PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

The Commissar
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello comrades, i'm new to the forums, but a veteran to RTS games. I was wondering, what are people's opinions of Men of War: Vietnam? I don't have too much "spare cash" so I want to know if it would be worth it.

James6584
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Honestly I enjoyed it. It is quite short in comparison with the other games, but it is very fun. It is interesting with almost everyone having automatic weapons as well. It is very hard, a couple of lucky shots from the enemy could turn it all against you.

I think a lot of peoples problem is that they were expecting large battles and tanks and air strikes etc, whereas you actually just control small squads in mainly stealth based missions.

As a veteran of RTS' I think you would probably enjoy this game, just be warned that when I say this game is pretty hard and challenging, I mean it :P. Often enemies will get around you and you have to really think about what you are doing.

Razw
10-01-2011, 07:59 PM
It's a good game, the singleplayer is good, but abit short. But yeeah it's really good if you like single player. And Co-op works kinda good.
But if you are aiming for a multiplayer RTS you shouldn't be grabbing this one.
And this game dosen't come with an editor so you can't make it how you want it. Cheers

The Commissar
10-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I just wish they had a demo to help me make a final decision....

Mack the Knife
10-08-2011, 02:26 AM
watch the walkthoughs given above. that gives you a good idea of the gameworld. people bitch about the losing their guys in all the jungle cover, for crap sakes, that's how it was. all the reviews i read whined that it was too hard so i hesitated. i'm not hardcore, i like to have fun so i didn't want it at first cuz i didn't want to be frustrated. well, after watching a walkthrough or two i got it and it's no harder than MoW. if you liked MoW you'll like this. if you haven't played MoW, play it first. it has a demo.

Gypsy39
10-08-2011, 06:45 AM
The game kicks ass IMO. It just needs an editor.