PDA

View Full Version : Engine start

jeffmorgan
08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi. I understand that the letter"I" is the default key to start the engine of say, a single engine fighter [ Hurricane/Spit/Me109 ] so could someone tell me where in the control section do I place the "I" [ opposite which engine function]

Because somewhere in the game I have gone and moved or deleted "I" i think from its original position, because try as i might i can't start the bloody engine, not even in the solo flight Hurricane ?

I do all the pre-fight needs, fuel cock/ magetos/throttle 10% but that old engine stays still?????????????

When I first installed the engine started with a press of "I" key but not now'

Help and Cheers. JM.:mad:

Blackdog_kt
08-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I think it's in the "aircraft" page of available controls and it's labeled "toggle engine".

Troll2k
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
If you have CEM turned on you must go through the engine startup procedure before the "I" key will work.

jeffmorgan
08-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but i have tried all that, and still cant start the engine, whether it be in CEM or not.

I can select "Quick mission" and go fly the Hurricane cross country,and everythings fine, she handle like a charm and the graphics are wonderful and the I'll land and if I'm in CEM, I'll switch off fuel and magnetos and cut the engine, then I'll set everything back for take off, but that bloody engine will not start ??????? so now i dont know what to do next. JM.:(

jeffmorgan
08-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Can you just tell me where in your COD controls you have placed the engine start key "I"
I have placed the key opposite both"select all engines and Toggle engines" but no luck,
The prop stays motionless? JM.

jeffmorgan
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Well I'v checked my control setting,checked all key and axes commands, I have placed the key "I" opposite the engine function "Toggle all Engines"

The command key "I" is only displayed once, as above and no where else.

I have gone back into COD and selected solo flight [Hurricane] and attempted both modes, complex engine management and not, and in both cases the engine will not start ?

[ CEM= fuel cocks/magnetos/10%throttle ]:confused:

I'm lucky to have a rig that can handle this demanding sim with little or no problem, so to have a rogue command spoiling the fun its a pain in the a#$e

Jeff.

Blackdog_kt
08-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Toggle all engines means to start all the engines in a multi-engine plane. Since starting engines is done one at a time on higher realism settings, if you're flying with some form of CEM enabled the realism settings are probably blocking the command.

Try setting the "I" key to "toggle engine", which will only apply it to the currently selected engine and let me know how it works out ;-)

jeffmorgan
08-23-2011, 02:54 PM
There is no option called "select engine" you have only the following which come close to a single engine start up---

select all engines

select engine #1

toggle all engines

toggle #1 engine--- I have tried all these keys in both modes/CEM and the easy option.

When selecting to add a key/double click and are shown a hot key box, is this correct

Perhaps a good idea is to look in your control options list and see where the "I" key is placed for engine start up. Cheers Guys. Jeff.

jeffmorgan
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Well I placed the "I" key opposite "Select all engines" and clicked apply, but still engine will not turn over.

When I first had this problem I reinstalled COD, thinking that I would start from scratch and that the sim would default to its original setting, but after the reinstall the settings had not changed, they were as before ?? Jeff.

jeffmorgan
08-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Sorry Cheesehawk, my mistake but it was "Toggle selected engine[s] to which i assigned the "i" key, and as I said, still no joy !!

I dont want to sound to pessimistic, but i think I'v created something which is going to take some sorting out.

Vengeanze
08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Can't you just delete some of the ini files and then in Steam check integrity to reset values to standard?

jeffmorgan
08-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks Cheesecake, thanks for all your help. JM.

jeffmorgan
08-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Just one more question before i end this post, I have a purched DVD copy of COD, could I uninstall the version that is proving a problem and reinstall the original default version and start from scratch. Will this rewrite any files that may reside with Steam

Cheers and thanks again. JM.