PDA

View Full Version : v4.09bm Corrupted config ini

KG26_Alpha
01-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is coincidence or not, but it seems since v4.09bm was installed I have been getting corrupted conf.ini file errors.

First one I noticed was the mouse behaving strange in the Full Mission Builder, I looked at the conf.ini and there was 50% approx missing. This was after hosting a coop online.

This has also happened after I closed a coop mission, I had a BSOD (I never have a BSOD's before).
IRQ not less or equal , this usually points to a driver issue, but as it was all running fine on v4.08m so im not changing anything as yet.
And the conf.ini was again crrupted/parts missing.

The IL21946 v4.09bm installation is a direct copy of the v4.08m, there was no patching problem with dll's either, patched from 4.08 to 4.09b and all ran ok.

I have noticed some strange textures in the Slovakia map that look like cone shapes these seem to be from a certain distance usually aircraft renders, if theres a flight of 4 they all pop up a cone shaped texture instead of the aircraft shape for a few seconds. this also happened to an aircraft hangar on landing it was noticed.

Now the corrupted config ini when online is strange, but the textures are even stranger.

The graphics driver I have is old but has been bullet proof for all versions up to and including v4.08m. As a bomber pilot this driver provides long distance viewing on my setup as I have have tested alot of other drivers that support the 6800 Ultra.

XP Pro 64 bit
AMD 64 4000+
2 gig Ram
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
Driver 84.25
Audigy 2

Thxz in advance for throwing some light on this problem.

edit for bad speeling :(

brando
01-13-2008, 12:20 AM
No light Alpha, sorry - but I can report running .09b all night after you left, conf.ini totally unchanged.

How close to 4.08m is your 4.09beta installed, file and folder-wise? I have two separate folders on the C:\ drive, but neither of them is installed to the default; i.e. they're not in Program Files.

There are some odd shadows visible on certain hilly areas of the Slovakia map at lowering sun times of day. The shadows are angled into the sky, similar to the diagonal smoke columns that rise from crashed planes on hill-sides. That was there in 4.08 too, something to do with a limitation in some part of the game I've read.

It's possibly a limitation of the 64bit nVidia drivers is my best guess re. the BSODs.

The only time I've seen corruption in conf.ini is when I tried out the original sound mod. It went away when I deleted it all, the mod that is.

That was a good coop we flew tonight, thank you for hosting!

Cheers,

XP Pro x86
AMD x2 4600
2 Gb RAM
x1950 Pro 512Mb
Cat 7.11
X-Fi Gamer

KG26_Alpha
01-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi B

Yes right at the end of the Slovakia map coop corrupted conf ini happened.

I have had the problem before where IL2 v4.09bm wouldn't run after hosting and found the conf.ini corrupted.

Just ran memtest all ok there, I'm wondering if my D:/ hard drive is going, its not my os drive so I can reformat and reinstall all the IL2 stuff.

This the first time in 3 years I've had a BSOD, except when I first set ram timings up back then.

Slovakia castle shadows are a known issue, at certain TOD's.

And mods are banned as far as I'm concerned online :)

Just strange that the only file corrupted is the conf.ini

Cheers

XP Pro 64 bit
AMD 64 4000+
2 gig Ram
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
Driver 84.25
Audigy 2