PDA

View Full Version : I can see the recent MoW players, but the SHoWW2 players

kane1
09-15-2011, 05:13 AM
OK, playing the first NV mission(Hard), getting my butt kicked, saving constantly, looks great, long missions, shooting down Huey's, love the "m79", love the "m134", hate the trees, love the small squad, lots of enemy's, lots of time to think(so far), very tweakable. I can see if you started with MoW that this game might not be for you, but if you started playing SHoWW2 and you liked that, I don't get why you hate this game. So far it's great. Just the kind of game that started me on this series. Yeah I know this game has issues, issues you would think would be already fixed, but I play to have fun, this game delivers for me. I like it.

SpeedWolf
09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I feel the same way, the problem are the new players who got started from assault squad who never played the other series of this game, so they don't know any better,

i myself follow the series from 2004 and the single player campaign that let you play on all side are the part that i enjoy the most, for me assault squad was a total let down due to the lack of good single player campaign that the series have for so long,

I'm happy that 1c didn't forget about us, who played the series for so long by giving us Red Tide and now Men of War Vietnam, an hopefully Men of War Condemned Heroes,

Fred DM
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I feel the same way, the problem are the new players who got started from assault squad who never played the other series of this game, so they don't know any better,

i myself follow the series from 2004 and the single player campaign that let you play on all side are the part that i enjoy the most, for me assault squad was a total let down due to the lack of good single player campaign that the series have for so long,

I'm happy that 1c didn't forget about us, who played the series for so long by giving us Red Tide and now Men of War Vietnam, an hopefully Men of War Condemned Heroes,
+++

this. i did pick up Assault Squad precisely because of its skirmish mode, which i felt was missing in the previous installments, but generally, i prefer a good singleplayer campaign over skirmish, co-op and competitive MP.

James6584
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I really enjoyed Vietnam, yeah it's hard, but it makes you think about what you are doing. And the traps are a nice addition. As for people saying it's too hard to see and everything, I think it is a great representation of an overgrown jungle and forces you to see only what your men can see.

Not heard of "Condemned Heroes" may have to look that up. :)

SpeedWolf
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
To: James6584

Same team that made red tide and Vietnam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEgw83gJeI

it good to know that I'm not the only one who is enjoying Men of War Vietnam, see Photo (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596948515401304460/70AB8EFFC9D26439D1F1398BC96FCBBBC35E94DC/) and that mission it far from over :grin:

this is off topic but I'm looking for a co-op player on steam, so if anyone want to play a co-op game with me, just add me on steam: TIGERvsWOLF

Slowhand
09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Couldn't agree more with the OP. When forum posts began complaining about MOWV's difficulty I thought 1C had finally gone over the top in a franchise already renowned for its grueling gameplay.

However, after playing the first VC mission, I realized that these opinions most likely came from inexperienced players unfamiliar with the franchise. As a veteran of the series since SHoWWII, I easily beat the level w/o breaking into a cold sweat. We'll see how I fare on the remaining ones. I'm not terribly worried, though.

Regarding the often raised second complaint: having closely followed the game's development, I'd always anticipated squad-level, commandos style missions, not big battle scenarios. In fact, MOWV reminds me of the series' lesser known second title: Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of World War II.

So far, I'm enjoying MOWV very much, and am grateful for this addition to one of my favorite franchises.

Fred DM
09-16-2011, 01:57 PM
However, after playing the first VC mission, I realized that these opinions most likely came from inexperienced players unfamiliar with the franchise.

either that or players who are accustomed from Men of War and Assault Squad to throwing dozens of units and vehicles against the enemy.

Regarding the often raised second complaint: having closely followed the game's development, I'd always anticipated squad-level, commandos style missions, not big battle scenarios. In fact, MOWV reminds me of the series' lesser known second title: Silent Heroes: Elite Troops of World War II.

the game's description always said - from the start - that players would be in control of a small US special operations team and a small squad of Soviet advisors and North Vietnamese officers. it was obvious that the game was going to be about small-scale squad-based operations, not huge conventional offensives. i guess people don't read product descriptions anymore.

James6584
09-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Wow SpeedWolf, nice screenshot! I never thought of holding my ground I just made my way up through the jungle. I shall be replaying that level soon :D

Also Condemned Heroes is looking pretty nice, I think the story for that sounds awesome, really enjoyed the Penal level from Men of War and can't wait to get some more!