PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have to go through NVA campaign first?????

Beylous
09-09-2011, 11:38 PM
I love the game so far, although pretty difficult. By why, oh why do we have to complete the Vietnamese campaign first? I bought this for the American campaign. It's like being forced to play the Germans in a world war 2 game. Is there ANY way around this?

vstrike
09-11-2011, 06:05 AM
To unlock the American campaign go to your user name, documents\my games\men of war\profiles\player or default\game_progress.set and rename the extention to .txt, open it with notepad and change the level to 3, save it, rename the extention back to .set and play the Amercan campaign.

HotdogMan
09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I finished the first 2 missions of the VC, and then wanted to get American campaign, so did this, and all of my memory is gone -.- My saved games still work, but I can't continue til' repeat both missions. >.<

vstrike
09-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Sorry HotdagMan, but it does work, the best way for it to work is if you want to start out with the American campiagn from the start.

Fred DM
09-12-2011, 06:20 AM
are there actually 2 separate campaigns with 5 missions each, or is it one continuous 10-mission campaign? :confused:

Nike-it
09-12-2011, 06:23 AM
There are two separate campaigns with 5 missions each.

FAdmiral
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM
To unlock the American campaign go to your user name, documents\my games\men of war\profiles\player or default\game_progress.set and rename the extention to .txt, open it with notepad and change the level to 3, save it, rename the extention back to .set and play the Amercan campaign.

If you use Notepad++ (free download), you can open it and make the
change with renaming the .set to .txt & back again....

Fred DM
09-14-2011, 05:24 AM
why don't you just install the hotfix, which lets you pick the US campaign from the start? :confused: