PDA

View Full Version : Last minute 4.09 plea/request

Falke
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Last Minute plea (from http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2470&page=11)

If there was one last thing I'd like to see added to this final "Swan Song" patch it is "Weathered/Faded" insignias. ie German Crosses, Roundels, Russian Stars etc. Weathered "default" insignias would be the perfect "last" compliment to all your skins, especially the newest 4.09 skins! The "un-weathered" default insignia kind of take something away from their looks.

I realize that it may not be able to be done as time is a factor, and because your attention is being concentrated on BoB, but I also know that they could be “adjusted” pretty quickly using simple programs like Paint Shop Pro. Maybe 1c could have a “trusted skinner” volunteer to touch them up before the final release!

Anyway, thanks again to 1c for all they’ve done. Keep up the good work. I'll always support your products.

JG53Frankyboy
01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
well, i belive the only chance you have is in using the il2mat manager............

Falke
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Well it can't hurt to ask. (out of desparation) It's the last chance and patch we'll ever see. Besides, il2mat manager, as good as it is doesn't really do anyone any good on-line does it?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Well... they could use directly some of the MAT files from the manager and hardcode them. I doubt, AcesHigh was against it.

Falke
01-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm only guessing here, but it seems like all they'd have to do is open up the insignia tga's, which unlike the Original Il-2 Sturmovik, are locked up to us, run them through a program like Paint Shop Pro, choose Colors/Adjust/Brightness-Contrast and then set the contrast to -20% or what ever level looks good to them, and then save and put back into their FB hiding place.

Personally, I think they'd look really good and more "realistic" on the skins when the "Markings On" option of the sim is being used. Doing so would be, IMHO, one of the last great realism touchs to the sim that will never see another patch.

JG53Frankyboy
01-24-2008, 08:07 PM
.................., il2mat manager, as good as it is doesn't really do anyone any good on-line does it?

?
sure you can use it online - you see all planes on your screen with these il2mat markings.
sure, amother player who diont use this tool still has the default ones.

you only "harm" yourself if using them, because they are more difficult to identify than the default ones - the reason i dont use the il2mat manager as a 100% online player

Falke
01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
I was looking at it from a "realism" point of view. Seems like that's the basis behind the sims creation. "Easy to Identify" doesn't make for realism, but to each his own. I myself go for aircraft shape, but when it comes to easier to identify, I must admit that the white borders of the German Crosses are the easist to see. And yes, I'm a flyer of German planes, but the "stand out" White bordered crosses are not my motivation. Rather, I'm a bit of an all around scale nut, in this sim, in my plastic modeling and my R/C planes and it drives me nuts to see the default markings on the sims skins, especially the new 4.09 skins. They almost make the new skin effort a waste of time.

I can see though how being able to spot German planes easier would be a plus for some, although again, not very realistic. If realism wasn't important to most, all the rooms would be filled with guys flying some pretty wacked out skins! (Yes, some do)

About il2mat manager, while I don't know all the details (I'm going to DL it next) one thing I don't need is another program running in the background while flying. Control Manager for my CH stick and rudder, Team Speak, HyperLobby, Trackir and my Logitec Keyboard Profiler are enough of a drain on my system resources.

NOTE: Not looking to get into an argument or upset anyone. Just looking for "disscussion" and perhaps a last minute change/addition to the last patch.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm only guessing here, but it seems like all they'd have to do is open up the insignia tga's, which unlike the Original Il-2 Sturmovik, are locked up to us, run them through a program like Paint Shop Pro, choose Colors/Adjust/Brightness-Contrast and then set the contrast to -20% or what ever level looks good to them, and then save and put back into their FB hiding place.

Ahhm... did you count them? There is quite a lot of markings, that would be needed to change. Time is the issue here again. But as I said, AcesHigh's files could help it speed it up.

Lo0n
01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I was looking at it from a "realism" point of view. Seems like that's the basis behind the sims creation. "Easy to Identify" doesn't make for realism, but to each his own. I myself go for aircraft shape, but when it comes to easier to identify, I must admit that the white borders of the German Crosses are the easist to see. And yes, I'm a flyer of German planes, but the "stand out" White bordered crosses are not my motivation. Rather, I'm a bit of an all around scale nut, in this sim, in my plastic modeling and my R/C planes and it drives me nuts to see the default markings on the sims skins, especially the new 4.09 skins. They almost make the new skin effort a waste of time.

I can see though how being able to spot German planes easier would be a plus for some, although again, not very realistic. If realism wasn't important to most, all the rooms would be filled with guys flying some pretty wacked out skins! (Yes, some do)

About il2mat manager, while I don't know all the details (I'm going to DL it next) one thing I don't need is another program running in the background while flying. Control Manager for my CH stick and rudder, Team Speak, HyperLobby, Trackir and my Logitec Keyboard Profiler are enough of a drain on my system resources.

NOTE: Not looking to get into an argument or upset anyone. Just looking for "disscussion" and perhaps a last minute change/addition to the last patch.

matmanager doesn't run in the background as far as i know, it just redirects the file search for markings to the folders installed with matmanager.