PDA

View Full Version : Why are you shooting yourself in the foot?

Lio
02-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Why are the main website for this game in russian only? I mean guys get a grip. You live in a global world where its easy to get information out to alot of people. The means to do this is called "The Internet". Im sick of seeing small developers typical of russian or eastern european origin makeing these stupid mistakes and equal stupid publishers who dont get what its all about.

There is NO excuse for having a russian only website for this game when it should atleast be available in english since this is the main language of the web and pretty much anyone who uses the internet/gameing today can read it and write it to some extent.

Dont you want people to be able to get infomation about the game?

Well anyway good luck with the game, it looks interesting but wont save my money for it, since i dont speak russian and have no clue whats it about, but guess ill check back later and see if you have gotten your site up.

Lio
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Just been givin a link to the english site. It seems its a subsite of the russian. But why on earth isnt there a link to the english site from the russian just as there is a link to the russian and japanese site from the english? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

And its the russian one that comes up when you google King's Bounty. Seriously fix it. Its suppose to be easy to find.

Oh yeah and while im at it why isnt there a link to the official website of the game from the publishers website for the game?

rakeltner
02-02-2008, 06:26 PM
What was the english link?

KingImp
02-06-2008, 02:58 AM
When I read that 1C was one of, if not the largest Russian developers, I had hope that they wouldn't make mistakes like Nival does. I'm hoping this lack of thinking on their part doesn't equate to a bad product like Heroes of Might and Magic 5 was upon it's initial release.

Anyway, this is the link to the only English site I've seen, but the last it's been updated is October 2007. Doesn't seem like they are keeping up on it for a game that they should be heavily promoting.

King's Bounty - English site (http://www.kingsbounty.ru/eng/index.php)

Anatoly
02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
The answer is pretty simple - the English web site is being currently tested and fixed and hasn't been offilially launched. Plan to do it this month with some additional content.

Daystar
02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
What you've got so far will keep me satifsfied for a while.

Anatoly
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
What you've got so far will keep me satifsfied for a while.

We'd like to have as much info and assests as possible, so still working on this one. More to come.

rakeltner
02-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey KingImp, thanks for the link! I had not seen it.

dapre
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
The answer is pretty simple - the English web site is being currently tested and fixed and hasn't been offilially launched. Plan to do it this month with some additional content.Yeah, good answer. Dont START with a english site..The link on Gamespot still leads to the crappy russian site...tsk tsk...