PDA

View Full Version : GEM Editor in MoW: Vietnam

ugopierini
09-17-2011, 09:22 PM
My complicate solution :

I put Assault squad editor + AS localization.pak (previusly renamed vietnam

one localization2.pak)+ steam_api.dll(dunno why) in movv main dir. Then AS

talk.set in resource\set\ . Extracted from file e2.pak construction files

in resource\entity\construction\ , then i renamed file e2.pak to ee2.pak.

Modified all files wood_spark.mtl, roof_spark.mtl , wall_spark.mtl in

resource\entity\construction\vietnam\ [open them with notepad and delete

the line ( emission )]. Last i extracted the file #dlg_ingame.lng from the

as localization.pak in the movv localization directory. Open it with

notepad , duplicate lines with all Russian names and rename one "RUS" with

"VIET".

steve1316
09-17-2011, 11:35 PM
ugopierini, i did your solution step by step but when i start the editor, it says there is an error for the talk.set in resource/set. It says i need to define "human_phrases", "phrases", and "phrase_voice". Is there a solution to that?

ugopierini
09-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Try to add these 2 lines
("phrase_voice" args %0 viet 1 %1)
("phrase_voice" args %0 viet 2 %1)

In talk.set file (between others "phrase_voice" lines)
Have you got the assault squad editor or men of war one? Maybe are a bit different.
With my "way" i can create new maps or modify game maps and create new missions without helicopters ( they need to be modified)

Force10
09-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Awesome stuff ugopierini! If you could make an Assault Squad type skirmish with the editor I would be happy to try it! Keep up the great work!

Razw
09-18-2011, 11:24 AM
My complicate solution :

I put Assault squad editor + AS localization.pak (previusly renamed vietnam

one localization2.pak)+ steam_api.dll(dunno why) in movv main dir. Then AS

talk.set in resource\set\ . Extracted from file e2.pak construction files

in resource\entity\construction\ , then i renamed file e2.pak to ee2.pak.

Modified all files wood_spark.mtl, roof_spark.mtl , wall_spark.mtl in

resource\entity\construction\vietnam\ [open them with notepad and delete

the line ( emission )]. Last i extracted the file #dlg_ingame.lng from the

as localization.pak in the movv localization directory. Open it with

notepad , duplicate lines with all Russian names and rename one "RUS" with

"VIET".

Can't you make a video showing how you did this? It would help alot, thanks :)

steve1316
09-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm using the AS editor. I did what you said but it didn't work. :(

Man o' war
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
You can still use the old editor but you would have to fix some game file like the localization.pak because is lock and you need to make a new one like a mod, only a experience modder should do this as to many mistake can happen if not done correctly.

Are you using AS Editor or the other one?
And are helicopters working in your editor?

and no i'm not one of that modder that can help as this is to hard to explain and just thinking about it give me a headache.:confused:

Did you place it in the "mods" folder in MOW/MOWAS?
If you did, can you please make it downloadable at a site like MODDB? Thanks ;)

SpeedWolf
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
To: Man o' war

and no i'm not one of that modder that can help as this is to hard to explain and just thinking about it give me a headache.:confused:

What part of that you didn't understand?

ugopierini
09-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Steve same phrase error or another one?
Anyway another thing to do :
extract file luma.fx from AS gamelogic.pack (it's in \resource\shader\postprocess\ create the same directory in vietnam and put the extracted file there.

For helicopters :
extract from vietnam game.pak the file helicopter.ext (it's in resource\properties\) put it in same directory in viet. Open it and write ";" (without "") before line {BlowEffectTimer 1.0 } . Then extract the directory -vehicle from vietnam e1.pak (resource\entity\-vehicle) Then in resource\entity\-vehicle\helicopter open 3 files: uh1.def,uh1_b.def,mi4.def(very similar). Write ; before {TakeOffTimer 5}
{minDifferentAngle 10} and
("armor_medium" args 1.0)
Maybe it's better to move e1.pak from resource\entity\ to another directory.

steve1316
09-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I think it is the same phrase error. Luma.fx didn't do anything. Maybe you could upload your talk.set to somewhere like mediafire. My talk.set could be different from yours.

spray_n_pray
09-19-2011, 03:17 AM
I am starting a page on how to port MoW gem editor. Here is the link https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

I have just began the process, so not everything has been tested yet. If you wish to contribute, pm me.

Force10
09-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Thanks to the tips I can get the GEM editor working with Vietnam entities. Once you create a mission, how do you load it in MOWV?? It is all a wash if there is no mod folder support and you cant load it.

Razw
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM
First off I wanna say I suck hard @ these kinda stuff, but I gave it a try. And followed every step untill the one were I was supposed to go into the resources/set/talk. Well here comes the problem, I got no set map in my resource's map. I've tried the ctrl-F and find it, but it only says there is no map with that name. Can some1 help me?

ugopierini
09-19-2011, 06:56 AM
nice work spray . Try also to add the helicopter part.

Force10 that's a prob but you can put your own mission in a game campaign directory. I know it's not a clean solution but for now i don't know if there are other. Backup your campaign and copy your mission file in,for example, map\single\1\1_1
Razw i didn't undersend well your prob.

Razw
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Well I've copied all the files you were supposed to do. Then you're supposed to go into set/talk and change the names and stuff. But there is no set file in the files i've moved. So I kinda need some help finding it.
I can easier explain this via skype, just add me; Suvorov276. If you got it. Thanks.

ugopierini
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
ok you will find talk.set in Assault squad gamelogic.pak file. Extract it in Vietnam resource\set directory

spray_n_pray
09-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Guys, there is mod support, though there is no mod tab built into the game. The easiest way to add custom maps to the game is to create a new campaign and add it as a mod. You can find information here https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/mod and here https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/creating-a-campaign

If you have any question or run into problems, let me know.

ugopierini
09-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Tnx spray i can confirm it works perfectly.

Gypsy39
09-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Good job guys, keep it up!

Razw
09-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Awesome stuff.
The only heads down was that I found it quite hard. So maybe a tip or something, put the finished folder and everything and make it download able. So people could easier get acces to it. Just an idea dont know if it will work tho.

James6584
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
If it was downloadable then hell yeah, as it is I don't trust my ability to go messing with folders etc, but still, good work :)

Man o' war
09-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Ugopierini & Spray I tried to make it your "way" but i got confused with all those files and editing them so i messed up and had to re-install the games :)

If you guys could make a video explaining the steps or make a mod folder and make it downloadable, I understand it's very complicated and boring and it would take away your time and all that, but it would be appreciated by all of us.

Thanks anyways for all your trouble ;)

ugopierini
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry but i can't make a video. I know it isn't easy . You can ask here if you have problems.

Man o' war
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Yes I have a very LARGE problem :grin:

I am not very sure about messing with folders and all those files and everything else :confused:.

Another problem is: some of the files you have mentioned in your "way" are either missing or have some other names ( I don't know what files)

I appreciate all your help but I'm just not good at that sort of stuff, I'm more like the "download the mod" kinda guy :rolleyes:

Let's just hope that they make a patch or something with an editor :roll:

ronin88
09-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Would you be so generous and sent me your packed editor for Men of War Vietnam because I can not create it myself. All the time I get errors

spray_n_pray
09-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Just added more information on how to get helicopters and Vietnamese buildings working in MoW GEM. https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

If one looks at the page, one can see that making a video for this process would be fairly laborious and boring. Sorry, I don't think I will make a video tutorial about this.

I don't think that I can legally distribute mow_editor.exe, mss32.dll, and xvidcore.dll. However, it may be ok to distribute everything else.

In any case, let's continue to hound 1C for a proper GEM editor for MoW:V.

ronin88
09-22-2011, 03:33 PM
All the time I walked according to the instructions but when I opening any mission in the editor still show this error

>>>>>>> main
>>>>>> world: load map "/ map/single/2/2_1/mp"
>>>> file "/ map/single/2/2_1/mp"
>>> file "/ entity/construction/vietnam/naves_1/naves_1.def
>> file "naves_1.mdl"
> file "roof_spark.mtl"

I don't know what to do . Please help

spray_n_pray
09-22-2011, 04:40 PM
All the time I walked according to the instructions but when I opening any mission in the editor still show this error

>>>>>>> main
>>>>>> world: load map "/ map/single/2/2_1/mp"
>>>> file "/ map/single/2/2_1/mp"
>>> file "/ entity/vietnam/naves_1/naves_1.def
>> file "naves_1.mdl"
> file "roof_spark.mtl"

I don't know what to do . Please help

Looks like you need to comment out {emission} in construction/vietnam/naves_1/roof_spark.mtl.

Anyone that has errors with :
"wood_spark.mtl"
"roof_spark.mtl"
"wall_spark.mtl"
"cover_spark.mtl"
"floor_spark.mtl"

needs to comment out {emission}. Whenever I have time, I will write a script that finds all the occurrences of those files and comments out the offending line. Until then, just do it manually whenever you encounter a problem.

Man o' war
09-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Nice work, spray!!

Is the information done or is there more things to do to make it all done? :)

spray_n_pray
09-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Nice work, spray!!

Is the information done or is there more things to do to make it all done? :)

Thanks you! I think there is still more work to be done to have close to 100% working MoW:V GEM editor. So, if anyone continues to have problems, post on this thread, and redirect other people with problems here. I just hacked together a script to recursively scan for the troublesome .mtl files and comment out {emission}. It is a vbs script in correct_emission.zip, posted at the bottom of the page here https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

Here is a direct link https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam/correct_emission.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

To use the script, unzip the vbs file anywhere and double click on it. Find the directory that you want to scan. If you want to look at the code of the script, just right lick on the file and click edit.

ronin88
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Ok I have another problem kidy I click in the editor on what any soldier that kicks me out of the editor and shows me this error

The program will be terminated
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 007f39c9 eip = 0x00000004 read at
eax = ebx = 04472f38 ecx = 00000000 000000000
edx-02a1f358
esi = 0444e498 edi = 00000000 esp = 0018d004
>>>> main
>>> mp.thread_single.exec
>> thread.exec
> clockThread: onExecute
Can you help me ?

ronin88
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok I have another problem kidy I click in the editor on what any soldier that kicks me out of the editor and shows me this error

edx-02a1f358
>>>> main
>> thread.exec

spray_n_pray
09-22-2011, 09:59 PM

edx-02a1f358
>>>> main
>> thread.exec

Does this happen when you click on any type of soldier, regardless of what faction they are? If this only happens with Vietnamese units, you need to follow the instructions about modifying localization.pak .

Man o' war
09-23-2011, 02:50 PM
spray I have a question about the "gem_vietnam" directory.

Where do you have to put this directory?
In MoW:V main directory or somwhere else? :confused:

Thank you very much. :)

ronin88
09-23-2011, 03:17 PM
It happens when I click on any unit and do not know what to do

ronin88
09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
And when it comes to instructions that I can not open batch_open_mowv.zip

spray_n_pray
09-23-2011, 09:13 PM
spray I have a question about the "gem_vietnam" directory.

Where do you have to put this directory?
In MoW:V main directory or somwhere else? :confused:

Thank you very much. :)

It can be anywhere.

spray_n_pray
09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
It happens when I click on any unit and do not know what to do
Which editor are you using, MoW or MoW:AS? Which localization.pak are you using, MoW, MoW:AS or MoW:V? Make sure to use MoW or MoW:AS localization.pak, not MoW:V.

And when it comes to instructions that I can not open batch_open_mowv.zip

Don't use batch_open_mowv.zip. Use the script in correct_emission.zip. All you have to do is unzip correct_emission.zip and double click on correct_emission.vbs.

someonemustgethurt
09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Spray_n_pay, I also currently have the same problem as ronin and I used the MoW localization as well as the AS version when I saw that the former didn't work.
Additionally, I do not have the vietnam folder within my construction for some reason.. I unzipped all the files listed multiple times trying to fix it with no avail.
If you could, can you please upload the vietnam folder? (I figure this would be the easiest solution now)

Thanks
-Sum1MustGetHurt

spray_n_pray
09-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Spray_n_pay, I also currently have the same problem as ronin and I used the MoW localization as well as the AS version when I saw that the former didn't work.
Additionally, I do not have the vietnam folder within my construction for some reason.. I unzipped all the files listed multiple times trying to fix it with no avail.
If you could, can you please upload the vietnam folder? (I figure this would be the easiest solution now)

Thanks
-Sum1MustGetHurt

I will soon put out a patch with instructions on how to build a working MoW:V GEM editor.

In other news, I figured out some of the Vietnamese names. Just look on my site in the section where #dlg_ingame.lng is modified.

Man o' war
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to that patch, spray!! :grin:

PS Nice Avatar! :)

Man o' war
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM
spray, you are my hero! :grin:

I did everything by your instructions and it works!!! :grin:

The only problem is that you need to fix the comment_out_emmision.zip file cause i tried to do it with that and all it does is this:

; [emmision]

Every time you tell it to comment the "emmision" out, it adds ;

But everything else works!! :grin:

spray thank you very much cause your editor works :!: :!: :!:

Also, I noticed that the comment_out_emmision.zip file may not work for all of the files ( it may not delete the "[emmision]" in some of the files). I think most of those files are roof_spark.mtl , but i'm not 100% sure, so you'll have to check manually...

I deleted all of the "[emmision]" manually and now the houses work just fine! :cool:

Force10
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Also looking forward to the patch Spray!

x4127
09-26-2011, 08:50 PM
hmm when i spawn infantry and click on them in the editor, it just crashes, any ideas?

spray_n_pray
09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
hmm when i spawn infantry and click on them in the editor, it just crashes, any ideas?

A couple of questions:

Which editor are you using, MoW or MoW:AS?
Have you modified localization.pak per my instructions?
Are all infantry types causing this, or just some?

spray_n_pray
09-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Since Windows does not come with a diff/patch tool, I am having to figure out out which tool I want to use. If anyone knows of a tool that can scan directory trees, look at the differences in the files, and create a binary patch that resolves the differences, let me know. For now, I will try use a TurtoiseSVN tool to create a diff/patch file. I will post more details soon.

haha1428
09-26-2011, 11:46 PM
i am having trouble looking for the talk.set file. i have everything else all fixed up and ready. can someone help me? ive been looking in the e2.pak file in mow:as but i cant find the file.

spray_n_pray
09-27-2011, 12:20 AM
I have created a patch that corrects the pesky MoW:V config files that crash MoW GEM editor. Here it is https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam/mowv_gem.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 Here is the updated tutorial that explains how to use the patch https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

Force10
09-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the effort Spray! You did get me a lot further because I can open Vietnam maps now with out it hanging up on entities. I get these errors when I click on a unit in the editor.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1323/error2rz.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3553/erroracb.jpg

I have seen you mention that you need to do the edits to Localization to fix this but not sure what exactly. I ran your program and I got the impression it was going to fix this. I am using AS editor. Thanks!

haha1428
09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
i am now having trouble with the patcher. i followed all the directions and when it stated that i should chose the folder that i created for copies of things. all it tells me is that there is no file to update. ive tried to move the folder out of the vietnam directory and all other sorts of things but it didn't work

ronin88
09-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Hello I have a problem with your patch and sounds exactly as

File not found - resource / texture / textirequality (eiorepository.cpp, 274)
> main

I read and follow instructions but it brought me to this error that I can not even open the Editor
Help

x4127
09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
spray im using the MoW editor, not AS and every time i click on an infantry unit it just crashes for all of them, not just some. should i redo the process?

spray_n_pray
09-28-2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the effort Spray! You did get me a lot further because I can open Vietnam maps now with out it hanging up on entities. I get these errors when I click on a unit in the editor.

I have seen you mention that you need to do the edits to Localization to fix this but not sure what exactly. I ran your program and I got the impression it was going to fix this. I am using AS editor. Thanks!

You point out an unclear part of my instructions.
The patch does fix the #dlg_ingame.lng that is located in the localization directory. So you should have copied localization.pak from MoW: AS into a directory where you are building your MoW: V GEM editor. Then create a directory called "localization" and unzip localization.pak into that directory. Follow the rest of the tutorial. I have updated instructions (and added screenshots!) on my site to make this more clear.

Those that are having problems with the editor crashing when clicking on infantry should try this fix. If the problem persists, start the tutorial from the beginning.

CowmanDK
09-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey Spray n pray! My editor works now thanks!! But one little thing, my helicopters are flying like a plane :o (They can't not hold still in the air) :D

Force10
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Spray, your fix worked for US troops in the editor. Now I can click on them and get their properties without crashing, Thank You! I cannot click on any Vietnamese troops however...it still crashes to the desktop. I did do the copying of russian names and creating "viet" names fix way back so I dont think thats the problem.

haha1428
09-28-2011, 11:39 PM
i have a problem starting

File not found - resource/set/registry.reg (eiorepository.cpp, 274)
> main

in the steps i saw screenshots of the folders and in the resource folder.
i dont have:
map
properties
set
shader
texture

spray_n_pray
09-29-2011, 12:03 AM
i have a problem starting

File not found - resource/set/registry.reg (eiorepository.cpp, 274)
> main

in the steps i saw screenshots of the folders and in the resource folder.
i dont have:
map
properties
set
shader
texture

I think that you did not unzip resource\game.pak. It contains those directories.

commie_b
09-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Hey spray... i made this account mainly just to thank you because my editor is hell fine...and i also wanna tell ya that my choppers flying like airplane... can you "fix" this... beside im ready for anything... file modifying, download another patch, or anything but please tell me how to fix this man... because the vtol helicopter is one of the best feature offered by MoW:V... then thanks a lot...

someonemustgethurt
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the guide spray! My MoW:V editor is now fully functional besides a few minor bugs. Would you mind if I uploaded a tutorial on how to do this on youtube? (with contributor's names included, of course) :)

-Sum1MustGetHurt

P.S. you should note that your patch is only compatible with the original MoW localization. I found this out after getting errors when trying to patch some files in the AS version. :P

Gypsy39
09-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the guide spray! My MoW:V editor is now fully functional besides a few minor bugs. Would you mind if I uploaded a tutorial on how to do this on youtube? (with contributor's names included, of course) :)

-Sum1MustGetHurt

Yes please!

CowmanDK
09-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Hey there! The patch file whit the name: mowv_gem. When i have chosed my folder it says something like: #dlg.ingame.ing unkown version. :(

commie_b
09-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Hey... anybody experienced weird helicopter take off... in the editor... please "fix" this, because everything went fine except this issue... thanks a lot...

someonemustgethurt
09-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey there! The patch file whit the name: mowv_gem. When i have chosed my folder it says something like: #dlg.ingame.ing unkown version. :(

The problem is your localization file. Spray's patch, thus far, only works with MoW localization, not MoW:AS localization. To fix this, just remove your current localization file and replace it with the vanilla MoW version instead (unzipped).

Cheers,
Sum1MustGetHurt

commie_b
09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
aaarrrrggghh !!! nobody hears my petition... come on guys...

CowmanDK
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM
The problem is your localization file. Spray's patch, thus far, only works with MoW localization, not MoW:AS localization. To fix this, just remove your current localization file and replace it with the vanilla MoW version instead (unzipped).

Cheers,
Sum1MustGetHurt

It was the MoW localization.. :(

someonemustgethurt
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
It was the MoW localization.. :(

In that case, have you tried swapping it with the AS version? The error notification is directing you to the source of the problem (which is located in your directory). You may want to consider patching it manually as shown in the advanced users section in Spray's tutorial.

-Sum1MustGetHurt

Kamikaze-taichou
09-30-2011, 08:39 PM
When I try to shoot using the direct mode, the game crashes, anyone could help me?

Leatherneck
09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Spray

Thanks for you efforts so far in creating an editor for MOW V and Wonder if you can help me out with this:

When I try to load any game missions in the editor I get the following type of crash / message:

>>>>>> main
>>>>> mp.thread_single.exec
>>>> thread.exec
>>> clockThread: onExecute
>>world:load mission "/map/single/.....whichever mission I am trying to load...
>file "/map/single/.....whichever mission I am trying to load...

2985: {<<Helicopter1}
2986: {BlowEffect Timer 1}
2987: }
2988: }
2989: {Entity "mi4"0xc09c

The numbers vary but the text is always the same, even happens when I don't think there are any Helicopters in the mission.

Thanks

LN

Kamikaze-taichou
09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
I could not use helicopters, always gives error, moreover, the correct_emission.zip not work, and still gives error trying to open the maps ....

Kamikaze-taichou
09-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Is there any way to put the files into the error of the helicopter and build files for download?

CowmanDK
10-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey there! Do anyone know how to fix the helicopters? :(

Force10
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Spray, any ideas how I can fix the crash when I click on viet troops in the editor? As I mentioned before, the US troops seem to be fine now its just the Viet troops that give me issues. If I get this fixed all will be good!

Thanks!

t_rockro
10-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Where are the buddha objects in MOW;V editor ?:(

commie_b
10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Spray, any ideas how I can fix the crash when I click on viet troops in the editor? As I mentioned before, the US troops seem to be fine now its just the Viet troops that give me issues. If I get this fixed all will be good!

Thanks!

All you have to do is delete your gem vietnam folder, and start over using spray's instruction (link on page 3).. Because spray just updated few new steps and most importantly, the patch.. I solved the crash on infantry, map, chopper and vietnam building by doing this... Now the issue i got is that the chopper wont take off vertically like we saw in the game..

Force10
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
All you have to do is delete your gem vietnam folder, and start over using spray's instruction (link on page 3).. Because spray just updated few new steps and most importantly, the patch.. I solved the crash on infantry, map, chopper and vietnam building by doing this... Now the issue i got is that the chopper wont take off vertically like we saw in the game..

I actually did start over and it did fix everything EXCEPT viet troops so I have no idea whats going on.

spray_n_pray
10-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, I am going quickly address some of problems people have mentioned with MoW:V GEM editor.

Helicopters do not behave correctly inside editor.
This has to do with modifications in the MoW engine. I don't think there is anything that can be done to fix this. All that I know is that people seem to have better luck with helis using the MoW editor rather than MoW:AS editor.

MoW:AS editor does not work with my patch/workarounds.
I used the original MoW for my patch/workarounds. I have not tested them with MoW:AS GEM editor. Those have had success with MoW:AS GEM editor, let me know the steps you took to get it working.

General editor crashes when playing missions.
Due to additions to MoW:V engine, missions should not be played from within the editor. Create and edit inside GEM, debug and playtest with the game.

Leatherneck
10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Spray

Apologies if my question in my previous post didn't make sense, but what I was basically saying was that the Editor was crashing whenever I try to load one of the original game missions.

Is it not possible to edit any of the games original missions in the editor?

Whatever the answer, thanks anyway as I have been having success making my own missions and editing DCG generated missions too. I have always prefered playing DCG skirmish missions anyway (with both forces set to AI by the editor it gets rid of those anoying floating health bars, which has always spoiled the realism of MOW games for me).

Regards

LN

commie_b
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
One more thing though, I also can't add the sky (f3 then f6)on my map. I mean the vietnam sky was there and also clickable but when i click it, my whole map become foggy and i can't even see the landscape... Anybody experiencing same problem?? Thanks...

Leatherneck
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Commie

I experienced this to start with.

To fix, you need to disable 'Haze'. F6 takes you to environment settings, double click next to 'enable' under haze.

Regards

LN

Kamikaze-taichou
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
File modification in a helicopter, I did not understand what I have to change, someone might already modified the file for download?

commie_b
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Commie

I experienced this to start with.

To fix, you need to disable 'Haze'. F6 takes you to environment settings, double click next to 'enable' under haze.

Regards

LN

This is what I like the most about forum, it fixes things.. Thanks a lot guys, especially you Leatherneck, you're the man..

Ms601
10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Looks like you need to comment out {emission} in construction/vietnam/naves_1/roof_spark.mtl.

Now when you say comment out that would be remove?
I ran correct_emission and still have the problem when trying to add naves 1&2 to the map.

spartan005
10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
hello all

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad english
I'm french ^ ^

I saw this tutorial to successfully walk a editor for a men of war vietnam
https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

I thought I had succeeded (I can be misunderstood, but I really thought you managed to do everything as in the tutorial)

But here when I run the file mowv_gem.exe

j'obtient: This program can not uptade the installed version of Man of War patch editor gem Because of the Following reason: C: \ users \ ***** \ Desktop \ gem_vietnam \ localization \ # dlg_ingame.lng: unknown version.

But I took the file localization.pak of the men of war directory and I extract (and delete)

I do not understand could you help me?

thank you in advance and thank you for your work to finally have an editor what I dream ^ ^

(i use google traductor because my first post was to bad with my English ^^ so if i have make error i'm sorry ^^)

spray_n_pray
10-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Now when you say comment out that would be remove?
I ran correct_emission and still have the problem when trying to add naves 1&2 to the map.

The script puts a semicolon in front of {emission} to comment it out.

The directory gem_vietnam\resource\entity\construction\vietnam\n aves_1
contains the fiiles wood_spark.mtl and roof_spark.mtl. Make sure to either delete of comment out {emission} in both of these files.

spray_n_pray
10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
hello all

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad english
I'm french ^ ^

I saw this tutorial to successfully walk a editor for a men of war vietnam
https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam

I thought I had succeeded (I can be misunderstood, but I really thought you managed to do everything as in the tutorial)

But here when I run the file mowv_gem.exe

j'obtient: This program can not uptade the installed version of Man of War patch editor gem Because of the Following reason: C: \ users \ ***** \ Desktop \ gem_vietnam \ localization \ # dlg_ingame.lng: unknown version.

But I took the file localization.pak of the men of war directory and I extract (and delete)

I do not understand could you help me?

thank you in advance and thank you for your work to finally have an editor what I dream ^ ^

(i use google traductor because my first post was to bad with my English ^^ so if i have make error i'm sorry ^^)

Does C:\Users\*****\Desktop\gem_vietnam\localization\ contain the file #dlg_ingame.lng?
http://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam/screen2.png

spartan005
10-10-2011, 03:10 AM
yes I have his

I had a file localization.pak (I took in men of war (and not vietnam. as in the tutorial)
I extracted with IZArc (the only software that I find to extract the .pak file)

so I do not understand :/

(# dlg_ingame.lng 29 kb can be made ​​that I have the wrong version .... I had my game in steam)

spartan005
10-10-2011, 03:18 AM
I opened the file and I see in it a kind of lexicon with each translation

An example of the first lines:

{tags
{"actionbar"
{"attack" "Attaquer"}
{"attack"
{"action" "Attaquer les unités ennemies"}
{"usage" "Cliquer sur une unité ennemie pour l'attaquer. Cliquer sur une destination pour ordonner à vos hommes de s'y rendre."}
}
{"attack_ground" "Attaque au sol"}
{"attack_ground"
{"action" "Attaque au sol"}
{"usage" "Choisir où effectuer un tir de couverture."}
}

Maybe the problem is simply to: my game is translated in french ^ ^

Why me !!!!!!! x)

MACV HQ
11-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Some of our guy have been working with the editor, wanted to know if anyone know how to get the preset for Naplam to work?

Thanks

bavariasquad
11-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone, sorry bad writing, I'm just Francais.Je this link: https://sites.google.com/site/sbobovyc/mow/gem-vietnam and I do not understand the second step "unpacking files" is that file???

aranwe
01-28-2014, 12:21 PM
There is an error in helicopters
please help me

http://i.hizliresim.com/wv5jBp.jpg (http://hizliresim.com/wv5jBp)