PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam update

Sneaksie
09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
We're planning to release a small update tomorrow that will fix syncronization issues while playing coop between standard and special editions and unlock US campaign from the start due to popular demand.

If you had encountered an issue with GameSpy server list (servers disappear from the list after a short time, happens on Vista/7), you can use the following workaround until a solution is found - run the game using Administrator privileges. You can set this up by opening Properties of the game executable, going to Compatibility tab and checking the 'Run as Administrator' option.

Fred DM
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
good to hear. :)

Sneaksie, can you also tell us what the matter with Steam activation of non-Steam copies is? Janys1C has stated on the Steam forums that it should be possible, and Steam-exclusive DLC would suggest so, but so far no one has managed to do it. :(

if it should indeed be possible, as it was with Assault Squad, is it being worked on?

Sneaksie
09-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I hope i'll be able to give you information on this matter tomorrow. Currently only Steam offers DLC that upgrades standard edition to special, the rest of distributors sell one edition or another with no possibility to upgrade AFAIK.

Fred DM
09-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope i'll be able to give you information on this matter tomorrow.

i appreciate your looking into this matter. :)

Currently only Steam offers DLC that upgrades standard edition to special, the rest of distributors sell one edition or another with no possibility to upgrade AFAIK.
exactly. and if you guys release additional DLC in the future, only those who've bought the game on Steam would be able to purchase and play it. :( Assault Squad, which has Steam-exclusive DLC, gets around the issue by letting everyone activate their copy on Steam, regardless of where it was purchased. i'm hoping it will be the same with MoW: Vietnam.

djsatane
09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
We're planning to release a small update tomorrow that will fix syncronization issues while playing coop between standard and special editions and unlock US campaign from the start due to popular demand.

If you had encountered an issue with GameSpy server list (servers disappear from the list after a short time, happens on Vista/7), you can use the following workaround until a solution is found - run the game using Administrator privileges. You can set this up by opening Properties of the game executable, going to Compatibility tab and checking the 'Run as Administrator' option.

excited to hear this.

Zombifreak
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Now to fix everything else :(