PDA

View Full Version : Game just freezes

Plauze
09-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Hello everyone!

I just bought the game Off-Road Drive, which I was really looking forward to play, via Steam. But when I start it, the intro videos are playing (I cannot skip them with the mouse or keyboard) and after the last video has finished the screen turns black. The task manager says, that the application is not responding, even right after I start it and open the task manager.

I installed all the latest drivers for my graphics card and DirectX etc. I also already tried compatibility modes and running the exe as admin. Not even a bit changed. Please help me!

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
MS-7522 Mainboard
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 260

BR,

Matthias

RustynP
09-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Same for me!
On my notebook it runs fine, on my desktop it doesn't. I've got exactly tha same problem as written above by Matthias.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
6 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 295

m0j0NL
09-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Same here,

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I7 920
6gb ram
Ati 5150

Patblacktj
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I anticipated issues like this, hence me waiting for a console release.

Ju-87
09-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Me too, opimization on PC is just a hassle... Especially when it comes to games from smaller developers!

My computer hates 1C games... :(

Minikeum
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Same here, again.
I bought the game from Steam.
The game starts, but around 30 seconds after, it crashes, and it says : "ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".
My drivers are up to date.

My specs :
Intel Core i7 620M
Nvidia GeForce GT330M
4GB RAM
Windows 7 x64 Pro

So far, it seems the common is that we all have a Intel i7. Could it be the origin of the problem ?

Chipgore
09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
i have the same problem also

specs

Core2 E8400
4gig ram
windows 7 64bit home
Geforce GTX260

Dogsbody1
09-30-2011, 11:01 PM
mine crashes out during the intro video, in the same spot each time (20-odd seconds in) - however if you just hit 'esc' during the video it goes to main menu and works fine. maybe give this a shot?

Michael Jensen
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I have the same problem, first time after download, I played for one hour, then left the game.

And now it's showing the intro, and then right after there is only a black screen. :evil:

Chipgore
09-30-2011, 11:14 PM
mine crashes out during the intro video, in the same spot each time (20-odd seconds in) - however if you just hit 'esc' during the video it goes to main menu and works fine. maybe give this a shot?

Mate the problem is we can't even press esc, the game locks up as soon as the intro videos start playing and when their done the game never loads to the menu

luke gr
09-30-2011, 11:52 PM
No problems here at all:

Intel Core Duo CPU E6850@3.00GHz
4Gb RAM
Win7 Ultimate 64 bit
nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+

testdummy
10-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Dear luke gr luke gr Member

so on weak systems it works fine?

I have Quad-Sli Gtx-580's with 3gigs ram each a i7x990 and 24 Gigs of fast ram.

Are you suggesting I go to Kmart and buy your system instead?

I appreciate your suggestion, but I hope instead they chose to fix the game for "high end" machines.

best regards.

SuzukiSamurai
10-01-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm gonna wait to buy this game actually, the more I read the more problems i hear. But I think this will be normal. The game just came out. :)

Mavsta
10-01-2011, 02:03 AM
This is a Win7 and driver problem, it happens in a lot of games not just this one;).

It did it for me too, i bumped up the GPU votage a notch and sweet as since:cool:

mccartercar
10-01-2011, 02:04 AM
I can get in game sometimes but it freezes randomly after 1 minute or less. I also frequently have the issue with no keyboard commands responding.
Sometimes it freezes at loading screen, sometimes in tutorial after 30 seconds or less and sometimes in game menu.
X3 AMD athlon 2
4GB DDR2 Gskill 1066
GTX460SE
Win 7 Ultimate 64BIT
Tried all nvidia drivers, running as admin, compatibility modes and setting affinity to one core.

Here is my error report from crash:

AppHangB1
Application Name: ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e5df6e8
Hang Signature: 1af0
Hang Type: 256
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 1af0080ba7982dc1508cfa0cbe10663c
Additional Hang Signature 2: b6f0
Additional Hang Signature 3: b6f074fc826839c794ec4b8e54633e98
Additional Hang Signature 4: 1af0
Additional Hang Signature 5: 1af0080ba7982dc1508cfa0cbe10663c
Additional Hang Signature 6: b6f0
Additional Hang Signature 7: b6f074fc826839c794ec4b8e54633e98

ShawnK116
10-01-2011, 02:11 AM
i run win 7 64 bit ulti, no issues played it got roughly 50% through no issues..
did ya try verifying files ? bking up your saves then reinstalling?
do basic TS and if don't work get your money back... the game still has glitches i have found quite a few with cameras, rocks, and some other things..
just waiting to see how long till they get fixed.WAHAHAHAH
and made a personal trainer to disable ALL timers so i now can driver WHEREVER i want WHENEVER i want...till i hit the edge of the mapped areas...
WAHAHAHAHAH8-)

SuzukiSamurai
10-01-2011, 02:16 AM
i run win 7 64 bit ulti, no issues played it got roughly 50% through no issues..
did ya try verifying files ? bking up your saves then reinstalling?
do basic TS and if don't work get your money back... the game still has glitches i have found quite a few with cameras, rocks, and some other things..
just waiting to see how long till they get fixed.WAHAHAHAH
and made a personal trainer to disable ALL timers so i now can driver WHEREVER i want WHENEVER i want...till i hit the edge of the mapped areas...
WAHAHAHAHAH8-)

Sweet, if they won't listen to us we'll make it ourself. ;)

ShawnK116
10-01-2011, 02:26 AM
yeah i did it myself ..
and to that cocky retard your system has nothing on mine,don't go throwing out system specs like your some crazy bada$$ you pc is crap....period..
i wont take the time to type out my pc and make you wish you hadnt posted that ... OH and you have "24 Gb" of ram("24 Gigs of fast ram") i would love to see proof of that...
whether some one has a "weak" pc or a "strong gaming/multimedia" that isnt the issue..
the issue is the coding and work on 1c's behalf.

Vlasov_581
10-01-2011, 02:41 AM
man what the hell.......played a little this morning.....Logitech Driving Force Pro has issues, even though it says that it is supported......came home after work and now the game doesn't work......i launch it in Steam, intro movies come on but i can't skip them even though i could this morning.......after the intros are over it's just a black screen, no response........hurry up with the patch please

mccartercar
10-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Okay...
What ive done is Ive taken the russian version, which runs perfectly on my system, and introduced files from the english version and renamed them from .int with .rus extension. I have 95% english text and symbols ingame and menus. The voice over is still in russian but I believe its hidden away in a .upk file and it wont let me simply switch the two out. The only other part is using the winch during tutorial is in russian text but thats about it. Going to try and completely make it english by using the ut3 sdk and tweaking the .upk files soon but for now the game works great without crashing stalling or not recognizing keyboard commands.

diablo846
10-01-2011, 03:26 AM
well mine won't even load all i do is get a installing windows installer and nothing it just freezes on that.................. all i want to do is play the game and i cant:mad:

testdummy
10-01-2011, 04:44 AM
to "scooter" message below I was responding to person above me saying "works fine on my system" btw don't bother typing out your system it doesn't have a 400 Gig solid state drive either. U S A. ftehwin.

Default yup
yeah i did it myself ..
and to that cocky retard your system has nothing on mine,don't go throwing out system specs like your some crazy bada$$ you pc is crap....period..
i wont take the time to type out my pc and make you wish you hadnt posted that ... OH and you have "24 Gb" of ram("24 Gigs of fast ram") i would love to see proof of that...
whether some one has a "weak" pc or a "strong gaming/multimedia" that isnt the issue..

ShawnK116
10-01-2011, 05:01 AM
to "scooter" message below I was responding to person above me saying "works fine on my system" btw don't bother typing out your system it doesn't have a 400 Gig solid state drive either. U S A. ftehwin.

Default yup
yeah i did it myself ..

you quoted me but no response? or it was to go hand in hand with a comment previously idk,im drunk at this point so who knows??

Michael Jensen
10-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Now I do not bother messing with this game anymore :evil:

And if the game developers do not even bother to write on their own forum, about the problem, so I want my money back now!

Is it possible to get money back from Steam, now that the game does not work.?

Sorry, for my poor english :oops:

Plauze
10-01-2011, 12:33 PM
..i am also wondering whether I can get my money back. My PC surely is ten times better than the system requirements, so I want my 25 € back!

Steam support says:

Question

How do I return a retail game package?
Answer

Please contact the vendor you purchased the game from for a return or exchange - as the purchase of the game package from a retail outlet involves a transaction between you and the retailer. Steam Support will not offer returns for retail purchases.

So one would have to contact 1C Company. I contacted their support yesterday describing my issue and I will send another one asking for my money.

I will let you know what they say.

BR,

Matthias

barnestah
10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I just got the PP3 error message. Sometimes got it with demo as well. I Just shut down restated and All fine again.

Aero
10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
..i am also wondering whether I can get my money back. My PC surely is ten times better than the system requirements, so I want my 25 € back!

Steam support says:

Question

How do I return a retail game package?
Answer

Please contact the vendor you purchased the game from for a return or exchange - as the purchase of the game package from a retail outlet involves a transaction between you and the retailer. Steam Support will not offer returns for retail purchases.

So one would have to contact 1C Company. I contacted their support yesterday describing my issue and I will send another one asking for my money.

I will let you know what they say.

BR,

Matthias

Let us know. Sort of let down that in all three pages not one mod posted.

Michael Jensen
10-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I have just posted this on 1C Company´s Facebook page:

Hey "1C Company" ! Please check your forum.!
We have a lot of people who have problems with your game ..!

The least you could do, was to answer all the people who have problems, otherwise we must require that you start returning the money to us.

For all other "Do not buy the game" until 1C Company bother to look at the problems..!

It will probably be removed very quickly from their facebook page ;)

SuzukiSamurai
10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I have just posted this on 1C Company´s Facebook page:

It will probably be removed very quickly from their facebook page ;)

After 7 hours the message is still there haha. :D

steveperrywho
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
i resolved this issue for myself!!!! i have tried 5 times to make sure it works now and it does.

I was having this same issue, where the game wouldnt load or sometimes it would stick at loading screen. and when i DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET it resolved my issues, when not connected to the internet the game loads fine, and when connected i still get that problem.

SuzukiSamurai
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
i resolved this issue for myself!!!! i have tried 5 times to make sure it works now and it does.

I was having this same issue, where the game wouldnt load or sometimes it would stick at loading screen. and when i DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET it resolved my issues, when not connected to the internet the game loads fine, and when connected i still get that problem.

So you have to disconnect your internet? REAL RUSSIAN STYLE! :lol:

Alexb
10-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I get lockups too - I can't play for more than 10 minutes at a time. Really frustrating.

i7 2600k
AMD 5780 1gb
8gb Ram
Win7 64b.

They really need to fix this - not happy.

Minikeum
10-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I managed to play the game. Here what I've done :
In the properties of the file "ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe", I changed the compatibility mode (switched it in XP Service Pack 3 mode), and I forced the game to be launched as admin. And I use directly this file to start the game (I don't start it with steam).
It always crash at the first launch, but the second (or third) one, it seems to work : no black screen or freeze. I launched the game three times that way.
And I don't have to disconnect the Internet.
Hope it can help you guys.

Plauze
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi guys!

The support answered to my request today and here is what they said:

Hello,

There is a known bug with this game, however it hasn't been fixed by
now.
You can try to temporary turn off Your internet connection, or block the
game
In the windows firewall.

To do this:
Try the tutorial on this site:
http://www.technipages.com/blockunblock-programs-in-windows-firewall.html

Other things to try are:

Solution 1:
Try:
1)In Steam, right click the game,
2)go to "Properties", then the Local Files tab
3) click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
It will check if You have any problems with game files and fix them if they
occur

Solution 2:
Try to run the game by the Game shortcut in the Steam directory in the Start
menu or directly from the game catalog
using "Run as Administrator" option
Be sure and Right-Click on the desktop shortcut your using to launch the
game and select the "Run as Administrator..." option.

And when I disabled my internet connection it suddenly worked. Hopefully they will release a patch for that problem soon!

BR,

Matthias

Alexb
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I presume the fact that we disconnect from the 'net and it works means it's some form of shitty DRM?

badger47uk
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
i found a quick fix if you are using the steam version of Off Road Drive i found that if you disconnect from the internet and run the game it works with out any fuss its just a pain that Steam havent released a patch for this

hope this helps

PanterACFH
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Or you culd just edit an .ini file as I found out and posted here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26881

----------------------------------

You can get the game to work without having to disable your internet connection by modifying an .ini file where the game is installed.

eg.
C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\Config\
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\off-road drive\PP3WorkGame\Config\

Open DefaultGame.ini in notepad.

Towards the bottom find this line:
NatDetectionMode=AUTO ;Supported modes: AUTO, FORCED, DISABLED

change it to:
NatDetectionMode=DISABLED ;Supported modes: AUTO, FORCED, DISABLED

Save your changes.

Now the game will load without having to disable your internet connection.
----------------------------------

Cheers

PanterA ...Forever Stronger Than All

dams07_fr
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello !

I had the same crash problem but it's solved itself... I don't know how !
BUT, now I have an other problem in game :
When I win a trophy, I unlock new cars, but the New tracks don't be unlocked and a bug appear in the screen with region names (see attached file)!
I don't know if anyone have the same problem ?
I have a Steam 1.10 version (French buy).

It is so painfull that this interresting game has these bugs... :(
I hope the Avalon Team can solved them...

Sneaksie
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Thank you for posting the screenshot, we passed it to the developers. UPDATE: What version you are playing, Steam or some other one?

dams07_fr
10-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your reply,
I play the 1.1.0 Steam version (Buy online by Steam from France).

For your information, I have installed russian demo first to test the game.
Then, I uninstall the demo.
And I install via Steam the complete version.

Too, I never seen the learning track and I have only two region available : Ladoga (2 tacks) and USA (1 track) : it's so frustrating...

Thank you for your help.

luke gr
10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
...Too, I never seen the learning track and I have only two region available : Ladoga (2 tacks) and USA (1 track) : it's so frustrating...

Have you tried this? ;)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=347952&postcount=21

dams07_fr
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks a lot Luke gr for your tip!

I create a new player and all region appeared on the Map! Some of them aren't unlocked but I think it works if I run the tracks again...
Normally, it's solved m'y pb !

Note : All cars aren't avalaible with this new player.

luke gr
10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
...Note : All cars aren't avalaible with this new player.

They will be, as you move forward ;)