PDA

View Full Version : Asadex's Realism Mod 2.0

asadexes
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Thats the updated version of my mod
-real troops scaling
-updated movement speed
-camera mod ( improved zoom in and zoom out )
http://files.filefront.com/Fantasy+Wars+Realism+Mod20rar/;9560210;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy it and
Make a backup of overwritten files

Daystar
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
What do you mean "Real troop scaling"

can you give screenies?

asadexes
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Screenshots

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/asadex/s_Feb-07_14-12-57.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/asadex/s_Feb-07_14-14-14.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/asadex/s_Feb-07_14-16-24.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/asadex/s_Feb-07_14-18-26.jpg

bigmit37
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for creating mods. Just got the game, and happy to see people working on it.

asadexes
02-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Thankyou,
I wait for suggestions:grin:

Alex Mars
02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
How hard is it to create a mod? Could you write up a quick guide to mod creation?

bigmit37
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
How hard is it to create a mod? Could you write up a quick guide to mod creation?

Well, I haven't look at the tools, but I think the only released map tools right?
They would need to release the SDK for bigger mods no?

I am new to the modding scene, but I think the bigger modding games like Half life 2, UT Series release some sort of SDK for mods.

So it must be a lot tougher with out those tools.

asadexes
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Modding this game is very easy, expecially if you know how to use xml language.
First download Open XML Editor
is a free xml editor, you can use it to open the many xml files that rule the game

All the game variables are coded in xml strings in xml files

Download, for example, my mod
there is an xml file with all the camera variables, joust change
the parameters like zoom or angle and see the result.

There is also a Unit Avatars xml file that is the one who rules all the parameters of the units models like the scale, the animation speed and many authers.

Try to look in to the folders and try to change the parameters, but pay attention to make everytime a backup of everything you change!!!

The first thing i can teach you is how to change the size of the models.

1) open the Data\gamedata\units folder and search for unitAvatars.xml file
2) open this file with the xml editor
3) Each model string starts with the model name and after various model parameters
4) search for the parameter called <f_modelScale>1</f_modelScale>
5) Change it in <f_modelScale>0.5</f_modelScale>
6) now your unit model will look smaller
7) Do it for all your models and you'll have a real scaled mod, infact in this way all the troops will be scaled down to be in scale with the villages and the authers object in the game

like this
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/asadex/s_Feb-07_14-14-14.jpg

bigmit37
02-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Ahh thank you.

But I guess adding new things would be difficult right? Like new items, or new types of units.

asadexes
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
i'm adding new unit types mixing the model parts of the existing units working on Unit Avatars file
Each unit has an head, a body and two handed weapons, you can mix each one in the way you want
So you can create new troops, new heroes and new specials.

Map editor will automatically see the new files and you can put them in your maps

bigmit37
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
i'm adding new unit types mixing the model parts of the existing units working on Unit Avatars file
Each unit has an head, a body and two handed weapons, you can mix each one in the way you want
So you can create new troops, new heroes and new specials.

Map editor will automatically see the new files and you can put them in your maps

Sounds good. I should play around a bit, since this may be simple enough for even me to do.:grin:

bman654
02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
what we cannot seem to mod right now are new names for things. So if you add a new unit or perk, I don't think you can give it a new name. The problem is the names are stored in an encoded localization file and the developers have not released any information on the encoding scheme. I decoded what I was able but finally reached a point where I could not finish without more information.

asadexes
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
what we cannot seem to mod right now are new names for things. So if you add a new unit or perk, I don't think you can give it a new name. The problem is the names are stored in an encoded localization file and the developers have not released any information on the encoding scheme. I decoded what I was able but finally reached a point where I could not finish without more information.

Not true,
i created foot_knight_spearmen
the name is a variable coded in the xml file
you can also to mod it directly from the editor

Daystar
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the look of the mod. Is it possible to change how many units are displayed?

asadexes
02-09-2008, 12:01 AM
yes, changing formations, but each men represent 1 hp point so i think it will be better to increase also hp and this would ubalance the game.
I'm trying to find a solution but, at the moment, i'm working on new heroes for RPG mod, excracting models from the troops and using it as a single model.
I need the classic heroes like the warrior ( i'll use the foot knight model ) the elf, the thief ( i'll use the ranger ), and others.

Maluzu
02-11-2008, 03:55 AM
This mod is very nice! Much better than the original sizes!

asadexes
02-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks!

asadexes
02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm working on grass scaling but i can't find the parameter

Rando
02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Asadexes,

I just got the game and have been playing around with the editor. Is it possible, either in the editor or in the xml, to either modify hero names or create new heroes that you know of? For example, I might want to take an existing hero and give it a new name or create a new hero entirely and get it to show up in the editor so I can place it on a custom map. Do you know generally how I could go about doing that? I wanted to ask you since it seems you are very knowledgeable about both the editor and how to mod the game.

Thanks for any advice.

asadexes
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes is possible,
Using xml you make a new hero, you give him a model and textures, and editr will see it.
I'm making some new hero for RPG mod using a foot knight as warrior, a mage as ehm mage, and others.
Try and remember to make a backup of everything.
Remember also to post your results:grin:

Rando
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi -- Thanks, Asadex, I see how to modify the xml files (and will be sure to post my results). One other question -do you know how to change the ingame portrait - the portrait that appears in the interface? I got how to add units and change the meshes but was also trying to figure out how to either change the in-game portrait or, ideally, import some of my own portraits and link them to the unit. Any tips? Thanks for your contributions.

asadexes
02-15-2008, 11:17 PM
i don't remember exacly but somewere there is a .dds file with all the potraits inside, you can mod them or assign a free slot at your new hero.

asadexes
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Asadex Realism Mod 3.0 is incoming

Devean
02-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Asadex Realism Mod 3.0 is incoming

What changes to v2.0 will there be?

asadexes
04-13-2008, 02:54 PM
-new factions
-new scaled objects
-new formations