PDA

View Full Version : Issue - Xbox controller unbinds buttons

Dogsbody1
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Hello,

Hoping someone out there can help - I've bound 'Clutch' to the Left Bumper (LB) on my Xbox controller (hooked up to my PC). Every time I enter a race, it unbinds just this one key. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I can fix it via going semi-automatic but that's weaksauce. Help!! I'm loving this game so far but this is killing me.

Toy-Hilux
10-01-2011, 07:01 AM
hi,
my compleat Xbox-pad didn´t work...no button no axes.
I try a lot to make it work, but it still not work:confused:
I´m soooo angry about that...the game looks good, but i dont want to play that with the keybord+mous :evil:

deznutts1420
10-05-2011, 05:08 AM
I too have the same problem with my xbox controller not working at all, and it sure sucks playing the game with keyboard and mouse

Jeepin4Life
10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Same issue with the steel series controller. It wont recognize the up direction on the pad but every other button works. So the truck goes in reverse every time but not forward when using the controller. I tried to fix it for over 2 hours and just cant seem to get it to work. I know the controller perfectly because I tested it on Motor M4x and a few other games. This bug needs to be fixed please 1c ASAP. Thanks.

Jeepin4Life
10-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Same issue with the steel series controller. It wont recognize the up direction on the pad but every other button works. So the truck goes in reverse every time but not forward when using the controller. I tried to fix it for over 2 hours and just cant seem to get it to work. I know the controller perfectly because I tested it on Motor M4x and a few other games. This bug needs to be fixed please 1c ASAP. Thanks.

Went to Goodwill to look for PC controllers and the random one I choose works fine with the game.

Nike-it
10-17-2011, 06:16 AM
We will inform the devs about problem with controllers. But the only problem with it I faced myself was that all changes in controls are set to default each time you launch the game.

Pirate
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I encountered the same problem as the OP. It's very annoying, game is pretty much unplayable.
Every time I load a new race, or restart the current one, it unbinds the Clutch button. No matter what I set it to. Tried buttons, axes, keyboard buttons. Tried running as admin. I even tried to mess with the config files directly but with reverse results. I tried setting it to Mouse/Keyboard and bind everything manually, but then all axes work as buttons and it defeats the whole point of playing on a pad. I understand the clutch is meant to be an axis, but why can't I bind it to a button if I want to ?
Also why is there no way to set the pause button ? When I acidentally bound Start to something else I had to delete my entire player profile to get it to work again ! When the controller is set to XBox 360 Controller pressing Esc doesn't pause the game so I had to terminate the game from the task manager every time.