PDA

View Full Version : X52

GF_Mastiff
01-27-2008, 02:54 AM
I had a bad IL2 shut down system reboot problem now the game will not see the X52 throttle controller.

any one know what I need to do? I have 3 tries reinstall and reconfig and the game does not see the X52 throttle controller. have tried to unplug and move it but that didnt work either.

windows xp sp2 see it and responders to it.

-Sulan-
01-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Weird!
I don't have a solution, but did you try uninstalling the game with something else than windows own "add/remove programs thing"? Sometimes certain apps won't uninstall completely and stuff is still left in registries and what-not, maybe stuff about axes?

I don't know, good luck though!!

DD_crash
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Ask on the Saitek forum.Should get help there.

Feuerfalke
01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
If I understand you correctly, your IL2 crashed and took your windows to reboot and now your X52 ceased to operate.

Maybe a dump question, but are you sure your system still works okay? If there was a fatal crash, maybe you have some drivers damaged during the process or there was a critical hardware-problem that originally caused the crash.

My suggestion: Check out the hardware-manager for any other problems (e.g. unknown system components, etc.) Also try to plug another interactive USB-Device in the port you connected your X52 to. Maybe a keyboard or mouse. It's possible that USB-drivers or something with adressing the USB-port was damaged. I'd try to eliminate these possibilities before believing that your X52 was damaged by a windows-crash or vice versa.

Chivas
01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I see that your XP sees the throttle but can you calibrate/andor set the deadzones in either XP or Saitek programing software.

GF_Mastiff
01-27-2008, 04:52 PM
OK THANK YOU GUYS! very much for your help Total uninstall of game and then delete the directories did the trick I reinstall fresh and the IL2 now sees the x52.

Whew, thought I was going to have to give up flying...

_ITAF_UgoRipley
01-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Can you remove your USB ports from the system and let them reinstall at next reboot ?

Edit:
Ok, glad to see you solved it !

GF_Mastiff
01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
from what I'm hereing from other players theres a conflict with surround sound and 5.1 sound system. Because right when the IL2 crashed and caused a windows reboot. I was pressing the push to talk button for Team Speak. Which is also keybind to my X52 throttle thumb button.

BadAim
01-28-2008, 02:34 AM
The drivers for the x52 also suck, you should be careful to always unplug them when you restart your computer as I have found that they besome unstable and cause all sorts of trouble when left plugged in. (always have for me)

Bulau
01-28-2008, 08:01 PM
What sort of troubles, BadAim? My two year old X-52 has started inputting a random right roll now and then. I have always left it plugged in. What's the procedure...unplug...reboot...plug in?

BadAim
01-29-2008, 02:18 AM
I can usually just unplug the controller and plug it back in and it'll work fine, but the big problem is that it interferes with some of the startup programs and I usually have to restart to fix that. As far as the random roll thing, I'll guess that's a hardware problem, I've never had anything like that from the drivers.