PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Town!

barnestah
09-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Couldn't help it, just had to post this just in case the forum bursts into action next friday.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HXefD41wI

luke gr
09-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Love your comparison barnestah :-P

barnestah
09-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Not too sure if anyone else gets it? :)

On the plus side I really am very much looking forward to the release date. As I have been playing many other games this week and apart from FEAR Extraction point, the Off Road Drive demo kept me entertained for ages. And it's only two tracks and on key board.
I can't wait to try game pad or maybe even my steering wheel & foot pedals!

I love the way I don't feel in any kind of rush to finish. Even tho that will probably change if it means getting to a new track or winning a new truck. :-P:-P:-P

luke gr
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
...I love the way I don't feel in any kind of rush to finish.

Yeah, that's a weird feeling, but very pleasant too.

SuzukiSamurai
09-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah, that's a weird feeling, but very pleasant too.

Another proof we need free roam. I don't want to finish first. I want to drive as fast as possible, the slow as necessary. And not to race over the track. But probably the developpers never got off road.. And if so I would be pleased to hear their off road adventures. And driving your mom's SUV doesn't count hahaha. :-P

luke gr
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
...And not to race over the track. But probably the developpers never got off road...

Actually, I like more the Idea of following a certain path/route, than driving all around everywhere. But that's just my personal taste.:p

barnestah
09-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeh! I must agree there really, tho it may seem strange to say.
As good as free roam would be It can become dull. I like the fact they are using the official rules of the sport the are recreating.

No free roam certainly will not put me off purchasing the game.......But It would be good as an add-on.

ShawnK116
09-27-2011, 07:30 PM
your just a silly gamer that has no clue to offroading and the RUSH of going OFF (OFFroad,and neither do the dev's apparently..) the beaten path and making your own decision as to what you want to get over next. SURE its gonna have races JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RACING GAME... that's worth bout 10 bucks if not free...
having the capability of just driving around and challenging yourself WHEN and WHEREVER you want is ALWAYS gonna be better then a set race...
lets face it MANY would agree sometimes you play a game to pass the time by doing what ya want and don't bother with the main races or missions...
such as GTA4 or just cause 2 or FUEL or the driver series games or ATV VS MX by the demo it shows you basically your VERY LIMITED to where you can go and that's boring..
so whats the point of having a suped up rig and not truly be able to push it's limits and your own if your stuck on the course

barnestah
09-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeh, Sorry I forgot you know who I am and what 4x4 experience I have. But that is neither here nor there.

I'm not saying it can,t be done but there are always limitations within games be it physics / graphics / cross platform programing / Disc space / but normally money. Most probably all these combined. But as it goes 40+ tracks bearing mind the time they took on complete on the demo seems perfectly reasonable IMHO.

One case in point (DIRT3) Awesome graphics / great physics / Very limited tracks. 11.2 gigs of space on my hard drive after add-on's CodeMasters Have the money to throw at it. Now I do not know of 1c's financial clout but i wager it's way more limited than CodeMasters. And by that measure from what i have seen 1c has done a pretty fine job all in all.

+If you don't like it don't buy it..But for now it's the best thing going. Fuel was awful by the way. And as good as just cause & gta were totally different, they were sandbox in design and not sim orientated at all. but being clever you should know that.;)

luke gr
09-28-2011, 01:38 AM
I wish this game Is 1C's ticket, for some more great things to come :)
If any of the well known big companies, was about to release this game
the whole world would be counting the seconds to September 30th.

Let's support this effort and spread the news, so to have some more great games from those guys.
They seem to make games for gamers not for market.

P.S. Basically, I am a rally fan/gamer for all my life,
but I see some great potentials for the future of racing games here...

barnestah
10-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Couldn't help it, just had to post this just in case the forum bursts into action next friday.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HXefD41wI

How long was that? Two weeks? Back to the desolate wast lands...it could have been so much more.
Correct me if I am wrong but there aren't even any official reviews of this game. Sure it has it's problems & could do with a little tweaking but for what it is 65/75% review rating. It's got be one of there best games so why not advertise it.???

Nike-it
10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
How long was that? Two weeks? Back to the desolate wast lands...it could have been so much more.
Correct me if I am wrong but there aren't even any official reviews of this game. Sure it has it's problems & could do with a little tweaking but for what it is 65/75% review rating. It's got be one of there best games so why not advertise it.???

There are several reviews already. For example check here: http://n4g.com/channel/off-road-drive_pc/reviews

barnestah
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks Nike-it, I had been looking but not found any till now & now there is loads..

Well done, I think is the over all response from me;) generally not a bad game and in today's tough climate for better and better games OFF ROAD DRIVE 3 scores admirably.
Hope you guys are pleased and can take any criticism constructively. As I read a few echoes from previous forum post's by the reviewers that could have been implemented in to the game. (free Roam) for instance. how ever i am not going to go on about what could have been.

Well done 1C Finlay a worthy Car/Off road game from you guys. keep it up..:grin:

chansuke
10-14-2011, 05:10 AM
I like how THIS gets admin attention but little else does. Also, none of those reviews are from what id call 'legit' reviewers. I wanna see some big names on there.

EDIT: Also, multiple inexplicable bannings of several members.