PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked Up Fantasy Wars Today! Great Game!

Sir Alock
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi All: 1st post in here. I'm an old-timer (42) & have been playing turn-based games since my Intel 386 computer! I played the demo & really enjoyed it, so I rushed out to Gamestop & picked-up a copy.

Soild game, but hard as nails! I got through the 3rd scenario on medium AI & haven't lost a unit yet, but I think I may have to play on easy to stay in the game. This game reminds me so damn much of SSI's Fantasy General, which I loved to death to this day. Wonderful that 1C decided to publish this game & it made it to the US shores.

I understand that were getting a English Map Editor? Good news, because I want to keep playing. What's MP like? Well....I'm staying in tonight & save some money & my liver for the New England Patriots game come this Sunday. Just wanted to chime-in & let you know that this game is really very slick!

Many Thanks!

Alex

KTGH
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, it's great! You should be able to do the human campaign without loosing units and only gold victories (but you'll have to save a couple of times). Don't start on easy, imho you learn the most the harder the fights are.

This game is superior to other strategy games, i.e. you can effectively fake attacks to draw enemies apart. Make heavy use of the terrain and use your special abilities!

I'm also looking for online-opponents, there really ought to be a lobby.

Fantasy Wars is great!

Sir Alock
01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah, it's great! You should be able to do the human campaign without loosing units and only gold victories (but you'll have to save a couple of times). Don't start on easy, imho you learn the most the harder the fights are.

This game is superior to other strategy games, i.e. you can effectively fake attacks to draw enemies apart. Make heavy use of the terrain and use your special abilities!

I'm also looking for online-opponents, there really ought to be a lobby.

Fantasy Wars is great!

Ok...Considering I'm not that far along I'll start over & play on Medium AI. You're right I need to use the terrian more to my advantage. I doubt I'll be able to win on the "Gold" turn taimeframe.

I'm going to put some real time into this game & hopefully get better & try my luck with some MP.

LordFu
01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I also just picked up the game, and it is great!

Sir Alock
01-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I also just picked up the game, and it is great!

Yes..It a fine game, but I'm having a hell of a time on medium AI. I'm in the 5th or 6th scenario within the campaign & I refuse to lose any units! Last night I must have reloaded 8 or 9 times & still no luck! I'm not giving up, just that I need to get better!

KTGH
01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Sooner or later you should have enough units and there are lots of units you won't need anymore, which you can use as cannonfodder/bufferzone.

My favourite units are the skirmishers, place them in a wood when you are sure enemy forces come by. They'll rip them apart.