PDA

View Full Version : Greenmangaming Special Edition

krispyclean
09-10-2011, 04:37 AM
I purchased the Special Edition off of GMG and was under the notion that it could be activated on steam. I went to enter it in Steam when I was informed that it was an invalid cd-key. I would appreciate any help the mods or someone from 1C could provide. Thank you.

Fred DM
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I purchased the Special Edition off of GMG and was under the notion that it could be activated on steam. I went to enter it in Steam when I was informed that it was an invalid cd-key. I would appreciate any help the mods or someone from 1C could provide. Thank you.

you should be able to activate it on Steam: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24989177&postcount=7

perhaps try it again? there have been problems with CD keys on Steam, so maybe it works once they've sorted them out? :confused:

krispyclean
09-12-2011, 03:48 AM
you should be able to activate it on Steam: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24989177&postcount=7

perhaps try it again? there have been problems with CD keys on Steam, so maybe it works once they've sorted them out? :confused:

I kept trying yesterday and today to no avail. I just hope they can help me get this taken care of since, according to the Janys1C account post over on the steam men of war series forum, it made it seem like any version could be activated on steam.

Fred DM
09-12-2011, 06:32 AM
I kept trying yesterday and today to no avail. I just hope they can help me get this taken care of since, according to the Janys1C account post over on the steam men of war series forum, it made it seem like any version could be activated on steam.

i'm currently trying to figure this out. there has now been a number of reports from people with non-Steam editions being unable to activate their copies on Steam.

i have been told that Assault Squad - which can be activated on Steam - initially had the same issue. only a week after its released did Steam activation for non-Steam editions work, apparently.

i could imagine that 1C hasn't sent the database of non-Steam edition activations keys to Valve yet, so Steam doesn't know what to do with a non-Steam key.

i've asked 1C support about this, but i don't know how quickly they'll get back to me. i'll let you know when they do. you may want to do the same, their email is support@1cpublishing.eu .