will be added in the future or in the next title.
Thank you :D

Best regards

ASUSfreak
10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Well, I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE GAME!!! ALL OF IT!!!

Sure there's always room for improvement, but hey they'll put updates to the game!

I find this my personal best in the genre off-road games! (I did played and liked Screamer 4x4 as wel! I have the torrent if you like ;-)) For me this game gives me the same thrill as Anno 1404 Venice is for the best RTS.

And yes a free world to drive would be very nice :) Or where you can build your own world with obstacles and stuff... (or at least like the pathfinder option in Screamer)

And you should be able to buy (way more) upgrades (and vehicules) and not just adjust them...

There should be a V-Sync option (that works) --> I'm currently busy in an other thread with the V-Sync stuff...

And an annoying bug is occuring sometimes: When driving with the keyboard it sometimes stops and shows the same menu when you hit the ESC-key... Ok just pressing Resume would do fine, but its annoying when your in a corner :p
Racing it with the MOMO did not result in this bug... (Maybe its a press-too-much-keys-at-once-bug)

No really in general this game "ROCKS" :rolleyes:
I'm gonna e-mail the developers because when I was like 8 years old I played Street Rod (on Commodore Amiga 500, not the PC version--> that sucked) and was sooooooooo addicted to the game that from then on I start typing in Workbench's Text Editor (can't recall the name :p and Workbench was Amiga's "Windows" but better. :p) a whole game that I would like! And that game was like Street Rod, but then with Off-Road cars... (Hell I even have it printed out on my Star LC-200 printer on chain-paper... Haaaa memories...)
I even retypt it in a Word-file how it should look like, and wich options it would have and all the details. Really ALL the details... At age of 8 :cool:

Oh yeah, why was I gonna e-mail the developers? To give them my idea of the NEXT game they will develop :p --> Remember my name as ASUSfreak WILL be part of Off-Road Drive 2 :p!!! (Because now (8y + 23y later) somebody FINNALY makes a game with the detail I had at age 8!!!

I know, I know, I'm a genious :-P but I'm a hardware freak and not a software dude... (else I build the game a long time ago :evil:)

Yeah well, I think you'll know now that I like this game :)

Hey OP you asked for it ;)

SuzukiSamurai
10-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE GAME!!! ALL OF IT!!!

Sure there's always room for improvement, but hey they'll put updates to the game!

I find this my personal best in the genre off-road games! (I did played and liked Screamer 4x4 as wel! I have the torrent if you like ;-)) For me this game gives me the same thrill as Anno 1404 Venice is for the best RTS.

And yes a free world to drive would be very nice :) Or where you can build your own world with obstacles and stuff... (or at least like the pathfinder option in Screamer)

And you should be able to buy (way more) upgrades (and vehicules) and not just adjust them...

There should be a V-Sync option (that works) --> I'm currently busy in an other thread with the V-Sync stuff...

And an annoying bug is occuring sometimes: When driving with the keyboard it sometimes stops and shows the same menu when you hit the ESC-key... Ok just pressing Resume would do fine, but its annoying when your in a corner :p
Racing it with the MOMO did not result in this bug... (Maybe its a press-too-much-keys-at-once-bug)

No really in general this game "ROCKS" :rolleyes:
I'm gonna e-mail the developers because when I was like 8 years old I played Street Rod (on Commodore Amiga 500, not the PC version--> that sucked) and was sooooooooo addicted to the game that from then on I start typing in Workbench's Text Editor (can't recall the name :p and Workbench was Amiga's "Windows" but better. :p) a whole game that I would like! And that game was like Street Rod, but then with Off-Road cars... (Hell I even have it printed out on my Star LC-200 printer on chain-paper... Haaaa memories...)
I even retypt it in a Word-file how it should look like, and wich options it would have and all the details. Really ALL the details... At age of 8 :cool:

Oh yeah, why was I gonna e-mail the developers? To give them my idea of the NEXT game they will develop :p --> Remember my name as ASUSfreak WILL be part of Off-Road Drive 2 :p!!! (Because now (8y + 23y later) somebody FINNALY makes a game with the detail I had at age 8!!!

I know, I know, I'm a genious :-P but I'm a hardware freak and not a software dude... (else I build the game a long time ago :evil:)

Yeah well, I think you'll know now that I like this game :)

Hey OP you asked for it ;)

Nu in het nederlands? Ik kan totaal niet uit uw tekst wat je hier allemaal zegt, een zee van info. :lol: Ik zou niet teveel hopen op patches en dergelijke. Die Russen negeren ons gewoon en het is een off road game. Dus je moet ook traag kunnen rijden. Het racen hier haat ik, ik heb het spel nu een week en ik verveel mij al steendood.

chansuke
10-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Hopefully there wont be a ORD II.

I sell videogames for a living, and Ive had people ask about this game, and I have always steered them away from it. Ive also told all the videogame players in my offroad club to stay away from it.

Sad, this game coulda been awesome, could still be awesome, but as it is...No.

And the developer seems to have no desire to fix things.

SuzukiSamurai
10-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Hopefully there wont be a ORD II.

I sell videogames for a living, and Ive had people ask about this game, and I have always steered them away from it. Ive also told all the videogame players in my offroad club to stay away from it.

Sad, this game coulda been awesome, could still be awesome, but as it is...No.

And the developer seems to have no desire to fix things.

Taking our money on the the other hand...

ASUSfreak
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Nu in het nederlands?

Laat ik het gewoon "te enthousiast" noemen en daardoor vd hak op de tak springen doordat ik zoveel ineens wil vertellen ;) maar waar te beginnen???

En ik zit momenteel in een wachtdienst van vrijdag tot vrijdag 24/7 dus slaaptekort zal er ook wel mee te maken hebben ;)