PDA

View Full Version : Map Editing

Evgeny
01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Discuss the maps your edited and share your thoughts on this topic here.

primus360
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks a lot for this very nice editor - a fantastic game and a wonderful editor!
I did my first map without any problems, so i think the develepors did a very good job and the publisher can be proud of them.

Maybe i have one or two questions:
- Is there any possibility to create a named unit in a certain division.
For me it is at the moment not possible to do this, because the new created unit seems not be be in any division, even not in the default one.
- Will it eventually be possible, that the developers will make one or two enhancements to editor/fantasywars in near future :)
If not, then please make a FW2 in the next days .)

Congratulation to all people envolved in developing/distributing this absolute first class game.

P.S. Why are there only a few posters in this forum, perhaps because i had to search a lot for finding it, because there is no link at fantasywars-thegame.com .

Skelos
01-31-2008, 07:49 PM
- Is there any possibility to create a named unit in a certain division.
For me it is at the moment not possible to do this, because the new created unit seems not be be in any division, even not in the default one.

Did you find how to create new divisions for certain fractions?
First of all, you have to create division for your unit in the fraction of that unit.
Division may be even empty.

If you want to put the newly created unit on the map to the certain division, you need just to select unit's properties by right click on it and then select the division in the first window.

If you want to create new unit from triggers, than you need just use the right command, that attaches newly created unit to the certain division. I will be able to say the exact name of that command tomorrow.

asadexes
02-01-2008, 12:31 AM
My first map
Is a single mission game, a kill'em all mission to clean a large area from goblins, full of artifacts and quests.
I'm trying to make a full RPG map but i need to know if there is a way to make a trigger that, moving an unit in a point, load automatically a new map.

That's the link to my map, try it , i wait for any suggestions
http://files.filefront.com/Asadexrar/;9549248;/fileinfo.html

primus360
02-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Skeleos wrote:
If you want to create new unit from triggers, than you need just use the right command, that attaches newly created unit to the certain division. I will be able to say the exact name of that command tomorrow

Yes that was my qestion, if you create a named unit with triggers, i cannot find any possibility to attach it to a division.
And this newly created unit is not attached to the default division.
You have only division commands for influencing the AI-units, so it is necessary to have a command to put units into divisions.

Skelos
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Use "Unit - Create a unit with the specified name at a specified division" command.

primus360
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks Skelos!

I have been blind, yes this unit command exists and it works!

Maybe you have answers to:
- What does 'Test deploy' do in fraction properties?
- What is the difference between: "Positional defense" and "Hold an area"?
- Is the only possibility to heal a unit in triggercommands with casting a heal spell?
- Any idea, how to make a little campaign or at least 2 missions where units and
attributes from the first mission end are given to the beginning of the second one?
- Is it anyhow possible to set 2 AI fractions to friendly to each other?

This game is nearly perfect, so i will tomorrow go and buy a second license to play with my wife
and if multiplayer is the same fun i will buy additional licenses for my children:grin:

primus360
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice mission asadexes, thanks!

asadexes wrote:
but i need to know if there is a way to make a trigger that, moving an unit in a point, load automatically a new map

Yes this will lead us into campaign and i don't know if the developers/publisher want us to be able to create one by ourselves.
I also posted this question in this thread.

Skelos
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks Skelos!
Maybe you have answers to:
- What does 'Test deploy' do in fraction properties?
- What is the difference between: "Positional defense" and "Hold an area"?
- Is the only possibility to heal a unit in triggercommands with casting a heal spell?
- Any idea, how to make a little campaign or at least 2 missions where units and
attributes from the first mission end are given to the beginning of the second one?
- Is it anyhow possible to set 2 AI fractions to friendly to each other?

This game is nearly perfect, so i will tomorrow go and buy a second license to play with my wife
and if multiplayer is the same fun i will buy additional licenses for my children:grin:

1. 'Test deploy' adds its units to players deploy, when mission is started from editor.
2. "Positional defense" - Division will search best place nearby to defend (often it is a city).
"Hold an area" - Can't be sure, but it seems, that division will go to the specified area and will attack any oponnent encoutered. As soon as division make it to the specified area it will wait for enemies. (The name of command doesnt match it's meaning, sorry) Will take a look on it tomorrow.
3. Healing spell - Yes, I think it is the best way to heal unit.
4. Unfortunately there were no such option, as player-made campaigns in Fantasy Wars. But we added it to the upcoming extension. (It was already out in Russia). There will be Campaign Editor and In-game interface to support user-created campaigns.
5. Same with friendly fractions. We have no such functionality in FW, but we already done it in its extension.

Hope you will enjoy multiplayer. Good luck to your wife.

Devean
02-02-2008, 02:03 PM
4. Unfortunately there were no such option, as player-made campaigns in Fantasy Wars. But we added it to the upcoming extension. (It was already out in Russia). There will be Campaign Editor and In-game interface to support user-created campaigns.
5. Same with friendly fractions. We have no such functionality in FW, but we already done it in its extension.

Yeah! Splendid! Way to go! And so on :)

Now, to only hope that Cenega Poland will publish the extension...

I've got another question: forgive me, if the answer is there in the editor. But I still have to wait for the game :( Is it possible to mod the units, i.e. modify their stats/names/attributes in the editor? And will it be possible also for an entire campaign (say to change knights attributes for both existing and newly purchased units all throughout the campaign)?

And, um... will the English European editor work with the Polish release? Or will I have to wait for Cenega to localise the editor?

asadexes
02-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Asadex's Map updated version

http://files.filefront.com/Asadexs+mission+n1rar/;9563682;/fileinfo.html