PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone actually gotten to a mission were you get to call in reinforcements?

Gwyndon
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Pretty much the thread title.

Anyone gotten to a mission were you cap points for $$$ then spend it on units like more infantry or tanks?

I like those missions MUCH more than the *sneak 5 people around the map auto-saving after each kill and kill 125 infantry without being detected* type missions

So if you have.. please post the name of the mission here :) ty!

overall however I must say I'm a bit disappointed with this MOW game... theres only like 5 units for the 2 factions ( no i don't count a guy with an ak 47 different then a guy with a mosin unit wise) and the assault squad type missions were my favorite.

Ninja2dan
09-19-2011, 03:12 AM
As far as the campaigns go, there really isn't much support. You might have a mission that gives you a couple of light bomb runs or helicopter missile strikes, but that's about it.

There was one of the US missions, don't recall the name, where you were able to call in up to two M48's and some infantry. But you won't see missions that offer dozens of vehicles and platoons of troops as backup.

So far, the entire focus on this game title has been small-unit tactical combat. So you'll be using small teams of highly-skilled forces, with objectives focused more on stealth. This was already made clear in the game descriptions and previews long before the game was released. The fact that you are given a suppressed rifle on every mission is also a pretty big sign.

reggs
09-21-2011, 01:08 AM
this is the problem with the game. If you are like me you started with Assault Squad which was more about spamming vs killing units to take your objective. Now it's more about hoarding moriphine and making sure that one guy you have doesn't die in the blink of an eye which happens so often it almost becomes comic.

TLDR They need to make a skirmish mode.

Fred DM
09-21-2011, 07:43 AM
this is the problem with the game. If you are like me you started with Assault Squad which was more about spamming vs killing units to take your objective. Now it's more about hoarding moriphine and making sure that one guy you have doesn't die in the blink of an eye which happens so often it almost becomes comic.

not saying you're wrong, but squad-based missions like those in Vietnam have always been a big part of the series. Soldiers: Heroes of WWII and Faces of War focused almost exlusively on small-scale operations. Men of War and Red Tide also had a fair percentage of stealth-based missions.

what about the bonus missions that come with the Special Edition? :confused:

ugopierini
09-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I made a custom mission with reinforcement button so with editor it's possible.

James6584
09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
reggs, in fairness that's your opinion, and not saying you are wrong, but that's because you STARTED with Assault Squad, a lot of the other games are a bit more of a challenge where you have limited troops. To be honest I prefer that than calling in reinforcements. I like to know exactly what I have and what I can achieve realistically.

Say a mission with 10 men only, can i really storm that MG bunker and take over the gun? No. In Assault Squad I can just save up points for a big toy and destroy that MG bunker. I like to have to work with what I've got, not be able to just call in extra stuff.

Ninja2dan
09-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Assault Squad was the "odd-ball" of the series. From the first titles like S:HOWW2 and FOW, leading into MOW, all had plenty of small-unit combat. There of course were larger maps, some of which focused on larger-scale battles with multiple vehicles and support elements. But overall, nearly every title in the series has relied mostly on fixed-unit combat (meaning a set force, not reinforcement-based).

Assault Squad was different because the primary focus of that title was towards multiplayer. While previous titles had some form of MP co-op, it wasn't their strong side. New players kept begging for competitive MP, and so AS was born.

MOW:V information has been out for quite some time, and it was made pretty clear early on that it would be geared towards small-unit "Special Ops"-type combat. In other words, it was following the same general approach as the previous titles. If someone was expecting MOW:V to be a MP-heavy large-battle game, they failed to read the game description.

Right now the game as released is in an "early" stage. 1C has always been good about listening to feedback and doing what they can to help make their customers happy. Due to a lot of feedback, they have already released a patch that permits play of the US campaign from the start. We've also heard talk that an editor will be supplied in the future as another update/patch. I'm sure that as time goes on, we might be seeing content updates such as additional campaigns/missions.

If you purchased the "Standard Edition", you should already have access to a few co-op MP missions. If you purchased the "Special Edition" you also have access to some competitive MP missions as well as some bonus SP missions.

Gwyndon
09-28-2011, 01:35 AM
I stared with S:HOWW2 as well.... but i must say i liked assault squad the best... if they charged 5 bucks or something for some missions with AS like SP maps and reinforcements with overtime income... id be perfectly happy