PDA

View Full Version : Men of War Vietnam activation through Steam

Nike-it
09-22-2011, 07:26 AM
From now on all retail and digital versions of Men of War: Vietnam can be activated through Steam. To activate please use the GameSpy multiplayer CD-key included in the package. After activation you will be able to upgrade the game to Special Edition (http://store.steampowered.com/app/63940/) with an DLC, available exclusively on Steam.

Attention to owners of Special Edition: please note that due to technical reasons all versions will be recognized and activated as Standard Edition.

Captain_P_McAllister
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
i just got men of war vietnam from play.com and i tried to activate it. it sais ive got an invalid serial number. ive checked and the only two codes ive got are a 'securom code' and a 'gamespy code' non of them work. ive heard you can activate the game of steam but i dont know how, plz can somebody help???

Gypsy39
09-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I know for Assault Squad I had to link the game to my GameSpy account by setting it up through the multi-player menu in the game, then I was able to register it on Steam, before I did that it wouldn't work for me.

Captain_P_McAllister
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
how do i get on the multiplayer menu without going through the bit were it asks you for a serial code

Captain_P_McAllister
09-22-2011, 04:44 PM
or just tell me how to activate men of war vietnam on steam.

Captain_P_McAllister
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
a reply would be nice

SpeedWolf
09-22-2011, 07:53 PM
You would need a gamespy Cd key, then

1 - go to steam,

2 - go to game

3 - go to activate a product on steam

4 - hit next and then Enter your gamespy CD key

5 - hit next and your done.

Nike-it
09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
a reply would be nice

Have you tried to go online with your gamespy key?
If it doesn't work please send report to our support: support@1cpublishing.eu

mvaljave
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Have you tried to go online with your gamespy key?
If it doesn't work please send report to our support: support@1cpublishing.eu

Same problem with my game, cannot activate on steam, cannot play multiplayer, always invalid cd key i've sent mail to support.

Windmaker
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
According to what Nike said - will it be possible to activate special edition on steam in future? I'm asking because I have a Polish realise version which include DLC and I would like to have it in game same as game in steam to have it auto update.

Nike-it
10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
According to what Nike said - will it be possible to activate special edition on steam in future? I'm asking because I have a Polish realise version which include DLC and I would like to have it in game same as game in steam to have it auto update.

No, as I said any version will be recognized in Steam as standard edition.

mushroomcar
01-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Hello,

I'm wondering if i activate my game on steam, will it permanently be associated with that - meaning will this restrict me from playing the game outside steam if i install it again like it's intended? (install without steam after i've added it on steam=possible?)

Thanks,
Shroom

Fred DM
02-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering if i activate my game on steam, will it permanently be associated with that - meaning will this restrict me from playing the game outside steam if i install it again like it's intended? (install without steam after i've added it on steam=possible?)

Thanks,
Shroom

i don't think so. after all, how would your installation program know you've activated the game on Steam?

redtails
10-16-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm trying to Update my Men of war vietnam mutiplayer I have 1.0.4 & it keeps saying that if I Want to join dedicated I Need 2.0.4. but Steam say there aren't any updates so no one is on mutiplayer!

ERASER_M
12-31-2013, 03:02 PM
I can't activate my German Retail (by Peter Games) on Steam. The Gamespy-Key is not valid if i entered it on steam :(