PDA

View Full Version : Expansion or Stand-alone for Fantasy Wars

Danny
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Gamers & Developers,

Just wondering if the developers are planning on an expansion or a stand-alone for Fantasy Wars.

Was thinking that an expansion may somehow restrict the storyline and hence the races, type of units, etc.

Stand-alone may offer new stories, new lands, new races, etc.

Been a fan of turn-based strategy games since "Master of Magic" in the early 1990s. Perhaps a non-linear storyline for Fantasy Wars in future is good for gamers to choose their fate. I remember in "Heros of Might & Magic 2" the good can switch to bad & vice versa (loosing some bonus in the process since switching sides make a particular mission much easier)

Maybe Fantasy Wars in future can also involve neutral or minor races which can be hired using gold or persuaded to join the cause of a particular side by underhand or justified means.

Example:
Main race = Elves
Minor race = Wild or Ice Elves
Specials = Wild Elves can control terrain and cause enemies to become very vulnerable in forest, swamp, etc (e.g. defense rating drop by 3 to 4) and Ice Elves can have frost attacks in their bows, swords or spears (effectively combining "poison" attack and "armour piercing") or maybe they can ride on ice bears or some other creature that can "trample" on non-mounted units.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for "listening"

Danny

LordFu
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
From what I've gathered, an expansion is currently on the way, and a full sequel is being planned.