PDA

View Full Version : Off-Road Drive Launch Contest! (Finished)

Sneaksie
09-29-2011, 01:53 PM
To celebrate the long-awaited PC release of the Off-Road Drive we decided to launch a small contest. If you're interested in off-road competitions and the game, these questions won't give you any problems:

1. Which gear increases cross-country ability of a vehicle while decreasing its speed?

a) neutral
b) highest possible
c) low
d) rear

2. How should you adjust the tire pressure to increase the surface friction (grip)?

a) lower the tire pressure
b) increase the tire pressure

3. What can you do to escape from a diagonal suspension situation (when only two wheels have surface contact)?

a) unlock centre differential
b) lock centre differential
c) increase tire pressure
d) increase suspension height

4. What instrument can be used to determine the current tilt angle of your vehicle?

a) tachometer
b) compass
c) clinometer
d) GPS

5. What device prevents a water hammer danger while fording?

a) muffler
b) snorkel
c) winch
d) fuel pump

6. What is the name of Russian trophy represented in the game?

a) Leningrad trophy
b) Ladoga trophy
c) Siberia trophy
d) Moscow trophy

7. Where off-road competitions represented in the game take place?
a) South Africa, Russia, Antarctica, Thailand, USA, Malaysia
b) Malaysia, USA, South America, Australia, Spain, Russia
c) Australia, Malaysia, South Africa, Madagascar, Thailand, Russia
d) Thailand, Russia, South Africa, Malaysia, USA, Australia

Don't post your answers here, send them to specially created Off-Road Driver forum account via PM instead (click here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/private.php?do=newpm&u=41461) to open send form).

First three people to send the correct answers will receive the Steam activation key for 'Off-Road Drive' AND 1C Racing collection (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8796/?snr=1_4_4__13)! Hurry:)

kickercrazyguy
09-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Sent! Hope I got them right, been looking forward to this game for a LONG time :grin:

Dappzor
09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Done:) Lets hope i'm one of the 3! What an amazing game:-)

ljrce
09-29-2011, 09:17 PM
i sent mine in a few hours ago

Deezul
09-30-2011, 12:10 AM
did this morning.........I don't see the game on steam?

weightofast
09-30-2011, 12:37 AM
got mine in, fingers crossed

nascar30
09-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Sent.. Good luck Everyone..

jiveturkey
09-30-2011, 05:36 AM
wen do we see who won

Sneaksie
09-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks for input everybody!

Correct answers are:

1) C) - Low
2) A) - lower the tire pressure
3) B) - lock centre differential
4) C) - clinometer
5) B) - snorkel
6) B) - Ladoga
7) D) - Thailand, Russia, South Africa, Malaysia, USA, Australia

The three winners that gave correct answers faster than others are:

barnestah
MaxVelo
Rien!

They will receive Steam codes for Off-Road Drive (http://store.steampowered.com/app/200230/) and 1C Racing Collection (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8796/).

Because of many answers received, we managed to scavenge additional two keys just for Off-Road Drive (http://store.steampowered.com/app/200230/) game without the 1C Racing Collection bonus for runners-up:

peanut butter
kickercrazyguy

Congratulations! You should receive your activation codes in a matter of minutes.

barnestah
09-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Yippy!!! Well happy not only do I never win anything but I have been waiting for this game for ages & I am totally skint until tomorrow as I've had to pay blasted pet bills grr.
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Rien!
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Yippy!!! Well happy not only do I never win anything but I have been waiting for this game for ages & I am totally skint until tomorrow as I've had to pay blasted pet bills grr.
:grin::grin::grin::grin:
Exactly the same here! Was als waiting and stoked to hear about the release date, thanks people from 1C for this contest and for this game! Hope you guys are already thinking of a next one!?;)

kickercrazyguy
09-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Thank you sooooo much for adding runner-ups! You guys are great :cool:

luke gr
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Thank you sooooo much for adding runner-ups! You guys are great :cool:

Excuse my Ignorance, but what's 'runner-ups' ? :-?

kickercrazyguy
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
They extended the winners 5 places. 4th and 5th received the game without the 1C Racing package, I somehow squeezed into 5th place :cool:

barnestah
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Excuse my Ignorance, but what's 'runner-ups' ? :-?

Damm you Luke your so ignorant!! Lol! Just kidding mate.
It's just the people who did not win (in this case come in the top 3) but were the closest to the winners. As they had more prizes to give.

luke gr
09-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks m8! :cool:

SuzukiSamurai
10-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Lame contest, the first 3? It's not because I didn't won but why didn't you just put all the names of the people who answered all the answers right in one box, and just let a volunteer pick the 3 names instead of the first 3?? Nobody actually had the same chance. Many people are in a different region and when you launched this contest for example I was asleep so I definitely had no chance and probably a lot of other people will have faced the same problem. I will never get how you guys think, do and act at the 1C-company. o.O And this is not to talk shit about you guys, I just think it's weird the way you guys approach your customers... I'm gonna buy it anyway, I played the demo, it wasn't bad, it doesn't have free roam but I'll give it a chance.

ShawnK116
10-01-2011, 03:18 AM
yeah so i saw the contest BEFORE any one posted a response for it and probably sent the answers in but i didn't bother with it, KNOWING they didn't take the time to make it actually fair(yes i'm born with a brain.. and REALIZED this wasn't fair AT ALL!!!!!!)
... cause ya know making a contest that isn't fair for EVERYONE is totally a good ideal...
here's my contest... lets see who answers first overall between different time zones soooo i expect everyone to stay awake or be online this forum to answer!!!
whoever answers first wins..
do YOU think it was fair the way they did it?

SuzukiSamurai
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
yeah so i saw the contest BEFORE any one posted a response for it and probably sent the answers in but i didn't bother with it, KNOWING they didn't take the time to make it actually fair(yes i'm born with a brain.. and REALIZED this wasn't fair AT ALL!!!!!!)
... cause ya know making a contest that isn't fair for EVERYONE is totally a good ideal...
here's my contest... lets see who answers first overall between different time zones soooo i expect everyone to stay awake or be online this forum to answer!!!
whoever answers first wins..
do YOU think it was fair the way they did it?

No lol, not fair. And then again, why not keep this contest for 3 days, let a lot of people answer and pick the names out by a volunteer. All I see are people who have never been on the forum that won lol. Because they just saw the anouncement on facebook. :(

barnestah
10-01-2011, 12:39 PM
No lol, not fair. And then again, why not keep this contest for 3 days, let a lot of people answer and pick the names out by a volunteer. All I see are people who have never been on the forum that won lol. Because they just saw the anouncement on facebook. :(

I can see your point about being asleep an such but there have been many competitions I have not had the chance to win for the same reason. So it's not just 1C. + I'm not on Facebook.