PDA

View Full Version : Wait for it to be in the bargain bin

foxster
09-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I've finished the VC campaign (to overstate 5 skirmish missions) and most of the US campaign (similar number of minor missions) and I'd strongly recommened you not to pay the full price for this game.

MOW:Vietnam is a handful of skirmish missions where the enemy AI has been made stupidly hard even on easy setting by the devs to string out the length of the missions. If I'd paid $5 on Steam as some DLC I'd have been OK, paying the price of a full-price game is just wrong.

Don't expect any of the huge maps with hundreds of units and an involved mission story line. There is none of that here. Every mission is just 4-6 men wandering about a few checkpoints and killing a few enemies. Expect to need to save and reload and reload and reload and reload because for some reason they have made your guys die to one shot and the enemy have x-ray vision and atomic-powered weapons. All this on maps covered in foliage and so you can't see your own units never mind the enemy.

Expect MOW:V to be in the bargain bin in a few weeks time and pay no more that $5.

kane1
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
You kind of described one of the earlier games SHoWW2, thats the game that got me hooked. One squad against an army(sort of). In that game every dead body, destroyed vehicle, and ammo box held treasure. Repairing and/or capturing vehicles and weapons could turn defeat into victory. You also mention a major complaint that I've been reading over and over again since MoW, "micro-management". If MoWV is like you say then I'm getting it for sure. Constant saving was SOP in that game also. It kept you from having to do the whole mission over again.

Your right about the "bargain bin", but I can't wait.

Fred DM
09-11-2011, 07:53 PM
keep in mind that Steam and other digital distributors are more expensive than others. both GreenManGaming and GetGames are offering promos on the game, at least until tomorrow. so, if you want to pay less you may not have to wait for a Steam deal.