PDA

View Full Version : New to 7.62

Battleseed
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello peeps,

Vet BE5 player here and just started 7.62 vanilla and enjoying it so far. Played both factions (Rebel & Gov) of the campaign until you are forced to choose a side and all the side missions I could find with just my main merc.

Hired an additional guy for 'The Convoy' and went to que commands like how I am used to doing in BE5, and could not find any way to do it. Nothing in the manual I could find either. This is a huge deal not being able to have multiple mercs doing a planed attack. Now I have to constantly switch back and forth and micro every single thing in real time. Please tell me they did not remove the que system and I just can't find it.

Are there more missions like The Convoy as far as being so chaotic? Glad I only had to manage 2 mercs with so many idiot allies chasing my grenades or running in to my line of fire.

Edit: Whats the deal with not being able to strike enemies with a knife? Seems I can only throw them. They are called 'fighting' knives after all.

Edit2: LOL ok now I feel dumb. Guess that big RECORD button in the lower right corner was not for doing in game movie recordings (like you could do in BE5 from the console) and is the que system I was looking for. Whew, big relief.

Badbru
08-18-2011, 07:37 AM
In answering your own question you've answered one of mine. I've been looking for the que orders option for ages, who would have thought "Record".

I'll answer your other question, with a knife in hand, just to the left of the hand slot there is two option buttons throw, and below it, strike. Throw is the default option so to stab you need to click on the strike box.

Hope you find it.

IceShade
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, as has been answered, Record is for queueing orders. I do find that too many orders crash the game (try picking up 3 queued grenades from the ground or something).

Unfortunately, the record movie function has been removed. A shame, because it allowed for a smooth replay in BE5. Oh well, there's always Fraps..

Battleseed
08-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I'll answer your other question, with a knife in hand, just to the left of the hand slot there is two option buttons throw, and below it, strike. Throw is the default option so to stab you need to click on the strike box.

Hope you find it.

Got it thanks. Have to get used to this new GUI and all the buttons.