PDA

View Full Version : New player eagre to learn

SmokeyMcPot06
08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, as the title suggests, I'm a new player. I'm a 3 day old MoW vanilla player, in fact. I've played 4 or 5 of the Russian campaign missions, tried the German campaign as well but got a little bored of "defend this in 5 seconds or everything we ever knew ever is going to die".

So I'm trying my hand at multiplayer. I've got to say, though, that this has got to be one of the most unforgiving games with one of the steepest learning curves I've ever played online. So I'd really like to be able to talk to someone on Skype or Vent or something while I'm having my arse handed to me. I think it'd really help a lot to be able to be told what I'm doing wrong and, more importantly, what I should be doing instead.

Generally, I'm creating my own game and playing on the map 'Workshop'. When the game starts, I've been trying to send one or two infantry into that little suburban area on the left (or the right, if you're team B, I think?) and try to position them in such a way that it gives me a line of sight into the rear of the middle complex area. Failing that, it's just nice to have a longer line of sight than if I just had infantry or vehicles looking down the road. From there, though, I'm pretty clueless.

Attack is supposed to be my main objective, I know, but every time I attack, infantry blow up my tanks and tanks kill my infantry. I've started trying to fiddle around with my infantry by sending one or two over the little wall (again, on my left hand side, near the before mentioned suburban area) and into the complex. I want to use them to find out what's inside this complex but even still, with any information I get, I find that there are AT guns guarding both sides of the map with infantry and tanks in the center.

I'm not really familiar with the AI yet, so when it comes to tank battles I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I like to use the active control or whatever it's called, so I can aim at certain spots on the tank. There's no use in telling the AI to attack, because for all I know they're shooting at the slanted bits and the rounds are just deflecting off. But this in itself introduces a new problem, in that when I take direct control, I move my camera over to the enemy tank and zoom in so I can aim properly. While doing this, however, my tank is COMPLETELY vulnerable, even in my own side of the map. Shall I not zoom in? Can I trust my AI to shoot at tanks and efficiently kill them? Will they pull a CoH on me and show the enemy tank their rear while they battle it out?

I have a lot of questions, too many to ask here and too many to even remember to ask here so, like I said, it'd be really helpful to be able to speak to someone while I fight them. Right now all I'm doing is aggravating my teammates and boring my enemies.

SpeedWolf
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Well do you have steam? and if you do you can add me the name on steam is: TIGERvsWOLF and my Skype name is: Blackwolfone

I'm not very the helpful type but i have friend on steam that you can speak to that maybe able to give you help.