PDA

View Full Version : Battle guide

msp
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I think there should be a guide to all the important battles in the game (Karador, Haas, Baal, etc.). Yes, I know there is much information in this forum, but a guide with comprehensive information would be better. It's just an idea...

msp
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Also, a guide about dragon slaying would be nice...

Vulture
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Well, go ahead ! Why don't you just read all the threads concerning these topics and create a compendium out of them on your own ? :>

msp
09-12-2011, 08:48 AM
And how can I see what is good advice and what isn't? I haven't fought Karador yet, I don't have experience with this game.

Vulture
09-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Read them and go fight him and see what works for you and what doesn't. In the end advice is only as good as it is for you personally.
For instance: there is advice on the forums for a very different playstyle than mine. I don't find it useful and it doesn't work for me. But for others it did work perfectly well. This game, by its extreme variety and flexibility is almost entirely subjective in how we experience it and succeed at it :> There is more than one way.

dainbramage
09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Karador:

The first thing is, clear everything before him. People try and take him on at level 18 and wonder why they don't succeed when they're 3-5k leadership short of where they should be.

Put two tanks in the choke and keep the barrier between them alive. If it dies replace it with a ball of ice. Two ranged units behind them and one melee with good damage to get rid of the bone dragons which will be constantly revived. Nearly kill the skelly archer and necromancer stacks. Once you've whittled down a bunch of the stacks kill the crystal. Leave a few vampires alive for infinite mana with which to resurrect your d00dz.

Unicorns of either colour are good as tanks, as are the usual suspects. Inquisitors are pretty much a gimme, and archmages are nice for helping to keep one of the tank stacks healthy. Archers are a bad idea.

I'm doing a replay of KBTL atm (warrior impossible no loss). Did it at lvl 26 with black unicorns/veteran orcs/inquisitors/archmages/sprites.

Dragons: Send a fire-resistant tank up front. Position archers so that a single stack can't prevent them from firing. Avoid lining up units to minimise the damage from fire flood. Dragon arrows on archer stacks. Win. Minimizing losses can be a pain, since it's hard to buy enough time to resurrect your units. Keeping a (preferably green) dragon occupied at the other side of the arena with a ball of ice can work if there are only dragon stacks. If there are lower tier units keep them alive. Balls of ice keep them occupied pretty well too.

Baal I never found particularly hard, nor ever used a particular strategy. Stick a tank in front and use high damage units to kill his guys. Teleport and time back help keep the swaps under control, and mass shackles prevents them.