PDA

View Full Version : Attacking the bridge : Stuck

Kweetni01
09-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Can anybody tell me how I can attack the bridge in the thrid level? It just won't work: :-(

TakAhLah
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Get your sniper and flank the nearest US guard post...you want to be on the left side of the 2 morters. at max sniper range(69m) then kill the 2 US troops who man the mortars. Wait till the other US troops reman the mortars and kill them... repeat until they stop trying to man the mortars. Then send in the rest of your squad to mop up...on the same side that your sniper was firing from.

Once you have mopped up, turn the morters on the other US guard post and blow them up. Walk one man to the center of the bridge to control it.

You'll then have to defend the bridge from attack...but I'll leave how you do that up to you.

Kweetni01
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I'm going to try this later on...

Kweetni01
09-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Pff, I just can't seem to find the right spot to position my sniper. I keep getting shot.

James6584
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I attacked from the right, where there is a slight slope I believe. Enemies struggled to engage me and I was picking them off, I used 2 riflemen to cover me as well so if they did get close we killed them.

As for killing the people on the other side, move down and use the mortars to bombard their side, this should get rid of all their troops over there, or at least enough that the sniper can then pick off the final few :)

Just be careful as I think there is a barrel which can be knocked over, trapping you in the small section with the 2 mortars, when this happened to me I had a guy hide behind the sandbag bunker thing and in the counterattack he was really useful for throwing grenades and picking off advancing enemies.

Kweetni01
09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks guys, I got the bridge. :)

But now I have to survive the counter attack. I think it's just a lot of luck, so I'll have to keep trying.

James6584
09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I found having most of your men on the far end and like 1 guy hiding on the near end + the AI made it kinda easy.

Fletchers
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
sry for bad english...

SPOILER WARNING

nearing the bridge, there´r snipers in the trees (one left/right) when aiming one of ya squad, you´ll see the red cross growing, so keep moving...;
snipers are invisible, till shooting. to clear out, rush trough the forrest. when ya squad is near enough the´ll kill him. (maybe you need a few tries)
left the bridge is a tree, you can climb/enter... the silenced gun member is very useful... use ap grenades to clear out the mortars & bunker and smoke grenades to cover your squad;

holding the bridge... read posts before