PDA

View Full Version : Ammo help

Rextar
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi guys just joined!!
Ok heres the problem in sp i cannot change the ammo type it reverts back to white tracers .... Any help ??
Thx

Vengeanze
08-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi guys just joined!!
Ok heres the problem in sp i cannot change the ammo type it reverts back to white tracers .... Any help ??
Thx

It's a bug. You can only change ammo loadout in FMB or Online. Sux but devs knows about it.

Rextar
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Thx ven. Erm whats FMB?

albx
08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Thx ven. Erm whats FMB?

Full mission build

Rextar
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Many thanks,btw what is the correct way to change ammo types?

Rextar
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Upon selecting your plane, go to Loadout -> Guns, remove all the ammunition, and add your own belting. Make sure to hit Apply.

Easiest way is to do it on an online server.

Thx again a noob question how do i remove ammo?

Rextar
08-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Highlight each round in the box on the left (the belt currently used in the aircraft), then in the buttons in the center, there should be a "Delete" or "Remove", can't remember which off the bat. The box on the right has all the ammunition types available to that gun. Highlight one, and hit the button "Add" or "Insert".

Great help thankyou hawk!!:-D

Rextar
08-23-2011, 08:46 AM
I find it hard to belive that you cannot select different ammo in sp.
Very poor.

trumps
08-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I find it hard to belive that you cannot select different ammo in sp.
Very poor.

This statement just goes to show how spoilt and ungrateful we have become! Please name me some other sims which give you the chance to customize belting! Obviously it is not yet working in all modes of play, but to even have it available in the FMB, or online is pretty special in my opinion, and bodes well for the future!

Craig

Rextar
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
This statement just goes to show how spoilt and ungrateful we have become! Please name me some other sims which give you the chance to customize belting! Obviously it is not yet working in all modes of play, but to even have it available in the FMB, or online is pretty special in my opinion, and bodes well for the future!

Craig

Im not being "ungrateful" and disagree with the belting option. Go to dcs simulations.
And on belting lol i still get white default rounds even when i unload them in mp!!!

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Loadouts work for me in single player ever since one of the early patches.

1) Go to the first loadout screen, choose your guns/bombs/fuel. Save with a name of your choice.
2) Bring up the second loadout screen and edit your convergence and ammo belts. Save it again with the same name as before.
3) On to the final loadout screen, choose the bomb fusing options if you have bombs installed. Again, save using the same loadout name.
4) Exit the screen by hitting "ok", not "back". Clicking the "back" button won't apply the changes.

It doesn't overwrite it on each turn, it just appends it because each screen is a different part of the loadout. Doing it like this, i've been able to set and save custom loadouts no problem.
Some people say the ammo belts are still problematic and to be honest with you all i haven't tested it much (i'd have to fiddle with the tracers to be able to recognize if it works), but using this method sure works fine for setting my fuel, convergence, bombs and bomb detonators.