PDA

View Full Version : What us Luftwaffe pilots suffer 8..(

Richie
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Yes:

Because I fly 109s you wouldn't believe the crap I have to put up with from my extreme right wing friends. Me and my boss were in a tattoo place and he blurts out "Hey shorty here want's to get a Swastika on his forehead"....I just about hit him! I'm even for gay marriage lol. I'm as far from a right winger as you can get I just love 109s and other Luftwaffe aircraft. So here is what I want to know, what does the English expression Bod or Baud mean? What is it short for? I heard a Hurricane pilot call Otto Schultz a Baud or Bod after being shot down by him saying to the ground AAA crew. "Why didn't you shoot at that Baud?" My point is if my friends want to make fun of me Baud or Bod doesn't sound too bad. It got so bad at one point I almost quit my job. They'll see something that bugs you and they'll keep pushing the needles into the cushion. You know what I mean?

bongodriver
09-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm British so I think I can help.....'bod' is nothing bad.....I think it's a short for 'body' so is used to make a generic reference to a person, never heard the expression 'baud' though.

Richie
09-24-2011, 11:48 PM
See 4:40 on the time line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf5ebCzzMOE&feature=channel_video_title

whoarmongar
09-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Blimey, I thought the Hurricane pilot was a bit restrained calling the 109 pilot a "bod" after he had shoot up the hurricane after it had landed.
I would have called him something else after such a close call.
It would still have started with a "B" and ended with a "d" mind you.

Richie
09-25-2011, 01:27 AM
He is quite calm isn't he. Schultz would want to totally wreck the aircraft though.

whoarmongar
09-25-2011, 01:41 AM
I have to agree. however having been shot in the hip and having such a close call if it had been me the air would certainly been blue.
Im not saying he was not a legitimate target.
After reading Cloistermans memoirs ( a Frenchman serving in the RAF) about him straffing trains in France etc you soon realise vertually any target in war is legitimate.
How many French civilians were killed by allied bombing raids on France ?
After the German navy enigma codes were broke allied planners "allowed" west bound convoys to be intercepted by u-boat wolfpacks so as not to alert the Germans to the fact that their codes had been broken.
compared to this one man attacking a single landed Hurricane in the desert is no great moral dilemma.
Yesterday someone badly cut me up on the M25, I called him everything under the sun, had he actually tried to kill me on purpose i would not have just called him a bod.

Richie
09-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Shorty is a Bod...I like it :)

I'm 6' 5" hence Shorty

ATAG_Doc
09-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Honestly my close friends do this all the time. But I do the same thing. It's a mind game. They get a kick out of you reacting. If they didn't like you they wouldn't bother you. Consider it a virtual man card of acceptance. Stay above them by not letting it show. Come up with one of your own that irks your buddy(s) and play that card. I always play the http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/timraffety/race_card.gif card. Very effective.

Richie
09-25-2011, 05:44 AM
You're totally right timej31.