PDA

View Full Version : Camera movement when making track/video

Kaptein_Damli
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I have edited lots of movies using Lock On FC. In that game, I can just press "F11" in the track edit and the camera is free. I can "film" from whatever angle and move "camera" freely after the plane ie. Is this possible in IL2?
I have also seen videos when you actually see the angle from the bomb. You follow the bomb to its target. How can I do that? Anyone have a keylist on all the cam angles? I know of F2, F3 etc and shift F2, F3 etc. I want to make some movis with this game but need to know all the possibilities.

If you want to see my Lock On movies go here btw:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RobertDamli

KOM.Nausicaa
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Placing some cameras on different heights in FMB gives you already some nice panning possibilities.

Mysticpuma
01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Takes a little bit of magic, gleaned over many years of practise, a Lock-on has a lot of cameras that IL2 doesn't.

Bomb drop can only be achieved by Blue-Screen super-imposing at the moment (that's what I did in Secret Weapon over Stalingrad). Hopefully BoB will have new cameras, after Oleg asked for recommendations from the better Movie-makers out there.

Actually that last-line isn't true.....but I wish it was!

Cheers, a hopeful MP.

EAF602_Joe90
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
You can do some tricks with static cameras by dragging the view position back and forward, but you're stuck with a single camera locked onto your aircraft to view in flight.

To get a free camera filming an aicraft in flight, one way is to fly a 'plane cam' around your subject aircraft and use the wonder woman view as if you are filming the action (makes for a very realistic effect).

If you want to follow a bomb, it becomes real difficult. Like MP says, it's probably easier doing some Blue Screen and CGI work.

One possible way is to use a mouse emulator to zoom out away from an aircraft as the bombs are dropping. Or you could set a stationary camera up where the bombs will hit (you hope) and use the mouse zoom again to follow the bomb in.

This shot toook me AGES to get right:

(go to 5:05 on the timeline)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIUGccIQd4

checkmysix
01-26-2009, 07:20 AM
I have edited lots of movies using Lock On FC. In that game, I can just press "F11" in the track edit and the camera is free. I can "film" from whatever angle and move "camera" freely after the plane ie. Is this possible in IL2?
I have also seen videos when you actually see the angle from the bomb. You follow the bomb to its target. How can I do that? Anyone have a keylist on all the cam angles? I know of F2, F3 etc and shift F2, F3 etc. I want to make some movis with this game but need to know all the possibilities.

If you want to see my Lock On movies go here btw:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RobertDamli

Hi Kaptein_Damli
As some of the guys have said there are static cameras but trying to manually pan is very jerky so try Shift+F5 or F6 for padlocked Fly-Bye.
Also try CameraShip MOD at All Aircraft Arcade.com ,this gives a full 360 degree panarama in flight and on the ground I think(hav'nt tried ground view yet).
Hope this helps;)
Keith:grin:

TUCKIE_JG52
01-27-2009, 01:07 AM
PAT Smoke mod also includes new views so Il.-2 cams are almost equal in possibilities as Lock On.

But Damli, you are asking for cameras and with the original Il-2 1946 at least there it comes a list of keys. Won't you tell you have'nt buy it?