PDA

View Full Version : Flying on one wing

Evil_Shoez
09-04-2011, 10:04 PM
So there I was, blowing He-111's away when i miss judged and took my wing off...

Tried and failed to bail. So I attempt to recover. Using full rudder my one winged hurri made it all the way back to jolly old england to make a forced landing.

How the hell is this possible?? Saved the track if anyones intrested.:shock:

badfinger
09-05-2011, 12:03 AM
You must have been flying on a wing.....and a prayer.:-P

binky9

CaptainDoggles
09-05-2011, 03:05 AM
So there I was, blowing He-111's away when i miss judged and took my wing off...

Tried and failed to bail. So I attempt to recover. Using full rudder my one winged hurri made it all the way back to jolly old england to make a forced landing.

Looks like we've got some FM issues that need to be looked into.

pupo162
09-05-2011, 07:07 AM

it could have been worst:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1s4xGXzVrY

Ze-Jamz
09-05-2011, 07:46 AM

Already been discussed m8... Its a FM issue that needs fixing

It doesn't happen all the time as I've lost wings and didn't have a prayer on saving it or keeping it under control

esmiol
09-05-2011, 08:07 AM
that remember me the story of one F15 :)
-_EXtBEaBbs

SNAFU
09-05-2011, 08:26 AM
109 has the same magic fuslage-lift. ;)

Skoshi Tiger
09-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I was in DCS a10 a while back and I was hit by AAA and both my wings were blown off just past the engine pods. I ejected and got an external view of my plane, It flew straight and level for five minutes before performing a perfect belly landing and comming to a halt!

All sims have issues, at least the Hurricane required pilot input to remain in the air!

beepee
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
You must have been flying on a wing.....and a prayer.:-P

binky9ho ho ho!

Evil_Shoez
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I see :) the belly landing must have been quite a shocker ;) Ive sometimes tried to trim the plane, bail and see what happens. It normally ends in a crater.

Oh well, was still quite interesting :P lol at the hurri with no wings XD

corchard
09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, might these types of issues be less related to an FM issue and more a disconnect between the DM and its effect on the FM?

In other words, perhaps under rare combinations of events the DM doesn't currently convey itself properly to the FM algorithms.

It should be fixed, of course.

Charlo