PDA

View Full Version : Two issues so far

WeeBee886
09-09-2011, 07:24 AM
1. Internet cooperative does not work due to invalid CD-KEY error. The CD-KEY in the box is for Men of War original and Steam provides no CD-KEY for Vietnam. My friend and I had to use Evolve (https://www.evolvehq.com/)'s virtual LAN to play cooperative.

2. On "The Vietnam Connection" (or whatever it's called: level 2 of the game), the person to kill the last enemy during the initial ambush sequence crashes to desktop. The other player who is still left in the game fails the "Meet the Contact" objective and gains control of the crashed-player's units and is given a new objective. The crash-to-desktop error window is shown in the attached image.

Nevertheless I want to thank the developers for their hard work in making another excellent addition to this amazing series. :)

pyrogt
09-10-2011, 06:24 AM
1. Internet cooperative does not work due to invalid CD-KEY error. The CD-KEY in the box is for Men of War original and Steam provides no CD-KEY for Vietnam. My friend and I had to use Evolve (https://www.evolvehq.com/)'s virtual LAN to play cooperative.

2. On "The Vietnam Connection" (or whatever it's called: level 2 of the game), the person to kill the last enemy during the initial ambush sequence crashes to desktop. The other player who is still left in the game fails the "Meet the Contact" objective and gains control of the crashed-player's units and is given a new objective. The crash-to-desktop error window is shown in the attached image.

Nevertheless I want to thank the developers for their hard work in making another excellent addition to this amazing series. :)

For the crashing part, have you tried uninstalling it? Make sure nothing else is running or downloading seeing that Steam is a "Cloud" service. I believe there is an option to Check files, when you right click the game under Library; Try that before reinstalling. Also maybe you want to make sure that Evolve's thing is causing your game to crash. Post a reply to tell me what happens.