PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Space Rangers 2: Reboot

ping9646
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
I have compiled a FAQ contaning all sorts of stuff regarding SR2 so if you are interested then give it a look here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/958929-space-rangers-2-reboot/faqs/62822

Feel free to add things that I have missed, or things that you would like to see in the FAQ so that we can flesh it out a bit.

Enjoy!

jake21
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Could you add the method to reset the quests across games. I.e, there is some file you have to edit or delete so if you play again you can redo some of the text quests - else it remembers across games and never does them a second time.

The probelm is that there are so few of them so the second play there is not much to do :(

ping9646
08-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Good question Jake. I have never heard about this before. Would it not be easier just to uninstall the game and reinstall it?

//CJ

jake21
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Well not easier but i suppsoe that is one route. I wonder if this games has some install count thingy you have to be careufl to deactive.

DRNewcomb
03-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I think it would be nice if this FAQ highlighted things that have been changed since the original SR2. (e.g. "The artifact does not repair Vertixes, IMHO-9000, Torpedo apparatus and artifacts." In the first version nanitoids did fix vertexes, etc.)

ping9646
03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Newcomb,
Good suggestion but unfortunately I don't have vanilla SR2 and I would probably spend my time on another FAQ rather fleshing out differences between old and new SR2. The only thing that you need to know that SR2:Reboot kicks the ass out of SR2 :-)

Thanks for the input though!

omegaweapon
06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
very good faqs really it was what i used about a month ago (and i still use it sometimes for reference) when i just started to play the game thanks for such a wonderful faqs

i just want to add somethings also with coming of "space rangers 2: a war apart" it maybe better to wait for it then update your faqs :)

beginning equipment stats depends on your luck (in difficulty setting) with luck set on none u wont get upgraded stuff, larger hulls, etc

multi resonators also damage nearby enemies

in the beginning trading equipment and medicine btw two planets (where u get the tutorial quest and where u should sell the medicine) is far better than gathering medicine from everywhere

result of exploring uninhabited planets depends on your equipment value so its better to not explore them befor u have something real

u suggested to bring extera engine and fuel tank i never did this but what realy damage your equipments are electronic cutter and vertixes (as far as i remember) so it may not help that much beacuse this weapons damage your equipment on hold too

building military bases may give u more point i am not sure how this work exactly but i am pretty sure i get 120 point once

ping9646
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info Omegaweapon. I will try to add your findings (as well as the "crazybot" cheat) to the FAQ when I get the time!

DRNewcomb
12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
result of exploring uninhabited planets depends on your equipment value so its better to not explore them befor u have something real
I don't think this is correct. I believe that different equipment gets "seeded" onto planets at different times. Often the better equipment gets "seeded" later. Often you can search a planet early in the game (e.g. 3302) and later it resets from explored to unexplored within a few years.