PDA

View Full Version : Good game on easy/coop

Arjuna
09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Been playing today on easy, single player and coop. I get the occasional crash but still happy with what I've seen.

I will check out the mp in the special edition soon. If that works well and the game gets support from the developer, I'm satisfied and don't understand some of the negative stuff on this forum.

Arjuna
09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I've played 10 hours now, all on easy/ coop with 2 other players. The crash issues we solved by getting a guy with a faster processor (i5 2500) than me to host.

When replaying the first North Vietnamese mission I dropped the fuel into a rock and couldn't get it out despite trying to blast the fuel can out with rpg's and grenades... just as we where about to give up, the last rpg shot worked and we completed the mission - classic Men of War and I now fully consider my money well spent.

It would be better with larger scale battles but I'm sure those are coming with an official expansion or mod.

Mack the Knife
09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
have you played that long in just single player mode? my feeling is there's enough negative reactions to this game that it doesn't warrant $35 for me to find out for myself. there is no demo and although you said view the walkthroughs that's still not enough. if the game was $19 maybe, but there are enough people not liking the game to give me hesitation.

Arjuna
09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes, havn't got the special edition yet as I've only seen half the campaign (replaying some missions) .For comparison I played 160 hours of MOW and 118 of MOWAS.

Its still too early to tell whether the £30 will be worth it, seeing as that's also what I paid for Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR and Shogun 2. But I'm along for the ride now, there's no turning back!

TakAhLah
09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
I've finished both campaigns and the bonus missions on normal in 24 hours of game play according to my steam account...the game is now on the shelf, so to speak, awaiting some updates or an editor.

I have all the MOW titles and this one is the worst of them all in my opinion...and it is a real shame as it could have been so good, but it seems it has only recieved a half hearted effort.